[Q] To all who willing to help, about rooting galaxy s4, tq

Search This thread
Nov 19, 2012
Hi, 1st of all, i really really did search the whole forum, but still, can't find my answer.
So, i decide to ask....
I currently recieved a galaxy s4 as a gift.
But i find out that it doesn't have any google items: google play, google search etc.....
Due to last time I have flash galaxy note for custom rom with no google item in it before, so i think i can use the same solution to it.
But unfortunately, this couldn't solve the problem.
Google Play did install, but force close every time i start it, even with clear data or clear cache (from setting > app manager).
Then I tought that could be the firmware problem, as it is showing that there is an update ready to be install, thus I pressed install.
But still, nothings working.
Then I go check wherether the s4 is really an s4 or just a knock off.
With the data below:

Device name: Galaxy S4 (can be change)
Model number: GT-I9500
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: I9500ZCUGND1
Kernel version: 3.4.5-913788 dpi@SWDD5817#1 Mon Mar 31 18:54:48 KST 2014
Build number: KOT49H.I9500ZCUGND1
SE for Android status: Enforcing SEPF_GT-I9500_4.4.2_0011 Mon Mar 31 19:09:37 2014

I found out at samfirmware.com that this is a real galaxy s4, but is for the china market.
I saw some post saying that you can reflash other country stock rom so that google play can be use.
But what i saw for rooting tutorial is for jellybean(4.2) not kitkat(4.4.2)
So now, at here, i wish that some one can help out to solve the problem I'm facing.
Main thing, to get the Google Play shop to work.
An Android without Google Play store looks kind of wired.
Many thanks for reading my post and greatful thanks for helping me, thank you.:angel:

it.ysh

Nov 20, 2013
new delhi
ask

Hi, 1st of all, i really really did search the whole forum, but still, can't find my answer.
So, i decide to ask....
But i find out that it doesn't have any google items: google play, google search etc.....
Due to last time I have flash galaxy note for custom rom with no google item in it before, so i think i can use the same solution to it.
Google Play did install, but force close every time i start it, even with clear data or clear cache (from setting > app manager).
Then I tought that could be the firmware problem, as it is showing that there is an update ready to be install, thus I pressed install.
With the data below:

SE for Android status: Enforcing SEPF_GT-I9500_4.4.2_0011 Mon Mar 31 19:09:37 2014

I found out at samfirmware.com that this is a real galaxy s4, but is for the china market.
I saw some post saying that you can reflash other country stock rom so that google play can be use.
So now, at here, i wish that some one can help out to solve the problem I'm facing.
Many thanks for reading my post and greatful thanks for helping me, thank you.:angel:
so first of all download 4.4 kitkat for india..from samfirmware as usual if you dont find instruction them message me i will guide you!

Reactions: NooBDroidPlayer
So, i decide to ask....
With the data below:

Flash this:

Download:
http://dl.sammobile.com/PVFcQ1kpNz0...lNBXkVBUA../I9500ZCUGND1_I9500CHNGND1_CHN.zip

Model: GT-I9500
Model name: GALAXY S4
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 913788
Build date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:00:17 +0000
Product Code: CHN
PDA: I9500ZCUGND1
CSC: I9500CHNGND1
MODEM: I9500ZCUGND1

Instructions:
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin v3.09
- Extract Odin zip-file
- Open Odin v3.09
- Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

Nov 19, 2012
Flash this:

Download:
http://dl.sammobile.com/PVFcQ1kpNz0...lNBXkVBUA../I9500ZCUGND1_I9500CHNGND1_CHN.zip

Instructions:
- Download Odin v3.09
- Extract Odin zip-file
- Open Odin v3.09
- Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)

do I have to root before I do the above step you were saying?
my s4 haven't been root at all since I received it, I just only done an OTA update,
and is in baseband I9500ZCUGND1 now
main thing I need is to get Google Play to be install and usable on this phone since it is now bundle with it at the 1st place.
curious why china have to detach Google Play for their phones?

How to.

my s4 haven't been root at all since I received it, I just only done an OTA update,
main thing I need is to get Google Play to be install and usable on this phone since it is now bundle with it at the 1st place.

The following wil trip knox to 0x1

Install TWRP recovery:
1. download latest tar here: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/i9500

2. Power off your phone.

3. Boot into download mode.

4. Connect your phone to your PC, you may have to install samsung drivers from here: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...NG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.33.0.exe

5. Downlod and Open Odin3 v3.09, download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!7MMWkCyB!8s9Pg9jebiXRjkv_0bGfvhT-3af6MQRnTE08hzjAG1M

6. Select the downloded tar in AB in Odin.

7. Deselect auto reboot in odin.

8. Click start, and wait for it to finish.

9. Remove the battery from your phone.

10. Put your battery back in and start your phone in recovery mode, howto: http://hintslibrary.blogspot.nl/2013/07/how-to-enter-into-recovery-mode-on.html

11. In TWRP go to backup and do a full backup.

12. Just to be safe: Copy the backup to your PC, backup is located /TWRP/BACKUPS/

If the above worked (The following wil remove everything from your phone so do a backup of impotant data):

11. Download a rom you want on your phone, i recommend: Omega v20 Kit Kat 4.4.2, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2232887/showthread.php?t=2232887

12. Put the downloaded rom on your micro sd card.

13. Reboot your phone into recovery as in step 10.

14. In TWRP recovery do to wipe and do advance wipe, select all except ext-sd and EFS.

15. In TWRP recovery select install, and select the rom you downloaded.

16. If the rom ask you to wipe you can select no.

17. When the install is complete reboot your phone, now continu with the setup, when complete you should have all the google goodies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ask

So, i decide to ask....
    With the data below:

so first of all download 4.4 kitkat for india..from samfirmware as usual if you dont find instruction them message me i will guide you!
    I'm already in 4.4.2, how do I install 4.4 jurist on to it?
    but you dont have indian rom first download that
    So, i decide to ask....
    With the data below:

Flash this:

Download:

Instructions:
    - Download Odin v3.09
    - Extract Odin zip-file
    - Open Odin v3.09
    How to.

The following wil trip knox to 0x1

Install TWRP recovery:
    1. download latest tar here: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/i9500

2. Power off your phone.

3. Boot into download mode.

4. Connect your phone to your PC, you may have to install samsung drivers from here: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...NG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.33.0.exe

5. Downlod and Open Odin3 v3.09, download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!7MMWkCyB!8s9Pg9jebiXRjkv_0bGfvhT-3af6MQRnTE08hzjAG1M

6. Select the downloded tar in AB in Odin.

7. Deselect auto reboot in odin.

8. Click start, and wait for it to finish.

9. Remove the battery from your phone.

10. Put your battery back in and start your phone in recovery mode, howto: http://hintslibrary.blogspot.nl/2013/07/how-to-enter-into-recovery-mode-on.html

11. In TWRP go to backup and do a full backup.

12. Just to be safe: Copy the backup to your PC, backup is located /TWRP/BACKUPS/

If the above worked (The following wil remove everything from your phone so do a backup of impotant data):

11. Download a rom you want on your phone, i recommend: Omega v20 Kit Kat 4.4.2, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2232887/showthread.php?t=2232887

12. Put the downloaded rom on your micro sd card.

13. Reboot your phone into recovery as in step 10.

14. In TWRP recovery do to wipe and do advance wipe, select all except ext-sd and EFS.

15. In TWRP recovery select install, and select the rom you downloaded.

16. If the rom ask you to wipe you can select no.

17. When the install is complete reboot your phone, now continu with the setup, when complete you should have all the google goodies.
    Gaaps

ok, I have downloaded the rom that you said, what next?
    just to inform, my s4 is not yet root at all
    :confused:
    then now download gaaps it will definately solve your problem..if this was helpful please press thanks