Extended battery back doors?

Search This thread

Ghost_1

Oct 8, 2007
I finally got some pics. Sorry about the low res cam shots, used my crappy one connected to my computer. I lent my "camera" (HTC Amaze 4G) to a buddy.
Sorry for the huge pics. :p
Here are some pics to show my setup which works great. MIME SP, ZOMGO gunmetal bumper, Anker battery, Gunmetal Carbon Fiber Look 3M Vinyl Spiegen Home button.
Sorry for the huge pictures... :(
topside_zpsb0c90b1a.jpg

volumesidw_zps384d975e.jpg

Powerside_zps9fe4e03d.jpg

Front_zps0890786c.jpg

frontover_zpsa6c3886f.jpg

Bottomside_zps5cf21f5a.jpg

back_zps14fdc540.jpg

devynbf

Oct 20, 2012
I finally got some pics. Sorry about the low res cam shots, used my crappy one connected to my computer. I lent my "camera" (HTC Amaze 4G) to a buddy.
Sorry for the huge pics. :p
Here are some pics to show my setup which works great. MIME SP, ZOMGO gunmetal bumper, Anker battery, Gunmetal Carbon Fiber Look 3M Vinyl Spiegen Home button.
Sorry for the huge pictures... :(
topside_zpsb0c90b1a.jpg

volumesidw_zps384d975e.jpg

Powerside_zps9fe4e03d.jpg

Front_zps0890786c.jpg

frontover_zpsa6c3886f.jpg

Bottomside_zps5cf21f5a.jpg

back_zps14fdc540.jpg

Very cool.

I ordered vinyl and that exact same bumper today.

Will post photos once I apply.

But my photos will look exactly like these haha.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
Does the button mod make a huge difference or is it mostly for the look?

Sent from my Note II

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
Just ordered 2 new vinyls blue and black (not sure which one I'll use yet), and the Extended battery. The bumper case looks nice and so does the button, but I'm going to see how it is with just back cover first. I was looking for the bumper with buttons included, are people with those bumpers finding it hard to access buttons?

Ghost_1

Oct 8, 2007

Sent from my Note II

I did it because without it you can still hit your home button but it is a little recessed. You can get away without it but it makes the home button even out with the Mime SP.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

what button mod? has anyone noticed a drop in GPS, cell, or WiFi signal with the bumper cases?

I get the same reception or I think I do at least. If it has dropped it is minimal. I've had two bumpers one ebay special with rubber buttons and the Zomgo.

I'm not uber crazy to check but I've been using Network Signal Info Pro to watch the dBm and I haven't noticed anything crazy low or high when using the cases. I still get the same numbers with or without the bumpers. I really have a hard time taking the bumpers on and off so I can't really get you the final numbers. I can tell you in daily usage it works fine.

Reactions: kminatta
I get the same reception or I think I do at least. If it has dropped it is minimal. I've had two bumpers one ebay special with rubber buttons and the Zomgo.

I'm not uber crazy to check but I've been using Network Signal Info Pro to watch the dBm and I haven't noticed anything crazy low or high when using the cases. I still get the same numbers with or without the bumpers. I really have a hard time taking the bumpers on and off so I can't really get you the final numbers. I can tell you in daily usage it works fine.

The cellular signal may or may not be affected, depending on the provider you're using and the signal coverage strength.

What will be affected is the GPS and its ability to maintain a lock.
There have been many threads and users reporting this.

If that is not important for dally use, aluminum bumpers offer good protection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ghost_1

Oct 8, 2007
The cellular signal may or may not be affected, depending on the provider you're using and the signal coverage strength.

What will be affected is the GPS and its ability to maintain a lock.
There have been many threads and users reporting this.

If that is not important for dally use, aluminum bumpers offer good protection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I use my GPS all the time, I have not noticed any lock issues. The GPS locks on fast and it doesn't get squirrel-ly on me. Maybe that's just me though. Lol :D

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

devynbf

Oct 20, 2012
I just applied my carbon vinyl and bumper, will post pics tomorrow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a quick look at what you can do with the Anker extended battery/case and a bumper...
    Before

After

Carbon Gear is where you can get one.

They are a little more expensive and I'm sure you can ebay it but I live not to far from where Carbon Gear is at. It ran me about $15 shipped maybe a little more but it was around there. On ebay you can search for "3m Vinyl carbon" and you should get a ton of hits.

You'll need Patience, an Exacto knife, scissors, and a hair drier. Mine came out almost the same as the posts above, he just beat me to the punch. lol
    1. The Patience is self explanatory
    2. Put the sticker on the case, make sure to cut more than you need for "shrinkage", I gave myself about an inch or 2 on all sides.
    3. Use the hair drier to form the sticker around the edges and nooks and crannies.
    4. When satisfied let the sticker cool off and use the exacto to cut the excess off.

This is easier said than done but if you screw up a 12" x 12" sheet should give you enough to do this three time. I got it on the first time and my only advice is to take your time. This is the best way to do it because no one makes an extended door in patterns yet nor can I find a back door by itself.

I would also recommend not using the aluminum bumper with the rubber buttons. While it does work it's a super tight fit and while adjusting the front sliding frame I ripped off my JLG protector. Luckily my MIME SP just came in the mail today. ROFL.
    You could order a textured carbon skin for the white door if you can't find the door alone. Amazon may have the extended battery cover. Try searching "galaxy note 2 extended battery cover" without the " and see what turns up otherwise I'd go with textured carbon fiber skin on the current battery door or maybe some black textured truck bed liner in a spray can that stuffs pretty tough and doesn't look bad if you spray it carefully you could even mask off around the logos if you want to keep them. Be sure to mask off the openings(camera, speaker etc) from the back and have an exacto/utility knife and some coarse to fine grit sand paper handy to keep the finish nice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Alright cool.
    Can you link me to some vinyl please?
    Sorry for the hassle, I just can't happen to find it lol.

Look for 3M automotive accent vinyl in carbon fibre

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Here's a quick look at what you can do with the Anker extended battery/case and a bumper...
    Before

After

Carbon Gear is where you can get one.

You'll need Patience, an Exacto knife, scissors, and a hair drier. Mine came out almost the same as the posts above, he just beat me to the punch. lol
    1. The Patience is self explanatory
    2. Put the sticker on the case, make sure to cut more than you need for "shrinkage", I gave myself about an inch or 2 on all sides.
    3. Use the hair drier to form the sticker around the edges and nooks and crannies.
    4. When satisfied let the sticker cool off and use the exacto to cut the excess off.

I got inspired by this mod and did it on my oem battery back door. I must say I love the results!

Before:
    pymuzu9e.jpg

After:
    epupe3uv.jpg

It looks amazing and I am probably gonna do it again when I pull the trigger on the Anker battery-case combo. Thanks for that! :)

Sent from my Note II

Sent from my Note II

I did it because without it you can still hit your home button but it is a little recessed. You can get away without it but it makes the home button even out with the Mime SP.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

what button mod? has anyone noticed a drop in GPS, cell, or WiFi signal with the bumper cases?