☼[ROM] Frankenstein's FIFO2 (FF02 ICS) (Deodexed)☼ 6/10/2012

Search This thread

Custodian

Feb 27, 2011
If you have the unlimited plan with sprint does it matter if you use the sprint hotspots without the hacked one?.... is it safe is what I'm asking

bigpeng

Jan 14, 2010
The U S of A!
Coing from V2.1 of this ROM, can I flash V3.2 from this ROM's recovery? No wipes n such?

Works, just don't do a wipe data via stock recovery, also have FE10 kernel on hand, you'll need to flash that right after the update script, if that's what your flashing (does same thing as flashing full 3.2 ROM but smaller file, much better imo)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

TheDudeAbides

Jul 9, 2011
Dodgertown
Works, just don't do a wipe data via stock recovery, also have FE10 kernel on hand, you'll need to flash that right after the update script, if that's what your flashing (does same thing as flashing full 3.2 ROM but smaller file, much better imo)

After flashing 3.2 via CWM, I have to flash FE10? Can I flash the FE10 .zip from CWM?

urrlyx

Dec 30, 2010
San Francisco
it's 3.2 after you update but build.prop isn't pushing correctly to show 3.2 in "about phone" but it is. I tested about 15 times for notification bug and it's gone.

I believe the new build.prop is being pushed correctly. However, the new one did not get updated to reflect 3.2. If you open up the update zip and edit build.prop, it still says 2.1.

TheDudeAbides

Jul 9, 2011
Dodgertown
Just did it, thanks! I'm loving this ROM! excellent battery life, it's great!

On 2.1 I wasn't getting text notifications nor keyboard sounds and I experienced LOS 3 times yesterday. I was trying to upload a photo from Dodger Stadium to Facebook and I have absolutely no 3G there so progress was slow uploading, right around the 20% mark it would go into LOS and the only way to restore was to restart. So, when I'm out of a service area I get LOS but it shouldnt stay on LOS, it should eventually start getting bars again right? Other than that, it's going good.

qubanaso

Jul 21, 2010
North Lauderdale
Hey Timz thanks for your hard work about to try this baby, any chance in the next release you can include nova launcher :D, idk about everyone else but i like the new update

ccline84

Jul 2, 2008
Amazingly fast ROM and after a few power cycles now amazing battery. Thank you! Just did the newest update after Mobile Odining EL26, I'm telling you, that app is the greatest thing ever!

EDIT: I know it's already been stated to be being worked on, but CRT this baby up and it will be my new favorite ROM. :)

FrameCityJackal

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus
Hey Timz thanks for your hard work about to try this baby, any chance in the next release you can include nova launcher :D, idk about everyone else but i like the new update

That was actually already removed, if you want nova right now you can dl from the store and use the app remover to get rid of apex.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

bigpeng

Jan 14, 2010
The U S of A!
Are people just downloading 2.1 update for 3.2? Not seeing update 3.2, other than the one Timz linked awhile ago.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2zojf49.png

6/10/2012 UPDATED to FF02 deodexed base ROM, working HOTSPOT,PRL updates working again,kobridge 3.4m tweaks built in (this guy is getting good :)). Now comes with CApps and NApps along with RApps.zip update packages. Caulkulins Camera and MMS. New "S Voice" patch *(comes as an update package now)* revised by Mijjah74 and ecooce, (removes old voicetalk and vlingo.apks and adds all support files),BEATS audio by Dre, new version includes Google Play with Beats theme, SGS3 sounds/ringtones... SGS3 shutdown ani, 1% battery mod tweaked, you can now remove % totally, much more, please read FIF02 change log... HUGE thanks to ecooce and Mijjah74 for rom and parts,and stormglove and others for help in the thread...

First, I nor any Team ERA member will take responsibility for any damage that may or may not follow after flashing this ROM or any ROM add-on's. We are here to help though, Enjoy!

Some of you may remember the Frankenstein ROM series from a team member named ecooce, well he wanted to share his side project of an FF02 ROM, Frankenstein's FIFO2...

This ROM is deodexed and based on FE22 with many many tweaks. Built with battery in mind, this ROM surely is not slow, and actually is snappy in every area. If any of you see a problem please post in this thread and I or a team member will be happy to help. Your probably wondering why you havnt seen ecooce around, well he is still banned, the reasons dont matter, just know he can see this thread and can provide help by relaying the info between team members.

So onto the goodies and what comes with the ROM. There will be the main ROM that can be ran as is, there will also be several update.zips that can be flashed in recovery (el26 for now to be safe, which needs to be odined,mobile odin is fine), Rapps (removed apps) and more will be available as requests come in. There may be more as requests are takin.
    Since this is a leak the team will not be adding in backup/restore capabilities until ICS is official on the Epic Touch.

HUGE thanks to Team Omega and chainfire for the dump of the SGS3.
    HUGE thanks to The enitire ERA team. More thanks below.

What comes in the ROM?

• MORE TWEAKS!!!
    • Working Sprint HOTspot!
    • MX video player.
    • PRL and Profile updates working.
    • Google Play Music themed with Beats.
    • Calkulin"s silent camera with volume shutter, and MMS for less compression.
    • SDcard booster app with setting at 4mb by default.
    • CRT off ani! (working on it)
    • BEATS audio by Dre (fixed)
    • Dimmed lockscreen wallpaper like cm9.
    • New Kobridge Super Build.prop tweaks.
    • Kobridge 3.4m tweaks :)
    • Added new Apex launcher (5/28/2012)
    • Added RealCalc back.
    • Tweaked 1% battery mod.
    • Comes with new "S voice" patch (5/29/2012), no more lag, promise, THANKS to mijjah74 and ecooce.
    • FF02 Deodexed and ICS themed. Thanks to dataJosh for the base and mijjah74 for the parts. Thanks to Tiffany84 for some of the theme, overstew for the rest.
    *Removed*• 360 Rotation when rotation is selected. (needs more requests)
    • Boot animation.zip support.
    • Boosted all notification and ringtones, you wont complain its not loud enough!!!
    • AOSP keyborad (LatinIME), its the only kb installed, details below.
    * AOSP browser, its faster. (reverted to stock FF02)
    • Themed phone.apk and contacts.apk. Thanks agat.
    • Stock ICS lockscreen.
    *Removed*• NAV bar update.zips for this rom/theme only.(need more requests)
    • FE22plus kernel, thanks to sfhub and RadioActiveDisorder.
    • Silent camera, thanks agat.
    • SGS3 wallpaper by default.
    • Updated with new SGS3 wallpaper_chooser.apk, now comes with real wallpapers.
    • Kobridge zipalign, THANKS man, good work...
    • Super Build.prop tweaks, thanks to kobridge, added some of my own values.
    • Init.d support, with some of the best already in there,kobridge_zipalign, some of kobridge's tweaks (tested), ext4 tweak, several others.
    • Torch app installed, also sdxAppRemover (just small and simple)
    • Unlocked stock recovery.
    • HD youtube.
    • MTP/Mass storage switcher app.
    •CM9 LWP's.
    • SGS3 LWP's.
    • SGS3 sounds/ringtones/notifications.
    •.png's will be optimized in the next version.
    Also on the to do list... Some more theming to the notification icons (they are huge and white atm, I no like :) )

•••CHANGE LOG•••

•••Frankenstein's FIFO2 FF02•••
    0. Updated base to deodexed FF02 thanks to DataJosh.
    1. Accurate 1x signal mod, Thanks DataJosh.
    2. Kobridge 3.4m Tweaks, THANKS kobridge.
    3. Black HD youtube 3.5.5.
    4. Added CApps, NApps, and RApps FIFO2 update.zips.
    5. Added complete set of SGS3 sounds.
    6. Calkulins camera with volume shutter and silent.
    7. Calkulins MMS for less MMS compression.
    8. Added MX Video player, fast and supports many codecs.
    9. Added SDcard booster app with a default of 4mb.
    10. GB install binaries, THANKS agat63.
    11. Added agat63 repack kernel.
    12. Made S Voice an addon only, must flash this now, saves 80mb.
    13. Themed settings with Frankenstein logo and ICS blue.
    14. Fixed Beats by Dr.Dre audio.
    15. Added Google play music player with Beats theme.
    16. Fixed stock twwallpaper chooser with SGS3 wallpapers for correct ratios.
    17. Fixed all issues with MMS and PRL/profile updates.
    18. Focused more on battery again this time around,
    19. Tried to add crt off, but for some reason the bools.xml edit didnt stick, same with 360 rotation, any advice would help. We used the new AutoApk option 14/15.
    20. More things were cleaned up, and added, and fixed under the hood. Its going to be hard to top this.

•••Ego v5.1•••
    0. Updated base to FE22.
    1. Added Sprint HOTspot hack.
    2. Added CRT off animation!
    3. Tried to add boot sound back.
    4. Added updated Apex launcher (5/28/2012)
    5. Intergrated Kobridge Super Build.prop v3.2
    6. Intergrated Kobridge Tweaks v3.2m
    7. Added RealCalc again.
    8. Fixed battery % mod, you can now remove % again.
    9. Added new silent camera, thanks agat63.
    10. Pulled several things from mijjah74's ROM, give some THANKS to him.
    11. Added new "S Voice" patch provided by mijjah74 and ecooce.'
    12. Stock apps pulled from dataJosh's stock ROM to help make Rapps_v5.
    13. Rotation LAG removed, much faster.
    14. Changed several values in the scripts to help achieve better results with kobridge tweaks.
    15. Once again I feel Im forgetting what else was added??? Could there possibly be more?
    16. BEATS audio by Dre.
    17. Dimmed lockscreen like cm9.

•••Ego v4.5•••
    0. FE16 ROM talk starts on page 33, post # 325
    1. Added SGS3 LWP's.
    2. Added SGS3 shutdown.
    3. Added Updated Apex launcher (5/21/2012)
    4. Added menu button unlock.
    5. Added 1% battery mod by default, thanks Tiffany.
    6. Kobridge zip_align.
    7. Added kobridge tweaks v2.4 with some modded values.
    8. Added wifi sleep tweak provided by guess who, kobridge ;)
    9. I actually think Im missing something, mmmm, what was it?
    10. Speed, added speed, yeah thats what it was, must of added some mah's to the battery also ;)
    11. Oh and how could I forget "s voice" thats right. (uploaded in v4.5, finished!)(you may need to enable "Samsung powered by vlingo" in settings/language and input/voice recognition/Samsung powered by Vlingo, and maybe SamsungTTS instead of GoogleTTS, you all let us know the combo that works best)
    12. New Default SGS3 wallpaper (the real deal this time).

•••Ego v3•••
    1. Added Apex launcher in update patch,,, for real this time :)
    2. Added Phone and contacts.apk's from agat's ROM, give some thanks to him.
    3. Added full update patch from Ego version? to Ego v3
    4. Some theming finished, png's smaller on the next update.
    5. Patch version 3.1 adds all above + new build.prop to match Ego v3 ROM.
    6. Patch kernel update didnt work, looking into it. update patch v3.1 replaced with v3.2, now on v3.3 all is good now, and build.prop does reflect Ego v3.

•••Ego v2.1•••
    1. Added Patch update support, Just install Ego v1-2.1 patch.zip.
    2. Added stock MMS inplace of AOSP MMS.
    3.New Camera icon.

•••Ego v2.0•••
    1.Added TwCalender + widget to ROM and added update.zip for these files to OP.

Missed THANKS, HUGE THANKS to Calkulin (Calk) leaks/roms/help.
    And how could I forget my mentor k0nane, man you know, kNOw CiQ ;)
    And kobridge for being awesome and an inspiration.
    THANKS to dtm_stretch for the AOSP lockscreen.
    THANKS to Calk for the hotspot hack.
    And thanks to stormglove for helping in the thread, THANKS Justin.

Huge THANKS go out to , TeamERA (tester), xboxfanj, zanderman112, ||ACER||, AJC9000 (tester), marcusant, AproSamurai, noobnl, Decad3nce, Rodderick, ACS, TeamVenum, Dazednconfused, AND THANK YOU TexasEpic4g, this guy does work. And another staple to this community QBking77, a personal thank you Tim :D and many more. I wish I could interact with all of you on XDA instead of the other 8 things we use LoL :(

Last but not least, thanks to Korey (whosdaman) and Kennith, please visit BriefMobile.com and support us.

Review and install videos by QBking77 are here!!!

REVIEW
    http://youtu.be/1-b1hmmEkUA
    INSTALL
    http://youtu.be/UvF9CfrD4QY

Install instructions.
    No matter what ROM your running, it is recommended to Odin/MobileOdin the EL26 kernel (providing soon), wipe system, wipe dalvik cache, wipe cache, now you can install the rom and any add-on you may want.
    If you decide you dont want, say the NAV bar mod, reflash the EL26 kernel, then flash "disable NAV mod" then reflash the FE22 kernel.zip provided.

•••UPDATED to Frankenstein's FIFO2 6/10/2012 NEW DOWNLOADS•••

NEW ROM FILES

Frankenstein's FIFO2 FF02 Deodexed

RApps update.zip (Removed apps)
    Rapps contains all the removed stock apps (Core and Non-critical)

CApps update.zip
    CApps (Core apps) contains apps like livewallpaper selector, LWP's, BuddiesNow, things like that.

NApps update.zip
    NApps (non-critical apps) contains all the test apks and some other things I dont think youll need.

FF02 agat63 repacked kernel
    You may want to keep this on your sdcard.

S Voice v5 universal for ICS SGS

OLD FILES

Frankenstein's Ego v5.1 FE22

***ON HOLD, SORRY, DO NOT FLASH RAPPS***
    ***Rapps v5 (Removed Apps)***

FE22plus kernel update.zip

NEW "S Voice" patch provided by mijjah74 and ecooce.
    (comes in Ego v5.1, no need to flash this if you are installing the ROM)

Frankenstein's Ego v4.5

Rapps v4 (removed apps)

Email Client (email.apk, exchange.apk)

FE16plus repacked kernel

Wallpaper Pack

PATCHES\ADD-ONs

EL26 kernel + CWM

Enable NAV mod FE10 update.zip

Disable NAV mod FE10 update.zip
    I'll definitely get a review video going :)
    I went ahead and deleted the trolling/flaming post by a certain member(s). Let's try and remember that the devs do this for fun and some rooms arnt for everyone. Just because u have issues with a rom there is no reason to bash a dev team or other members who do enjoy the rom. Flash what u like and leave it at that.

xda forum moderator/recognised contributer
    Well hate to be the person that breaks the news, but v4.5 is up and its amazing, it has some... well check the OP!!!