Nexus 5 lags?

Search This thread

Puneet.Maan

Jan 24, 2014
Today I was shuffling through widgets and unfortunately I found this major lag, long enough for me to take a screen shot. What's wrong with this thing.. :(:(:(
I'm on un-rooted stock Android 4.4.2

Nexus 5 - My Beloved Beast

Attachments

• 1390592719666.jpg
    1390592719666.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 339

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Has occurred many times, what's wrong? And btw that's my wallpaper :D maybe that was my first selfy

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

On a serious note. Do a factory reset and see if that fixes it. Nothing else for you to really do on an unrooted stock phone. Some errant app(s) perhaps running in the background

Sent from The Deathstar

Puneet.Maan

Jan 24, 2014
Are any of you facing this problem, or you just haven't noticed it? Go through your widgets quickly and swipe constantly and let me know

Puneet.Maan

Jan 24, 2014
I just want to cover my 1year warranty, and I'll try rooting after that.

Did you see that video (lol for quality)?

charesa39

Aug 19, 2013
Orange County, CA
Mine lags like that as well in the widgets menu. Never really bothers me though since that's really the only time my phone ever lags. It could also possibly be the fact that I have like 15 pages of widgets. A couple of my apps come with like 6 widgets each. Who the heck needs that many widget options? Especially since you can change the size to anything you want now. It's kind of annoying. I wish there were a way to disable widgets for an individual app because I really only use 4 widgets max on my homescreen. Oh well. I never really go into the widgets menu that often anyways.

I'm stock rooted BTW.

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well, two things come to mind.

- I haven't used the drawer to access widgets in years. I long press on the homescreen and tap widgets and get that nice, speedy, scrollable list.

- You can, in fact, disable whichever widgets you like through the use of an autostarts app.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is this the only time that it allegedly lags? Is it that big of a deal? Any other instances? Do you take lots of selfies? Why is your face your background?