Brand New SGH-I537 Spontaneously Bricked After 6-10-2014 Update

Search This thread

ChristopherXDA

Apr 22, 2013
CT
I have a brand new S4 Active-aout 2 weeks old. Not rooted, only a few apps installed. Phone was working after update for a few hours anyway. Pulled it out of my pocket to make a call and it was dead. No screen, no sounds. I thought maybe the battery somehow drained out all of a sudden. I popped in a back up battery, still dead can't get any boot sounds or screen flashes.

Plugging into laptop, the phone is recognized as a QHSUSB_DLOAD but missing drivers. Downloading Kies now to see if that resolves it. ANyone have any similar issues or experiences with QHUSB?

Just wanted to post this as I had heard the last AT&T update, the NC9 which my phone had, was pulled because of issues...well maybe this one has issues too. I've had other S4 Actives that were rooted, but this was a brand new retail phone.

Last edited:

TheRealWreckIt

Sep 29, 2014
I have a brand new S4 Active-aout 2 weeks old. Not rooted, only a few apps installed. Phone was working after update for a few hours anyway. Pulled it out of my pocket to make a call and it was dead. No screen, no sounds. I thought maybe the battery somehow drained out all of a sudden. I popped in a back up battery, still dead can't get any boot sounds or screen flashes.

Plugging into laptop, the phone is recognized as a QHSUSB_DLOAD but missing drivers. Downloading Kies now to see if that resolves it. ANyone have any similar issues or experiences with QHUSB?

Just wanted to post this as I had heard the last AT&T update, the NC9 which my phone had, was pulled because of issues...well maybe this one has issues too. I've had other S4 Actives that were rooted, but this was a brand new retail phone.

Any luck on fixing this? My GT-I9295 just did the exact same thing today. Using it at lunch time, no problem. Chucked it in the top pocket of my overalls and went back to work. Grabbed it out again at afternoon tea and nothing. I've tried pulling the battery and waiting a minute, tried different key combinations and nothing. Plugged it into the computer and good old QHSUSB_DLOAD pops up, which led me to this post. I havent rooted the phone or anything, downloaded the update a month or two ago and its just done this

I did read on another forum that QHSUSB_DLOAD stands for Qualcomm High Speed USB Download, which basically equates to the phone being a fresh bit of silicon from the factory waiting to have all its software loaded onto it. Anyone else able to confirm this?