Camera crashes when zooming

Search This thread

DroidApprentice

Nov 7, 2010
I'm on ATT D580.
I saw your post and uninstalled TeslaLED from my phone. I also cleared data and cache. Mine still force closes when zooming.

Yes, unfortunately I discovered that the issue still happens sporadically for me now. At least it's not every time. Might try and see if it happens at all bitrates or just some.

marv_in_lbc

Oct 16, 2011
Long Beach, CA
I'm on the AT&T version also and had this problem since day one.

I'm using this now: http://goo.gl/uXbGzz and the problem is still there.

However, playing with the phone tonight, I found a way to zoom while recording that seems to work all the time. While recording, pinch in, as if you're zooming out. A slider will appear at the bottom (or, in the side of you're holding it landscape). You have to use the slider to zoom in and out - just the slider - and every single time i used the slider, the camera zoomed in or out.

Update: And while playing with the camera more, I found that once you zoom in and the slider disappears, you're stuck at that zoom level until you stop recording. Trying to get the slider to reappear means you have to pinch - and if you pinch, then the app crashes.

Update 2: As long as you leave your finger on the slider, you can zoom in or out the whole time.

Last edited:

TheRichard

Jan 18, 2014
I just tried this and it only works for me if I zoom out BEFORE hitting record. If I zoom IN before hitting record it won't work. ****ing weird and frustrating!

tlwaldrup1

Jan 18, 2014
camera crashes from google app

I have two lg g3 the problem with the camera crashing with the video zoom is an update to the google app go to your apps and find google app and clear the cache and then uninstall updates then restart the phone camera should work fine, after the restart google will try to update itself again let it update it has worked on both of my phones.

Attachments

• googleapp.jpg
    googleapp.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 70
  • googleappcache.jpg
    googleappcache.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 70