[Q] Is my Nexus 5 damaged?

Search This thread

KrishXDA

Mar 8, 2014
So, firstly I'd like to explain a bit about my device.

It's currently Rooted, has CWM installed and it's on Cataclysm Rom.

When in recovery mode, it usually takes longer than it used to when clearing the cache. It takes 4 mins???
When in recovery I install roms for this device, they usually don't work. I wipe data/cache. and install the .zip.
It boots, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it loops.
Then when restoring the backup I had made. I boot into recovery mode, and go in restore backup it says. E: Cannot mount Storage.

I leave the Nexus for a day whilst switched off, then go into recovery it mounts storage... Sometimes it doesn't detect it, sometimes it doesn't.

So my question is, is my phone damaged in any way?.

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
So, firstly I'd like to explain a bit about my device.

It's currently Rooted, has CWM installed and it's on Cataclysm Rom.

When in recovery mode, it usually takes longer than it used to when clearing the cache. It takes 4 mins???
When in recovery I install roms for this device, they usually don't work. I wipe data/cache. and install the .zip.
It boots, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it loops.
Then when restoring the backup I had made. I boot into recovery mode, and go in restore backup it says. E: Cannot mount Storage.

I leave the Nexus for a day whilst switched off, then go into recovery it mounts storage... Sometimes it doesn't detect it, sometimes it doesn't.

So my question is, is my phone damaged in any way?.

Nopes it is not damaged
Just reflash the latest zip recovery of recovery and try again :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

WoodburyMan

Jun 7, 2011
Connecticut
Maybe your partitions are screwed up somehow. If you keep having issues, grab all your stuff off your internal SD and back it up one of the times it does boot, then use the factory image from Google to flash back to 100% stock. Factory reset in stock, then redo everything from scratch and try using TWRP. A hint to, in TWRP in settings check "Use rm -f instead of format". Tends to give me less issues.