Huawei Honor 3X G750-T00 8 core

Search This thread
Hi, I just want share some pictures, from taobao agent, it should be a Honor 3x for 300 USD. I hope it will be not some fake, the original "only on vmall,com" was really limited sale on 8.1. and 15.1. (not even my chinese agent managed to catch one, I must use the taobao page :)
Soon, I will see, what 8 core Mediatek is about....
Edit........Here is some pics take by Honor 3x
imgur.com/a/MPOJC#2

Attachments

• CIMG6609.JPG
    CIMG6609.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 7,655
  • CIMG6610.JPG
    CIMG6610.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 7,238
  • CIMG6611.JPG
    CIMG6611.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 6,706
  • CIMG6605.JPG
    CIMG6605.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 7,014
Last edited:

abendroidx

Jan 11, 2011
Makati/Doha
thanks for the info kindly feedback your experience when you got hold of one, this also caught my attention and looking forward to having one

hoping that this will have its own forum here in xda and have active development

Gassi2106

Feb 18, 2013
For your notice, I´ve read root is possible with Framaroot. I´ll buy a Honor 3X next month. :good: ;)

olio99

Jul 9, 2012
I have ordered one and will be lookig to root / install gapps when it arrives.

I'm already looking for ways to do that.

Reactions: ippocampos

biobio76

Feb 19, 2013
Hello Everybody,

I bought the honor 3x G750-T00 a couple of days ago, and I'm waiting to received this nice device thanks to a frined that will travel back from china to europe on March 27th.....

I started already to download the very last available stock rom from huawei site......analyse it and started already to "play" with the stock rom...
as soon as I get the phone I will work on it to create a custom.zip rom to be flashed via CWM recovery....

Question to friends who have already the device on hands: have you done alredy, or tried to perform the DUMP of your mounted stock rom? I would like to know if you have used MTK DROID TOOL v2.5.3 and if it's working fine the dump....

please let me know. Thanks

Reactions: Fuktorius

olio99

Jul 9, 2012
Hello Everybody,

I bought the honor 3x G750-T00 a couple of days ago, and I'm waiting to received this nice device thanks to a frined that will travel back from china to europe on March 27th.....

I started already to download the very last available stock rom from huawei site......analyse it and started already to "play" with the stock rom...
as soon as I get the phone I will work on it to create a custom.zip rom to be flashed via CWM recovery....

Question to friends who have already the device on hands: have you done alredy, or tried to perform the DUMP of your mounted stock rom? I would like to know if you have used MTK DROID TOOL v2.5.3 and if it's working fine the dump....

please let me know. Thanks

I should take delivery of a G750 next week, so will be keeping an eye on rooting / Gapps install etc .

If you need any info I can provide, I'll let you know when I get the phone.

olio99

Jul 9, 2012
Have you got one?

How did you root?

Did you install Gapps?

Do you use the stock Emotion ROM or have you installed MIUI?

Thanks

Reactions: bilginhalil

biobio76

Feb 19, 2013
ok great, thanks.

the very first thing I suggest you to do is to make a full DUMP copy of your stock rom prior to start "play" with the phone, root it or
install any gapps

since this nice device has CPU MTK 6592, should be possible to use the great MTK DROID TOOL v.2.5.3 to try to
see wich firmware the stock rom has installed, to backup your IMEI, and in case to try root the phone directly with this program....

see the link to download the MTK DROID TOOL by the greater RUA1: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160490

Will be very interesting for me to see the screenshot the program provide when you plug in the phone...as well as how the BLOCKS of
the phone looks like.....this is needed to start any customs rom activities :)

anyway, I am waiting for the phone as well....so soon I will get mine :)

I should take delivery of a G750 next week, so will be keeping an eye on rooting / Gapps install etc .

If you need any info I can provide, I'll let you know when I get the phone.

Reactions: vzh

vzh

Nov 15, 2012
Tomorrow i will receibe my honor 3X. I will backup my stockrom via mtkdroid tools and then start to play with it.
But im thinking about waiting, because i want to try the OTA updates. And if i change to a cwm recovery it will be impossible.
So i will stay on a low profile for the first couple weeks with my stock and gapps and then start to play.

biobio76

Feb 19, 2013
sure..understand what you mean and I am quite agree with you...

I did not receive yet my phone ( still around 10 days.. ) but I have already downloaded the very last update stock rom for our honor 3x,
started to analise how is done, and started to "play" with that......this is something I can do even without the phone ha ha ha :)

kindly, as soon as you have the phone on hands and you plug it into MTK DROID TOOL, be so kind to share screenshot of the
BLOCKMAP and scatter file you get from MTK DROID TOOL...I think i understood already how is the repartition of the blocks..but I would
like to see what MTK DROID TOOL will show on screen...

ALSO, do me a big favour, I know how to modify and create DEDICATED EBR1 and EBR2 to change the repartition of the internal memory of the phone....meaning I can extend the internal memory assigning more "space" for future app installations....from stock rom I already extract EBR1, EBR2 and MBR...but I need you run this command for ADB SHELL or from terminal emulater app installed on the phone ( both ways required root first unfortunately...maybe the root is something you can do :)

command to be launched are two...

SU ( to call the supersu rooting access )
CAT /PROC/EMMC ( to get the list below.. )

see the results:

C:\Users\yourname>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

root@android:/ # su (simply digit SU as shown here )
su
root@android:/ # cat /proc/emmc (simply digit cat(SPACE)/proc/emmc as shown here )
cat /proc/emmc
partno: start_sect nr_sects partition_name
emmc_p1: 00000020 00000002 "ebr1"
emmc_p2: 0000ac40 00002800 "sec_ro"
emmc_p3: 00010740 0018c000 "android"
emmc_p4: 0019cf40 00100000 "cache"
emmc_p5: 0029d740 00200000 "usrdata"
emmc_p6: 0049df40 0029e9c0 "fat"
root@android:/ #

this will revert back as you can see this list with emmc p numbers sequence and it's what i need to correctly modify EBR1&2

thanks, cheers

Tomorrow i will receibe my honor 3X. I will backup my stockrom via mtkdroid tools and then start to play with it.
But im thinking about waiting, because i want to try the OTA updates. And if i change to a cwm recovery it will be impossible.
So i will stay on a low profile for the first couple weeks with my stock and gapps and then start to play.

Reactions: vzh

vzh

Nov 15, 2012
sure..understand what you mean and I am quite agree with you...

I did not receive yet my phone ( still around 10 days.. ) but I have already downloaded the very last update stock rom for our honor 3x,
started to analise how is done, and started to "play" with that......this is something I can do even without the phone ha ha ha :)

kindly, as soon as you have the phone on hands and you plug it into MTK DROID TOOL, be so kind to share screenshot of the
BLOCKMAP and scatter file you get from MTK DROID TOOL...I think i understood already how is the repartition of the blocks..but I would
like to see what MTK DROID TOOL will show on screen...

ALSO, do me a big favour, I know how to modify and create DEDICATED EBR1 and EBR2 to change the repartition of the internal memory of the phone....meaning I can extend the internal memory assigning more "space" for future app installations....from stock rom I already extract EBR1, EBR2 and MBR...but I need you run this command for ADB SHELL or from terminal emulater app installed on the phone ( both ways required root first unfortunately...maybe the root is something you can do :)

command to be launched are two...

SU ( to call the supersu rooting access )
CAT /PROC/EMMC ( to get the list below.. )

see the results:

C:\Users\yourname>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

root@android:/ # su (simply digit SU as shown here )
su
root@android:/ # cat /proc/emmc (simply digit cat(SPACE)/proc/emmc as shown here )
cat /proc/emmc
partno: start_sect nr_sects partition_name
emmc_p1: 00000020 00000002 "ebr1"
emmc_p2: 0000ac40 00002800 "sec_ro"
emmc_p3: 00010740 0018c000 "android"
emmc_p4: 0019cf40 00100000 "cache"
emmc_p5: 0029d740 00200000 "usrdata"
emmc_p6: 0049df40 0029e9c0 "fat"
root@android:/ #

this will revert back as you can see this list with emmc p numbers sequence and it's what i need to correctly modify EBR1&2

thanks, cheers

Of course biobio76 as soon as i receibe i will do this.
Another developer from my native forum asked for cat/proc/emmc list so this two things would be my first steps on it.

I suppouse mt6589 and mt6577 drivers would work for mt6592 isnt it?
Thanks for your fast answer, im very proud of helping you.

Last edited:
Reactions: biobio76

biobio76

Feb 19, 2013
Mtk Droid tool version 2.5.3 is supporting the 6592,
Use this version only for honor

If you talk about ADB drivers, yes, if you have already installed
Drivers on your pc and you have connected previous phones like
6589, your pc should see the honor without any issue, at least theoretically

Thanks

olio99

Jul 9, 2012
Mine is on the way, sent Monday from HK.

Is there already an OTA?

Vzh, please let us know your impressions / installs when you get it

cletusrd

Jan 20, 2013
Huawei 3x g750

So you are the first user on this 3d to post live experience...
Can you do the test I asked above on post #16?

HI ME TOO JUST GOT MY PHONE FROM CHINA ITS COME WITH STOCK ROM NO GOOGLE PLAY, ITS HAS A SYSTEM UPDATE AVAILABLE G750-T00 V100R001CHNC00B120 Emotion UI2.0

should i update
how do i load gapps on this phone
Help please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Full KitKat version flashable via SP FLASH TOOL

Full KitKat version flashable via SP FLASH TOOL

AS PROMISED HERE YOU GO WITH HOW TO DO IT:

1) first and mandatory to do with MTK DROID TOOL make a backup of your NVRAM ( IMEI basically ). phone must be rooted to do this operation.....you will get one folder called BackupNVRAM where MTK DROID TOOL basically saved 2 files as backup...those 2 files will look similar to the below two files I put as example:

G750_358576010039565_nvram_140530-161702.bin
    G750_358576010039565_nvram_140530-161702.tar

Once you have the NVRAM fully backed up ( as said those two files ), you are quite safe and you can proceed with further steps

2)download the KITKAT original 4.7.16 stock rom I put in clear and prepared for you:

G750-T00_4.7.16_SPFT.rar ( tot 921.9 MB )
    https://mega.co.nz/#!Nwpziara!9y1VitCix5Vx_6zwPtGpB6mTxlpHEAxIqUODCz4dl-s

The RECOVERY.IMG included in this package is the ORIGINAL STOCK RECOVERY......I left the original stock recovery in the package to provide you an original package as Huawei released.
    Now, once exctraced the zip file into a folder on your desktop, REPLACE the original RECOVERY.IMG with the CWM 5.5.0.4 RUA1 recovery (here the download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!d4ImySia!USsY-8jeiYaUHdqr-mlLLgjHlk8ObvEbQadStrQLgLI ) , of course the CWM Recovery must be named as well recovery.img to be recognized by the scatter file....

3) load the WHOLE rom on SP FLASH TOOL, (use SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1409.03 as tested working version for the flash)

.....turn off the phone.....SELECT FORMAT ALL + DOWNLOAD on SP FLASH TOOL

you will have this in the end:

flashkitkat.jpg

press DOWNLOAD button, and then ( only then ) plug in your phone (phone must be switched off and with battery )...of course VCOM drivers must be installed already

TO HELP YOU ON VCOM installation : mypost #345 ( http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52201869&postcount=345 )

4) now be patient, first SPFT will FORMAT ALL BLOCKS, then will flash the phone, in total will need around 8/10 minutes
    once flash completed successfully and you have the "OK" ....unplug the phone and you can turn it on...first boot will take a while....you will see the phone will boot as it was just released from the factory asking to chose language and basic initial parameter to set up the phone to working, but this time with kitkat running :)

5) 99% you will not have anymore your IMEI on the phone, but you have done NVRAM backup so there will be no problem, tested by me guys be quite :)

6) on the phone go to settings and activate the "usb debugging"
    to enable the DEVELOPER OPTION ( where inside there is the flag to activate the debugging mode ) go to about the phone and tab continuesly and fast on SERIES NUMBER ( EMUI2.3_GT750-T00_4.7.16 )

you will see a countdown will start while you're tapping saying in the end you are a developer.....then going back and you can finally see developer option into the settings and find out debugging mode, and activate it

another important thing you must activate is the settings/security/Unknown source
    activate it flagging the option, this will allow you to install apks from sdcard.

7) now, having the CWM RECOVERY INSTALLED, swicth off the phone. and reboot the phone into CWM recovery by pressing ( AND KEEPING PRESSED ) volume up + volume down + power button.....basically all phisical buttons of our honor

8) phone will boot into RUA1 recovery mode....chose install zip file and flash the script to get root access ( script that you already have downloaded and put on your phone external sdcard, or internal sdcard makes no difference) last download of this great script can be found at this link: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

9) reboot the phone and you will see SUPERSU installed, tap on it to get confirmation is working as should be....

10) remove immutable list ( my previous post #152 ) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51331587&postcount=152

1) have your phone ROOTED

2 + 3 )
    INTSTALL BUSYBOX AND TERMINAL EMULATOR by downloading those two apks from this post, find it attached as Busybox_Terminal.zip

you don't have still the PLAYSTORE installed at this point... that's why I gave you both apks to be copied manually on sdcard and install them manually just pressing on it and confirm,.....both apks anyway can be downloaded also with other application like aptoide for exampe

BUSYBOX from PLAYSTORE ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....busybox&hl=it )

terminal emulator from PLAYSTORE ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roidterm&hl=it )
    or if you have ADB SHELL installed on your PC you can avoid to install terminal emulator and perform the point 4 by ADB SHELL

4)open HyperTerminal / ADB SHELL

5)digit "su" ( without " " ) to get permission - enter

6)digit "mount -o rw,remount /system" ( without " " ) - enter

7)digit "cd system" ( without " " ) - enter

8)digit "lsattr" ( without " " ) - enter

PS: you will see here a list of files and also you will see the F R E E K I N G "set_immutable.list"

9)digit "chattr -R -i *" ( without " " ) – enter ( can be that command is not functioning on KITKAT but it's not an issue, try it and in case move to the next command 10

10)digit "rm –f /system/set_immutable.list" ( without " " ) - enter
    this will remove the immutable.list

last)digit "lsattr" ( without " " ) - enter

now the set_immutable.list should be gone....

11) connect the phone to MTK DROID TOOL, press ROOT button and the option to use the already SU binary file to get root-shell will be proposed you...accept and confirm, and you will get MTK DROID TOOL into GREEN root shell

12) then RESTORE your NVRAM with MTK DROID TOOL, restore those two files basically you have backed up prior to flash the kitkat rom:

mtk droid will search for first
    G750_358576010039565_nvram_140530-161702.bin
    then will serach for
    G750_358576010039565_nvram_140530-161702.tar

once restore process is complete, you will see your IMEI coming back on the mtk droid screen and if you have a data sim into the phone you will get immediatly back the line...

in case the IMEI is not appearing, don't you worry, just reboot the phone and you will see phone gets the line once boot process is complete....

13 ) Google GAPPS for kitkat ( by me )

finally here is the time to install the gapps and have the basic stuff syncronized ( calendar and contacts )

as explained already in some other posts, we are running out of space on system rom, kitkat it's bigger then JB ...so the gapps I prepared are basically flashing the basic files to allow syncronization....all the rest of ( personal opinion ) unnecessary application will not be installed with this package, at least not installed in the system rom where there is no space.
    you will definitely decide what to install by simply download what you need from play store / aptoide etc by yourself

Gapps_KitKat_4.4.2_softpackage.zip 51.0 MB
    https://mega.co.nz/#!F9QhHYRS!ZfP5w9SdbWUcyptA8_hlfPReeK0gWxQsnC95ASmMRrY

the package I created is to flash gapps on a fresh clean 4.7.16 kitkat installation!!!

into the package , on top of mandatory apks that will be installed on system/app and on priv-app I included some other apks that I think can help you...will be installed into the DATA partition, meaning you can uninstall it without root permission and simply tapping on apk and move to the trash....
    here what I put inside:

google play store
    google street viewer
    rootexplorer 3.1.9 - last release :)
    sound apk control
    google voice for the map navigator
    google play service ( moved from system rom to data ) optimizing space
    some others...

NOW THE CALL ID IS WORKING AND YOU WILL SEE WHO IS CALLING YOU IF NUMBER IS ON YOUR CONTACT LIST - ISSUE SOLVED

If you follow exactly what I posted, you will get a full working kitkat rom, rooted, gapps installed and optimized....
    LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I'm not responsible for any damage you can get on your phone due to any incorrect flash or operation you do without knowing what you are doing....DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK

hope this will help a lot of peaople, the real scope for me to be here
    cheers, ciao!

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

with the new kitkat rom you have by default just few themes installed and active.

here is a collection of THEMES i basically put together including the iOS7 theme and the MIUIV5 theme.

HWThemes.zip ( total 205.2 MB )
    https://mega.co.nz/#!48RjyK7L!pRaU3vX-HlYiH07dACJuKKDYNqxztHmvZEydshE3B9A

download this package, exctract the zip and copy the themes ( with rootexplorer or similar apk ) into your internal SDCARD,
    here where to copy those themes:

sdcard0/HWThemes/ copy here

you will see when you open then the themes apk all themes will be loaded and you can chose one ot those being now locally for you

cheers
    FIRMWARE EXTRACTOR By BIOBIO

Hi All,

I'm happy to upload today a Huawei Honor 3X firmware extractor script and compiled by myself that I hope will facilitate everybody's life in extracting our phone firmware(s) and directly convert the exctracted files to the necessary format to be flashed through SP FLASH TOOL.

As a lot of you knows already, there are already on the web a couple of absolutely valid exctractor, mainly created for Huawei phones in general....what I upload today is a tool designed for Honor 3X G750 series, in particular it's removing and renaming automatically the file as needed by SP FLASH TOOL, so it's simplifying the whole process and it's quite fast as well...

please find attached at this post

in the package there is a README file where I explained how to use it and put additional comments,
    it's very easy and in the end what you need is just presse ENTER 6 times when prompted by the program/apprearing on screen

I would be thankfully if someone of you guys give it a try and let me know the outcome and your feedback.

Thanks, cheers and enjoy!
    By Biobio

**************************NEW RELEASE November 2015****************************************************

The UPDATE EXTRACTOR is divided into TWO extractors:

- BIOBIO_EXTRACTOR_UPDATE_U10_Conversion_T00 : it's maily addressed to all users who received the Honor 3X with installed a U10 firmware series and want to UPGRADE the U10 original firmware to a younger release date firmware ( example move from U10-B113 to U10-B117 or U10-B119 )
    Same users can also decide to enjoy the T00 series firmware which include EMUI 3.0 and KitKat 4.4.2, so this tool is for convert the U10 firmware to a fresh and clean T00 firmware
    ( Example move from U10-B117 to T00-B256SP01 or further T00 firmware release)

download link which include also the SP FLASH TOOL version to be used: BIOBIO_EXTRACTOR_UPDATE_U10_Conversion_T00.zip ( TOT 29 MB )
    https://mega.nz/#!ZpZ0EDwT!7bLOIdgAEX2qRgSQ01JrgOd724_NBJ-yRS4WbPfHmgY

- BIOBIO_EXTRACTOR_UPDATE_November2015 : it's addressed to all users that have already T00 / T20 / T10 firmware running and want to upgrade the firmware to a different series.
    The UPDATE.APP file you will extract with this extractor will be already from a T00 /T20/T10 series ( NOT coming from U10 series )
    MOD G750-T00_B256Gapps

MOD G750-T00_B256Gapps (For TWRP or CWM recovery)

Shell Root (SuperSU_2.16 + patched boot.img)
    Replaced Lk - (sees the memory card in TWRP)
    Improved the build.prop
    substitution EngineerMode.apk - entrance to the engineering menu via the Engineer Mode MTK
    installed: Play Market( broken)Gapps
    installed:: TitaniumBackup + rootexplorer + Engineer Mode MTK + USB Mass Storage+CpuSpy+Battery Calibration+calendar
    cleaned the whole of China
    Fixed hosts -no advertising

How to set: Wipe system WipeCache, Wipe Dalvik Cache, Wipe Data - To install 2 times in a row! (After the first not start) without leaving recovery necessarily WipeCache, Wipe Dalvik Cache
    when you first start a Google Account does not enter - After starting the system to go to the Play Market account and update GAPPS

G750-T00_B256_stock_gapps_FlashTool +TWRP 2.8.0.1 ( remade 20.12.14)
    Shell Root (SuperSU_2.16 + patched boot.img)
    Replaced Lk - (sees the memory card in TWRP)
    Improved the build.prop
    substitution EngineerMode.apk - entrance to the engineering menu via the Engineer Mode MTK
    installed: Play Market( broken)Gapps
    installed:: TitaniumBackup + rootexplorer + Engineer Mode MTK + USB Mass Storage+CpuSpy+Battery Calibration+calendar
    cleaned the whole of China
    Fixed hosts -no advertising
    TWRP 2.8.1.0 For Honor 3X G750-T00/U10

TWRP 2.8.1.0 ported & customized for 3X, should be suitable for all G750-* variants with MT6592.
    This port is based on yuweng Easy Magic TWRP Installer, do visit his thread and press the [Thanks] button.

Please note that the version i am providing here now might not have a proper SELinux support, as old kernel is being used.
    I will provide another one with proper SELinux support once the remaining patches are done, need more time for this.
    This is an early port, don't expect it to be perfect, @pavel22 tested, seems ok, but if you find any bug please report here.

You can also use Build.prop Changer that i shared on 3C thread. (You may ignore the 3C label)

NOTE: Please DO NOT hotlink or mirror these files. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Ultimate ADB USB VCOM MediaTek Driver Pack

For those who still have problems with drivers, maybe this will help.
    This pack contains pretty much every known MTK MediaTek USB ADB VCOM driver.
    For flashing CWM, flashing ROMs, rooting China clones / China phones
    Direct download link
    Good luck!