[Q]Unable to boot into Download or recovery mode

Search This thread

wangzorro

Jan 6, 2014
I was using my Galaxy S2(SGH-T-989) normally today and it suddenly crashed when I opened my tether app. Now all it does is reboot constantly unless I remove its power source/battery. Sometimes the Samsung logo pops up but the screen just stays black and the phone constantly vibrates like its turning on. I tried to boot into both download mode and recovery mode withe every possible key combination and it does not work.

I also tried removing the battery and let it sit a while without power and then put the battery back in. As soon as i put the battery in it starts up in the loop again.

running Clockwork recovery mod and cyanogen

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Last edited:

ndmuni

Sep 16, 2011
I was using my Galaxy S2(SGH-T-989) normally today and it suddenly crashed when I opened my tether app. Now all it does is reboot constantly unless I remove its power source/battery.
Sometimes the Samsung logo pops up but the screen just stays black and the phone constantly vibrates like its turning on. I tried to boot into both download mode and recovery mode withe every possible key combination and it does not work.

I also tried removing the battery and let it sit a while without power and then put the battery back in. As soon as i put the battery in it starts up in the loop again.

What happens when u plug in yr wall charger?

Reactions: wangzorro

wangzorro

Jan 6, 2014

I haven't tried that yet since I dont have access to a wall charger but I do have access to a usb cable and it does the same thing like the battery. I will try tonight.

Edit:
same thing with a wall charger. It just vibrates like it starts up and sometimes a samsung logo will appear but it then boots up again and again.

Last edited:

Almite

Mar 24, 2013
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I was using my Galaxy S2(SGH-T-989) normally today and it suddenly crashed when I opened my tether app. Now all it does is reboot constantly unless I remove its power source/battery. Sometimes the Samsung logo pops up but the screen just stays black and the phone constantly vibrates like its turning on. I tried to boot into both download mode and recovery mode withe every possible key combination and it does not work.

Sounds like a sticky power button, do a search on this forum section for that and you will find a possible workaround for it.

Reactions: wangzorro

wangzorro

Jan 6, 2014

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was using my Galaxy S2(SGH-T-989) normally today and it suddenly crashed when I opened my tether app. Now all it does is reboot constantly unless I remove its power source/battery.
    Sometimes the Samsung logo pops up but the screen just stays black and the phone constantly vibrates like its turning on. I tried to boot into both download mode and recovery mode withe every possible key combination and it does not work.

Wrong forum, belongs here. I've asked mods to move your thread, sit tight until they do.

Sounds like a sticky power button, do a search on this forum section for that and you will find a possible workaround for it.