[All-You-Need] # Rooting / Custom Recovery / Factory Restore #

Search This thread

sohanjaryal

Sep 22, 2013
jalandhar,punjab
No dude. Canvas HD runs on a processor called MediaTek MT6589 and this processor doesn't have proper source codes to build a Android KitKat for this phone. There are hundreds of phones running this same processor and as of today, none of those hundreds have got KitKat. There are only a few people who have managed to get the complete source codes from Mediatek and OEMs. But they are still fixing lots of bugs. It will definitely take many more months before a flawless version can be built by these people. As far as Micromax is concerned, I don't think they are capable of making such huge breakthroughs. Therefore they would wait till some foreign player makes a flawless build and then copy the same to their own models. There are some rumours floating around saying Micromax will release Kitkat in May 2014, but we will definitely get it much earlier from the unofficial developer community. Keep checking the forums.

Thanks buddy

Sent from my Spice Mi-496 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

G.Ashwinkumar

Jul 2, 2013
Hosur

salaigeethan666

May 23, 2013
HTC Desire 816
LG K10
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49521667#post49521667 See the last post i think that you did the same and now trying to show of ........

So please just.....

fine. i'm calling truce. but refrain from making 4 threads in a row regarding the same topics and try to give proper credits to people you learn from. it pisses me off when you merely mention that you took a lot of help from xda in your credits section. xda is people and can't you even name them?: (the reason i hated you in the first place) i may not be the developer of that rooting app, but it is a fact that you came to know about that app only after seeing my thread and you made a spinoff thread despite there being a thread already in place regarding the same topic

madboybilly

Mar 15, 2014
problem loading

hi..after selecting the scatter file and then clicking on download i get an error msg saying all the images are not loaded correctly and might cause a boot up issue..the Preloader seems to be having an issue. However even after that i proceed..my phone is not getting detected.
pls help!

BhatiaPulkit

Jan 12, 2014
New Delhi
I want stock back. I tried everything but no matter which link I follow, I am unable to extract and install the USB drivers and later the SP Flash Tools zip file.
I have win 7(ultimate) Operating system. I have downloaded everything mentioned in post 1 and followed guidelines many times..

Apr 1, 2014
not working

Farmaroot is not working a popup appear "your device is not Vulnerable....."
Pls help
Micromax canvas HD a116 with 4.2 update

G.Ashwinkumar

Jul 2, 2013
Hosur
hi..after selecting the scatter file and then clicking on download i get an error msg saying all the images are not loaded correctly and might cause a boot up issue..the Preloader seems to be having an issue. However even after that i proceed..my phone is not getting detected.
pls help!

Even my phone is not detected in the Flash tools, it is a problem faced by many maybe you can try the other methods.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I want stock back. I tried everything but no matter which link I follow, I am unable to extract and install the USB drivers and later the SP Flash Tools zip file.
I have win 7(ultimate) Operating system. I have downloaded everything mentioned in post 1 and followed guidelines many times..

Just flash stock Rom using the recovery and then root it flash the stock recovery and then unroot your phone done!

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Farmaroot is not working a popup appear "your device is not Vulnerable....."
Pls help
Micromax canvas HD a116 with 4.2 update

What version of Framaroot did you use?

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Use sp flash tool, it worked..

Congrats!

Reactions: Rishabhbhutoria

Mahisasur

May 26, 2013
i have custom based rom installed on my chd and i want to install the original stock rom from service center. if i give them my cell phone to upgrade. will it harm my device in any way. my warranty is already expired.
please reply

rane1810

Jul 9, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Easy way to root and recovery for canvas hd a116

1 -download the farmaroot apk file.search form google you will get it or go here>
http://xdaforums.com/apps/framaroot/root-framaroot-one-click-apk-to-root-t2130276

2-install apk and open it <select it install super su select any one name

3 your phone is rooted just reboot it and see super su app in your application

4- just to know your phone is fully rooted go to playstore search for rootchecker dowload it and open it
you will know your phone is rooted

5 Again download TWRP RECOVERY link here http://d-h.st/IsY dowload it

6https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify&hl=en install this apk file (flashify)

7-where you downloaded the TWRP go there select it it will install with (flashify ) or open flashify and select it and choose a file .

8 congratulations you have rooted and install recovery .:laugh::laugh::good:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANY QUESTION PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay's

kings.aps93

Nov 12, 2014
New Delhi
You can use framaroot for root your mmx a116, and the free version is here(in XDA Forum) too.

Sent from my C2305 using XDA Free mobile app

venmathiraj

Dec 28, 2014
Unable to install ROM and can't get Recovery

I've wiped Cache & Dalvik and factory reset then rebooted accidentally with out install ROM.
After that, mobile not opening into recovery mode and Cannot install any ROM.
Now mobile is just turned on thats all cannot do anything other than this.

Please help me to fix it.:confused::(
Micromax A116i

bharat.bkj

Jun 4, 2013
mumbai
I've wiped Cache & Dalvik and factory reset then rebooted accidentally with out install ROM.
After that, mobile not opening into recovery mode and Cannot install any ROM.
Now mobile is just turned on thats all cannot do anything other than this.

Please help me to fix it.:confused::(
Micromax A116i
Download original stock ROM....flash the Phn using the PC using Micromax tool...problem solved

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting MediaTek MTK6589 phones without Flash Tools:-

EDIT: Just use Framaroot. Simple. No PC required. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276. Just install the App and use one of the exploits.

*You can ignore this* OLD METHOD: (use this if you have a lot of time to waste )
    Get "Motochopper, developed by djrbliss" for rooting Motorola devices. It works on most devices running Jelly bean 4.1 and above.

Original post (requires logging in) / Thread on XDA / # Alternate Download (Mirror)#

Here's what you need before you Root.

1. Any Phone with MediaTek MTK6589 Processor and Jelly Bean 4.1+

2. Drivers for ADB (connects the pc with the phone through USB Debugging) - there are many sources to get these drivers. If you're running the stock micromax firmware, it's found onboard when you connect the usb. For others running custom firmware, you could download from moulnisky.com. Even windows update might automatically install these drivers for you, but it's time consuming. After you've installed this, proceed to the next step to find out if you've established a proper connection between phone and pc.

3. Connect the phone to PC via USB cable and run the motochopper (run.bat file). press ok. then connect the phone to pc and enable USB debugging from the developer tools. Now the tool should push the exploit and root your phone. if no device is detected, go back to step two and install the correct drivers. if it's done, you're a superuser.
    Note: In Android 4.2, Developer Tools will be hidden by default. You'll have to enable it first. For that, Go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number > Tap 7 Times.

Wanna Unroot and go back to Normal user?
    SuperSu > Settings > Full Cleanup and Manually Reboot.

Installing Custom Recovery:-

This is a Must-if you have a rooted phone. Install a custom recovery before you start changing any system files. this will come in handy in case you mess up your phone and stuck in bootloop. It is commonly used for installing unofficial firmwares and also for backing up your perfectly working firmware.

To install a Custom Recovery, follow these steps. ( Root permissions needed )

1. Root the phone (refer above).

2. Download Mobileuncle MTK Tools from the Play Store.

. Download a Custom Recovery of your choice and place it on your external SD card without any folders. the recovery image file must have the word recovery in it for the app to detect it. i.e twrprecovery,recovery-twrp,etc.. so whatever sources you get the recovery image from, rename it accordingly.

Clockworkmod and TWRP are the most commonly used custom recoveries. It's up to you to decide which one you're installing. TWRP vs Clockworkmod: Which custom recovery is the best?

3. Now run Mobileuncle Tool. Recovery Update > You'll find the recovery image there. Select and confirm to install. Done.

More info: Backups taken with clockworkmod don't work with twrp. so choose your family wisely. :)

Re-installing the Stock Recovery:-
    If you want to revert to the Stock Recovery at some point due to some reason, HERE is the stock recovery taken from the stock firmware. You can flash it through Mobileuncle just like you flashed custom recovery.

Launching the Phone in Recovery mode:-
    Switch off the Phone and wait till it's completely off. Pressing Volume Up + Power will enter the Recovery mode.

Factory Restore:-

Wanna Upgrade to a Newer version of Android ? or Have you just messed up your Phone ? Worry-Not. Here's the solution for all your problems. As the saying goes " A MediaTek Phone can never be Hard-bricked ". It can only be Soft-bricked and then it's easy to resurrect it back from the Dead with SmartPhone Flash Tool.

Here's what you need:

1. Micromax Micromax Canvas HD (I'm not sure if this firmware will work with any variants of this Device.)

2. The Latest Firmware for Micromax Canvas HD: S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER (Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, Released on 18-October-2013)

3. Download the latest version of Smart Phone Flash Tools: Download v3.1312.0.139

4. MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port Drivers - (Download) - This is the most important part. If you don't install these drivers, SP Flash Tools will not work.
    Note: these aren't the same drivers that comes with the Phone or those Unsigned Drivers provided by many sources. These are signed drivers and works with all versions of Windows (includes 7,8 x64 versions)
    How to install: Don't download the first file (it's just an installer). Get the two other files which are the Drivers. Keep them in a folder and extract them. You will have two .inf files. Right click on both of them and install. Simple.

5. After downloading all the required files and installing the drivers, power off your phone completely and remove the USB cable. Now remove the battery from the phone.

6. Extract the zip file containing the micromax firmware to some folder and then run SP Flash Tools. Now select the Scatter-Loading File which is inside the extracted folder named as "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc". Press Download and connect the USB cable to the phone (without battery). It takes around two minutes to complete. Removing it mid-way will only mess-up the phone. After a Green circle is shown on screen, you can remove the cable and turn on the phone. That's all.

Note: If you're upgrading from Android 4.1 to 4.2, for the first time, You might enter an app called TP Upgrade that will run on the first boot. It's a Nice app. It upgrades your TouchPad drivers to the latest version and will ask for confirmation.but the thing is "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ON YOUR SCREEN WHILE IT'S THERE (NOT EVEN THE OK BUTTON)". It will start by it's own and completes in around 5 minutes approximately. If you accidentally touch the screen, your TouchPad will stop working. Now, Don't Panic. Welcome to the League. :p Now remove the battery from the phone and restart. You should see the same TP Upgrade coming up again. Have some snacks and don't do what you did last time. It'll be fine.

Credits:-
    djrbliss for motochopper
    suhas.holla for the clockworkmod recovery
    kumar abhishek for the twrp recovery port.
    www.moulnisky.com

Don't forget to hit that thank button.
    I just found out the simplest method to root the Micromax A116 Canvas HD.
    This method is not yet popular among many Canvas HD users. But this one works without the need for any custom recovery. So you don't have to go through those complex procedures trying to install usb drivers for your device or removing the battery and connecting the usb. I tested this method and it works flawlessly.

Here is the link to the site that provided it.

(add http here)droidchina.com/forum/Thread-Rooting-MT6589-HDC-Galaxy-Android

(I can't post outside links because I'm new)

how to unroot it back
    Re: Micromax Canvas HD A116 [Rooting without a Custom Recovery + Installing Recovery]

I just installed Clockworkmod.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2290174

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app

guys need and conformation from you all....before rooting and installing CWM, i mean to say when u first baut the fone......did you got the access to recovery? I have an peculier prob from the 1st day.....i could enter recovery but could not select any options.just below the recovery i a picture of a green bot is placed with keybord sign and above that bot there is a exclamation mark in a triangle. Please suggest.

No. I see what you are talking about. The stock recovery will not work in Canvas HD. Everyone has that problem.

what if i dont install custom recovery after rooting. is this necessary to install cwm and what it actually does.
    i am new to this android rooting thing. but i want to swap storage of my canvas hd to play hd games... please help me.

It's not necessary. You should install it only if you love to flash custom ROMs (Customized Android versions) to your phone. You can flash unofficial android versions to your phone with it. It also allows you to make a backup of your stock ROM which you can't with the stock recovery. You should always make a backup of your stock android to make sure you can always reset your phone back to normal whenever something bad happens (that is if you brick your phone trying to install a ROM).

If you only looking for swapping the memory cards, root is more than enough. Look at this Guide for instructions.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1991583
    Thanks i appreciate your help.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app
    Stuck in stock recovery

Problem i have is the stock recovery sucks i cant enter any option by pressing both keys right context menu + back key simultaneously
    nothing happens and the method from cursed4eva works for me does any one know how to select the highlighted option in stock recovery ? because i am stuck :confused: