Help on sim unlocking HTC Incredible 2 for other carriers..

Search This thread

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
I sucessfully pushed supersu but when I do the update for supersu it keeps freezing at the screen gaining root access... what's wrong?

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
Question, regardless of what rom I have beside the stock rom or the andybonestock one, I cannot sign into google market using wifi at all! Does anyone know what is the cause of this? With stock and andybonestock I can fine. I really want to use incredible 2 hd release 1.1 rom or other nice rom but I can't if I want to use google market.

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
I sucessfully pushed supersu but when I do the update for supersu it keeps freezing at the screen gaining root access... what's wrong?

Try this superuser:

http://db.tt/x87inRDt

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Question, regardless of what rom I have beside the stock rom or the andybonestock one, I cannot sign into google market using wifi at all! Does anyone know what is the cause of this? With stock and andybonestock I can fine. I really want to use incredible 2 hd release 1.1 rom or other nice rom but I can't if I want to use google market.

Can you post a screenshot of what is happening? Two common issues are 1. It has to upgrade to the play store and takes a bit of time. 2. You have to go clear data in the market app (or play store app), then clear data in google services framework and reboot before launching the market/play store again.

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
Aha duhh I'm so blind.. found it :) Let me try the original stock first to get rid of funky stuff...then I will try the rest of the roms...

Try this superuser:

http://db.tt/x87inRDt

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Can you post a screenshot of what is happening? Two common issues are 1. It has to upgrade to the play store and takes a bit of time. 2. You have to go clear data in the market app (or play store app), then clear data in google services framework and reboot before launching the market/play store again.

I will try again but it's a pain in the ass to go through everything and set up stock again if this doesn't work again.... How do we clear data in the market app because I can't even log in to access market app! Also how to clear data in google services framework like you said. I'm so new to android I don't know anything!

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
I will try again but it's a pain in the ass to go through everything and set up stock again if this doesn't work again.... How do we clear data in the market app because I can't even log in to access market app! Also how to clear data in google services framework like you said. I'm so new to android I don't know anything!

You don't need to wipe everything and start from stock. Did you log in to your google account on your phone? If not go to settings > accounts and add your google account. To clear data go to settings > apps > manage apps, then go to all apps and find those two. Tap on one, clear data, back, tap on other, clear data, reboot.

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
You don't need to wipe everything and start from stock. Did you log in to your google account on your phone? If not go to settings > accounts and add your google account. To clear data go to settings > apps > manage apps, then go to all apps and find those two. Tap on one, clear data, back, tap on other, clear data, reboot.

Right now I am on andybonestock, sim unlock, rooted, and everything is working fine but I do not like the stock layout and it is kind of slow. Google play store is working perfectly. I want to flash to something like incredible 2 hd release 1.2 bc it's supposedly more stable than the incredible 2 hd ICS that he has due to wifi and data issue people is complaining but I'm afraid if I flash to it google won't work and I'm screwed and have to reflash to stock again.

I tried backing up this rom using rom manager but I have clockwork mod touch 6.x which isn't selectable in rom manager so I'm afraid to back it up. I could go into recovery and back up right? Then flash if nothing works then go back to recovery to restore and I should be back on andybonestock correct?

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
Right now I am on andybonestock, sim unlock, rooted, and everything is working fine but I do not like the stock layout and it is kind of slow. Google play store is working perfectly. I want to flash to something like incredible 2 hd release 1.2 bc it's supposedly more stable than the incredible 2 hd ICS that he has due to wifi and data issue people is complaining but I'm afraid if I flash to it google won't work and I'm screwed and have to reflash to stock again.

I tried backing up this rom using rom manager but I have clockwork mod touch 6.x which isn't selectable in rom manager so I'm afraid to back it up. I could go into recovery and back up right? Then flash if nothing works then go back to recovery to restore and I should be back on andybonestock correct?

Yes, rom manager is crap in my experience. I'd go to recovery (if all else fails turn off phone, then hold power and volume down for a bit, then let go of power) make a backup and try whatever you want. I'd also recommend finding a touch recovery you like. I prefer twrp, but 4ext is also nice. You can search for either of those.

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010

Yes, rom manager is crap in my experience. I'd go to recovery (if all else fails turn off phone, then hold power and volume down for a bit, then let go of power) make a backup and try whatever you want. I'd also recommend finding a touch recovery you like. I prefer twrp, but 4ext is also nice. You can search for either of those.

I do have the touch recovery from clockwork mod 6.x something... it's pretty cool now. Since I will be mainly focusing on GSM useage on this phone, is there a stable one that you reccommends with no drop data or wifi and that is ICS?

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
I do have the touch recovery from clockwork mod 6.x something... it's pretty cool now. Since I will be mainly focusing on GSM useage on this phone, is there a stable one that you reccommends with no drop data or wifi and that is ICS?

You'll have to dig around the rom threads on your own. There aren't a lot of gsm users, and I've never looked into it.

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
If you run bonestock, flash drelisdees #21 kernal and oc to 1305 for responsiveness. I recommend 4ext for recovery.

There is a sticky I think for GSM users.

Sent from my Nitsy CM7.

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
If you run bonestock, flash drelisdees #21 kernal and oc to 1305 for responsiveness. I recommend 4ext for recovery.

There is a sticky I think for GSM users.

Sent from my Nitsy CM7.

I did see that sticky but those roms are mostly unstable for gsm useage :( If i OC to that speed, will it drain my battery? This phone is going to be sent to my gf in asia so she wouldn't want to be all fancy and stuff, just a fast phone that saves battery.

also if you do a backup via recovery, will it back up all your apps you downloaded from the market or just the core rom?

Last edited:

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
I did see that sticky but those roms are mostly unstable for gsm useage :( If i OC to that speed, will it drain my battery? This phone is going to be sent to my gf in asia so she wouldn't want to be all fancy and stuff, just a fast phone that saves battery.

also if you do a backup via recovery, will it back up all your apps you downloaded from the market or just the core rom?

A recovery backup is essentially an image of your whole system, apps and everything.

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
I'm also having issue with using superwipe from incredible hd... it keeps telling me error in the wipe.zip file when it's formatting the ext4 cache partition. How do I know my ext4 partition is set up correctly?

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010

I just flash to incrediblehd and clear all data but it still cannot connect to market! I read somewhere that you need to be on data for it to work first time around? My error is it just say can't establish a reliable data connection to the server... your phone maybe not be provisioned for data services, call customer care. How do I by pass this?

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
I tried redownloading google play store but it still will not connect :(

edit... also I cannot restore from back up ... it restore but froze at the htc boot screen for awhile like 5 min so I was forced to do a restore from stock again :( fml.... seems like I can't go to any rom with working play store unless I do stock! What is wrong with my phone!!

Last edited:

jjdelarosa

Jul 15, 2013
I received a sim unlock code, but it doen't work

Hello Guys

this my second phone of HTC Droid Incredible 2, I've bought. So with the last one, I bought several unlock code and I received the same code, It turns out the phone still says "Invalid Code". I want to know what is wrong, because the company service they that code belongs to imei that the cell phone has.

Please Let me know.

Top Liked Posts