[ROM][4.1.2][11/15] Chimera 3.0 - Team Passion - The Beast Arrives!

Search This thread

neobuddy89

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Mar 13, 2011
Mumbai
one stupid question. is this rom's volume is as loud as ICS stock or leaked rom's? because I have tried other CM10 and AOSP based roms which all have low volume problem. low volume means not as loud as I can get from ICS based rom. (I watch movie on the train so it must be pretty loud to hear the conversation but I still want to try the goodies of higher android version)
So pls any genius to answer the question.
Thanks

Try using MX Player from market. It resolves if I get that issue.

Sent from N7000 powered by Chimera 3.0

Reactions: thihaz

Silver251

Oct 16, 2010
I have to say that at the moment all is working fine, but i miss something that's included in lasts PA roms, stylus gestures, if you add this feature in new versions, i'll love you.

I'm trying it right now, i will post more info about my experience.

neobuddy89

Mar 13, 2011
Mumbai
I have to say that at the moment all is working fine, but i miss something that's included in lasts PA roms, stylus gestures, if you add this feature in new versions, i'll love you.

I'm trying it right now, i will post more info about my experience.

We will check out what we can do on that. Though not sure where to begin.

timstanley1985

Sep 23, 2010
London
Hi

This sounds really promising but i kept away from cookies and cream because it has not received an update over a mounth later. Do you plan to update this rom more often?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Reactions: SirRhor

neobuddy89

Mar 13, 2011
Mumbai
Hi

This sounds really promising but i kept away from cookies and cream because it has not received an update over a mounth later. Do you plan to update this rom more often?

C&C didn't get any update because the merger was breaking many things. This is not issue with Chimera.
Update is to be expected with major fix or new feature added in any AOSP base. :)

We will check out what we can do on that. Though not sure where to begin.

I think stylus gestures is a feature of latest CM10.. Paranoid just sourced it from there. But I'm not sure. I might be wrong.\

@Neobuddy.. I see your from Bombay/Pune. I can provide a small donation to keep you guys going. Not much.. just enough for a pitcher of beer. Can you share with me your Bank A/C no. Easier than paypal

Last edited:

srinivas07

Jan 1, 2011
Kurnool,AndhraPradesh
Hi,Thanks for your amazing rom...I was waiting for this blast....By the way could you please make mirror to download...It say's direct link will be available after 4hours.I can't wait.:fingers-crossed:

superfan'

Aug 21, 2011
If I followed the instruction in the op,as formatting the system,will the backup of titanium backup be deleted?

~BSOD~

Nov 3, 2010
Bangalore
If I followed the instruction in the op,as formatting the system,will the backup of titanium backup be deleted?

yes..it only formats your system partition, all things saved in internal 'user' accessible memory remains intact. I mean your titanium and all other data in internal memory remains intact after system partition format.

neobuddy89

Mar 13, 2011
Mumbai
Hi,Thanks for your amazing rom...I was waiting for this blast....By the way could you please make mirror to download...It say's direct link will be available after 4hours.I can't wait.:fingers-crossed:

Yes. Will ask team member to make one.

siddjazz

Nov 21, 2010
Bangalore
www.siddharthmukherjee.com
I'm using the ROM in tablet mode. The toggles on the status bar get a little messed up. It displays toggles from PA settings as well as from the AOKP settings in 2 different rows.
It's a simple solution to just turn off all toggles from the PA settings, but i'm just saying :)

veghov

Mar 4, 2012
This rom is working great, it seems super stable, and it is probably the fastest AOSP rom i've tried. But i think i have found one issue with the DPI changer. It seems like the status bar is mode is overlapping the currently open app in some DPI ranges. It also seems like its more noticable when apps are in tablet mode (720x) As you can clearly see in the screenshot the status bar is overlapping the green smiley messaging icon at the top right. That is however the only issue i've found and that is really impressive for a new rom! Congratulations Neo you have done it again. I am really thankful for your amazing work :D
Screenshot of the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b35shnrkk55p22u/Screenshot_2012-11-15-17-43-34.png
Screenshot of my paranoid settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rr4v44aid84i0h0/Screenshot_2012-11-15-17-41-33.png

Reactions: neobuddy89

neobuddy89

Mar 13, 2011
Mumbai
This rom is working great, it seems super stable, and it is probably the fastest AOSP rom i've tried. But i think i have found one issue with the DPI changer. It seems like the status bar is mode is overlapping the currently open app in some DPI ranges. It also seems like its more noticable when apps are in tablet mode (720x) As you can clearly see in the screenshot the status bar is overlapping the green smiley messaging icon at the top right. That is however the only issue i've found and that is really impressive for a new rom! Congratulations Neo you have done it again. I am really thankful for your amazing work :D
Screenshot of the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b35shnrkk55p22u/Screenshot_2012-11-15-17-43-34.png
Screenshot of my paranoid settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rr4v44aid84i0h0/Screenshot_2012-11-15-17-41-33.png

Thanks for reporting. Will check out what's wrong and get back.

Reactions: veghov

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these directions.
     * YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if you point your finger at 
     * me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Chimera 3.0

Video Courtesy: Parth Patel

What's Chimera? A mix of you favorite JB ROMs. You have DPI control over apps and ROM from ParanoidAndroid. You get the extensive customization's of AOKP's ROM Control. The stability and speed of CM10. Powered with HydraCore Kernel. :cool:

ROM Highlights:
    Tons of Customization by AOKP
    CM's Memory Leak Fix
    ParanoidAndroid DPI preferences
    ParanoidAndroid Statusbar Color Per App preferences
    CodeNameAndroid customizations
    Customized Nova Launcher and other apps
    4.2 Goodies: Keyboard and Clock
    TeamPassion's Build & Tweaks
    ....... Ultimate JellyBean for You! :good:

Installation Method:

If you are coming from any other ROM especially other than JB AOSP Roms, we recommend full wipe:
    • Make sure to run CM9/10 or an AOSP-based ROM : FLASHING/WIPING FROM STOCK ICS OR ROMS BASED ON STOCK ICS WILL RESULT IN A BRICK! - You're warned!
    • Wipe Data
    • Wipe Cache Partition
    • Mounts and Storage > Format System

Steps to be followed by all users:
    • Download latest ROM build & Google Apps (from below links) on your SDCARD
    • Reboot in Recovery - Make sure you are on CM9/CM10/AOSP-based ROM's recovery
    • Mounts and Storage > Format System
    • Flash Chimera
    • Flash Gapps
    • Reboot, ain't that simple?

Download Links:

Chimera 3.0 -
    http://BillionUploads.com/easgwrg6ndlw

Mirror link-
    http://d-h.st/LHg

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

Caution:
    • Weather panel FC if you touch to update. To fix it select update in short click action. Looking to find how to make it default. The setting eludes me at this time.
    • A new discovery. In System settings>navigation. Color settings don't work and could conflict. Use ROM Control to adjust the color.

Special Thanks:
    Nelson (ngiordano - Team Passion Developer) for this N7000 build
    CyanogenMod Team for their continuous effort in betterment. We hope you resolve your issue soon.
    AOKP, CNA and ParanoidAndroid for their customizations. Hats off!

If you may wish to donate to Team Passion:

Reserved Post for NASA.
    Reserved post for UNESCO.
    Hi Neo...
    What is the difference between this ROM with your Cookie & Cream ROM???

PA is used as base and AOKP integrated here. In C&C we used CNA as base and integrated PA.
    Moreover, this includes all latest fixes by respective AOSP base.
    Chimera and C&C both use CM10 device tree. So both are pretty stable.

Reserved post for ME! :p