Tempered Glass Questions

Search This thread

Stanlehh

Apr 28, 2011
First things first is this legit? or some cheap knockoff of the real stuff!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-Rea...l_Phone_Screen_Protectors&hash=item5d48cb0407

second question when the glass is applied can it be ever taken off?

Sorry for the newb questions this is my first time applying a screen protector

these are probably generic unbranded tempered glass protector. I bought a similar one from China during my most recent trip. Works just as intended and it's cheaper than branded ones.

If you ever decide to stop using it, you can just use your fingernail and lift it like any other normal film screen protector.

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
I'm also looking into these.I never had a glass protector but I feel $30-40 is a bit too much for my blood. maybe I should try these. and If I like the feel, later on invest on a better quality one.

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
I'm also looking into these.I never had a glass protector but I feel $30-40 is a bit too much for my blood. maybe I should try these. and If I like the feel, later on invest on a better quality one.

Ordered one yesterday its shipping from the USA so must be fast because US to US ill let you know how it goes

shadowdevil

Apr 24, 2012
Guys go with slim ones because i ordered Nilkin and it forms spider webs even i applied with so much care :(

jeffsf

Mar 7, 2011
San Francisco
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2521959

Nillkin LG Nexus 5 Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector

The Nillkin ones are only $10-12 through several vendors and people seem to be having good luck, in general.

Anker has a good name so far, so I suspect they have decent product a well

Posted from my SGS4G, thanks to Team Acid development

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
I ended up ordering one. So far it feels so smooth but I got tons of spider webs. Did you try yet?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Maybe that's why they are cheap. :p

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
I ended up ordering one. So far it feels so smooth but I got tons of spider webs. Did you try yet?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Maybe that's why they are cheap. :p

Got one and yes indeed its pretty smooth I had no spider webs for the first 3 days I even almost forgot I had it on until I saw this thread again
But yes indeed got 3 small spider webs near the bottom. Pressing them and reapplying won't make em go away but who cares long as its not on the screen I'm fine with that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
yea, the screen part if fine but it's annoying to see the webs. :p... I'll keep it on until it gets worse I guess? :confused:

the one on the right looks to be getting smaller. :) maybe i'll send ebay seller a message. give me my money back! :)

Last edited:

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
I also have spiderwebs
ny8eqapy.jpg

y2u3a9u5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanlehh

Apr 28, 2011
yea, the screen part if fine but it's annoying to see the webs. :p... I'll keep it on until it gets worse I guess? :confused:

the one on the right looks to be getting smaller. :) maybe i'll send ebay seller a message. give me my money back! :)

use binder clip and microfibre cloth, clamp on it and apply pressure, it'll be gone in an hour or two, it worked for me. Am a happy user right now.

Note that this is my second tempered glass protector and both of them surprisingly have the same spiderweb spot as per the one you have on the right which is the bigger one, someone said it's due to the nature of the glass not being perfectly even.

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
use binder clip and microfibre cloth, clamp on it and apply pressure, it'll be gone in an hour or two, it worked for me. Am a happy user right now.

Note that this is my second tempered glass protector and both of them surprisingly have the same spiderweb spot as per the one you have on the right which is the bigger one, someone said it's due to the nature of the glass not being perfectly even.

i'm afraid to try that. My first glass protector and afraid if it will indeed break with all that pressure I put on it. even break the actual glass .. but here goes.. :)

Last edited:

Stanlehh

Apr 28, 2011
i'm afraid to try that. My first glass protector and afraid if it will indeed break with all that pressure I put on it. even break the actual glass .. but here goes.. :)

note that i broke my first one while trying to exert alot of pressure using my sd card reading with a small surface area.

It was then when I reapplied a second one and realized hey! why is there a similar spider web in the EXACT same spot! Then i read that using a binder clip with microfibre cloth worked for others. They did mention that it will work on protectors freshly applied, those with spiderwebs left there for a longer period of time might need to use the binder clip for a longer time or it might not work for them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For me the best one is a "spigen Nexus 5 Screen Protector GLAS.tR NANO SLIM"
    Maybe someone show better one or from sapphire ?

yea, but this was my 1st glass protector. I didn't want ot spend that much money on one. but now that I like the feel, i might get a better one later.. another reason why didn't want to drop $35-40 is because this was my 1st time installing one.. wanted to see how easy or not it was. maybe I'll get one for my wife s4.. to get more experience with installing them..