increase the internal memory on the 4.4 rom

Search This thread

sharingan

May 30, 2013
How do i increase the internal memory on the 4.4 rom? Thanks a lot in advance

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

two easiest ways
1 uninstall unwanted system apps
2 use scripts like cronmod after creating ext partition { if it works as i haven't tried it yet }

D

Deleted member 5617821

How do i increase the internal memory on the 4.4 rom? Thanks a lot in advance

Try CronMod Script. All you need is a rooted phone, rom with init.d support and an ext partition on the sdcard (max 1GB). Make sure to download the CronMod Int2Ext+ as it works on all roms. Here is the link,

CronMod-INT2EXT

Hope I Helped :)

D

Deleted member 5617821

Thank you so much, but which of these should I download? And how is it used? Should I just flash it?

Go to the site I provided in the previous post and download CronMod INT2EXT+. Now take a backup of your sdcard and boot into CWM Recovery Mode. Now its time to make the ext partition. Select "Advanced> Partition SD" and choose the ext partition size( remember maximum size should be 1GB= 1024 MB) and finally choose the swap size as "0MB". Once the partition is made, it will display the text "Partitioning Done..". Now put back all the data to sdcard including the CronMod INT2EXT+ file that you have downloaded. Reboot to CWM, select "Mount and Storage> Mount /system", select "Install zip from sdcard" and choose the CronMod file from the sdcard. This will flash the CronMod script. Finally, select "Mount & Storage> Format sd-ext". Once all is done, just reboot and you are good to go. Now go to Settings> Storage and you can see the newly increased internal memory. Hope I Helped :)