[Q] How Much Would you pay?

Search This thread

lynuxlover

Apr 10, 2012
Bradford
Just wondering how much would you buy a HTC Wildfire S for?

1. £50
2. £100
3. £150

I am thinking of selling mine and maybe getting a new one but I need an upgrade from the HTC Wildfire S.

chicle_11

Jan 24, 2011
Miami, Florida

1. £50
2. £100
3. £150

I am thinking of selling mine and maybe getting a new one but I need an upgrade from the HTC Wildfire S.

I bought mine, new, from metropcs for $99. They had a special shortly thereafter where they were selling it online for $89. It is now selling for $119, both online and at their stores. These are cdma and yours is probably gsm. I figured you could use this as a guide. If you have a special Rom on it, that is an added value.
Good luck.

Reactions: Czechball

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
I bought mine, new, from metropcs for $99. They had a special shortly thereafter where they were selling it online for $89. It is now selling for $119, both online and at their stores. These are cdma and yours is probably gsm. I figured you could use this as a guide. If you have a special Rom on it, that is an added value.
Good luck.

Same here. I got mine for a whopping $39 upgrade fee from MetroPCS. (I "upgraded" from an Optimus. Wish I hadn't.)

Had I purchased it outright, it would have cost me $99.

Even with a custom ROM, its a used phone. I woudln't pay anything more than $50. Probably wouldn't even pay that.

spit_fire

Aug 27, 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
I got mine for £85. Had to unlock it as well so basically cost me £90 for an unlocked brand new one. :D

I'm guessing you'd be able to fetch a good price on gumtree or something. I try to avoid eBay as I usually end up broke after they deduct the goddamn fees..

And for the record, people love modded stuff!! I remember I sold my customed HD mini for £150 or so when I bought it for around a 100. :cool:

PS. But when listing, try mentioning that you can bring it back to stock if requested.

laxsrbija

Feb 16, 2012
I am probably the only one here that got this phone completely FREE.

The company that I work for gave me a HTC Smart that I can use as my phone for work. It was a bad phone, didn't even have an Android OS. I've managed to somehow break the screen on it, so I've sent it back to service for repairs. Since they haven't returned it within the 45 days, as promised in the contract, I decided to sue them :D They gave me a WFS as a sign of apology, and in the meantime my company also gave me a new phone. Since the WFS isn't given to me by the company, and they don't even know that it exists, I can do all kinds of things to it.

Anyways, HTC Wildfire S costs around 180-210 EUR in my country. You can get a used version for around 110 Euros (£90).

Ko_Ka

Oct 30, 2011
Dublin
Its worth £150. But I'd rather pay £100 only after user experience. 600mhz come on.

If I had of known about the ****ty internal storage I would have never bought it, in fact I tried returning the phone the day after purchase but they refused to take it back, so I left the network I used for 10 years over it!

Luckily Vodafone Ireland are retarded and didn't lock the sim properly, a quick "clear simlock" in the bootloader sorted it and any sim works in it, I got it a week after it came out here, cost 230 at the time (PAYG- would have been free on a plan) and until I got s-off with Xtc clip only then did I start enjoying a proper phone! (with a2sd of course)

Reactions: finance.resat

alc027

Nov 22, 2011

The company that I work for gave me a HTC Smart that I can use as my phone for work. It was a bad phone, didn't even have an Android OS. I've managed to somehow break the screen on it, so I've sent it back to service for repairs. Since they haven't returned it within the 45 days, as promised in the contract, I decided to sue them :D They gave me a WFS as a sign of apology, and in the meantime my company also gave me a new phone. Since the WFS isn't given to me by the company, and they don't even know that it exists, I can do all kinds of things to it.

Anyways, HTC Wildfire S costs around 180-210 EUR in my country. You can get a used version for around 110 Euros (£90).

Probably... but not the only one.

Mine was given to me by HTC for... selling lots of HTC handsets (I work for vodafone).

Being massively unimpressed (I wanted at lease a Desire S) to show my appreciation I promptly bricked it from a bad flash. I've been trying to recover it for weeks.

chaplinb

Jan 27, 2012
Its not such a bad phone when you whack a custom ROM on it. I'm paying £12 a month for 300Mins unlimited texts and unlimited data. Free phone, 2 year contract. Good yes?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using XDA

raffobaghdo

Feb 6, 2012
Albany
I acquired my Wildfire S from T-Mobile back in November and it was free. Was my first Android up until I think around March I sold it for $150 in the middle of the night lol. Truth be told I wouldn't pay no more than $80. But it wasn't a bad phone for me. Just didn't like the small screen (eye problems)

JFcavedweller

Jun 9, 2012

The "retail cost" is about 330USD here from US Cellular, but mine was free, no legal drama :)

omnomnomkimiiee

Aug 26, 2011
Gex
Got mine for 80€ when it was released in France, but I think you can get one in pristine condition for 50€-70€ nowadays.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. £50
    2. £100
    3. £150

Good luck.
    WTF??????!!!!!!!!!! 99 dolars??
    In my country (Croatia) it costs 1900 kn, and that is more then 200 € !!!!
    Its worth £150. But I'd rather pay £100 only after user experience. 600mhz come on.

If I had of known about the ****ty internal storage I would have never bought it, in fact I tried returning the phone the day after purchase but they refused to take it back, so I left the network I used for 10 years over it!

Luckily Vodafone Ireland are retarded and didn't lock the sim properly, a quick "clear simlock" in the bootloader sorted it and any sim works in it, I got it a week after it came out here, cost 230 at the time (PAYG- would have been free on a plan) and until I got s-off with Xtc clip only then did I start enjoying a proper phone! (with a2sd of course)