WM6 ROM for Typhoon(Rom Ready For Download)

Search This thread

FLORINOX

Jul 22, 2007
does windows update work ?:)and how do i application unlock wm6 c500?

Last edited:

bond1977

Jul 21, 2007
Chinese ROM for HTC Feeler Phones

:) :)

For those people who owned an HTC Feeler phone, for the meantime you can use a WM6 upgrade cooked by a Chinese. Been using this ROM on my old T-Mobile SDA for almost 3 days already. I downloaded it from a Chinese site. The joystick is working perfectly and the speed is awesome compared to the WM5. The ROM is basically on Chinese so you have to do this procedure if you're not Chinese:

1. Change the "Language" at Regional Settings to "US English" and restart the phone (the menus will all be changed to English).

HOW TO DO THIS?

A. At the homescreen press the left soft key (which is START but in Chinese character).
B. At the Start Menu look for an icon which looks like a folder but it has a gear on the bottom, this is the Settings, and open it using your joystick. (if you cant find it in the first page of Start Menu, press again the left soft key and it will bring you to the second page of Start Menu)
C. After opening the Settings, go to the bottom of the screen and choose the last option which is the "9. More" option.
D. Then after getting to the second page of Settings, choose the third option which is the "3. Regional Settings" then open it.
E. Press again the joystick while the cursor is on the first option and choose the "US English" option.
F. Then press the left soft key (which is the "Done" button but in chinese) 2 times. Then press the "Home" button of your HTC Feeler and it will bring you back to the Homescreen.
G. Restart your phone for the changes to take effect.

- After restarting, your phone menus will be in English already and proceed to the next procedure below.

2. Modify the Registry by changing the Value Data of registry key "SysLang" found at \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MUI to "2057" (without the quote) which is English - United Kingdom. Use PHM Registry Editor on this but this is not included in the ROM. It can be downloaded from the net and easy to install on your phone (you can find it at "Download" section of www.airfagev.com ).
3. Exit the Registry Editor and restart your phone.
4. Install the English xT9.cab to your phone (you can find it on the "UPDATED!!! [[RELEASE]] Tornado Windows Mobile 6 ALPHA" thread of this forum).
5. Now on the Start Menu, all icons/shortcuts found there were all in Chinese so what you have to do is rename it manually using the HTC File Manager1.41 (Build 22448). It is not also included in the ROM so you have to install it separately (rename it to whatever name you want and it doesnt matter to your phone).

Voila you have an English HTC Feeler running a WM6 Rom.

- by the way, after flashing the ROM your phone is App-unlocked so you can install .cab files immediately. And you have to follow the instructions posted on the first page of this thread in flashing the ROM to your phone.

mr_yellow

May 2, 2006
Sorry to sound like a n00b, but has anyone with a typhoon (smt5600) had problems doing the emergency flash for the first nbf? I get an error message saying "failed in reliability test" or something to that affect (i don't have the error in front of me right now)... The phone is in usb tri-color screen, but strangely, I never got the prompt to install drivers...

I have a feeling the phone isn't being detected over usb.. but maybe there's something else. anyone have any clues?

Thanks,

rickwyatt

Feb 7, 2007
london
Sorry to sound like a n00b, but has anyone with a typhoon (smt5600) had problems doing the emergency flash for the first nbf? I get an error message saying "failed in reliability test" or something to that affect (i don't have the error in front of me right now)... The phone is in usb tri-color screen, but strangely, I never got the prompt to install drivers...

I have a feeling the phone isn't being detected over usb.. but maybe there's something else. anyone have any clues?

Thanks,
cid unlock your smt5600 then upgrade to latest orange rom then upgrade to wm5 go here http://www.user.cityline.ru/~ronswens/Tutorials.htm then upgrade to wm6

rickwyatt

Feb 7, 2007
london
Ooooh.. really? you have to upgrade to wm5 before going to wm6? doh!

Alrighty, this should be easy then since I've upgraded to wm5 in the past and I've already CID unlocked my phone.

Thanks!

if you've all ready got wm5 on you phone you dont need to flash spl just turn off you phone press and hold your cam button plug usb when need ui press 0

marcogeni

Jul 27, 2007

For those people who owned an HTC Feeler phone, for the meantime you can use a WM6 upgrade cooked by a Chinese. Been using this ROM on my old T-Mobile SDA for almost 3 days already. I downloaded it from a Chinese site. The joystick is working perfectly and the speed is awesome compared to the WM5. The ROM is basically on Chinese so you have to do this procedure if you're not Chinese:

1. Change the "Language" at Regional Settings to "US English" and restart the phone (the menus will all be changed to English).

HOW TO DO THIS?

A. At the homescreen press the left soft key (which is START but in Chinese character).
B. At the Start Menu look for an icon which looks like a folder but it has a gear on the bottom, this is the Settings, and open it using your joystick. (if you cant find it in the first page of Start Menu, press again the left soft key and it will bring you to the second page of Start Menu)
C. After opening the Settings, go to the bottom of the screen and choose the last option which is the "9. More" option.
D. Then after getting to the second page of Settings, choose the third option which is the "3. Regional Settings" then open it.
E. Press again the joystick while the cursor is on the first option and choose the "US English" option.
F. Then press the left soft key (which is the "Done" button but in chinese) 2 times. Then press the "Home" button of your HTC Feeler and it will bring you back to the Homescreen.
G. Restart your phone for the changes to take effect.

- After restarting, your phone menus will be in English already and proceed to the next procedure below.

2. Modify the Registry by changing the Value Data of registry key "SysLang" found at \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MUI to "2057" (without the quote) which is English - United Kingdom. Use PHM Registry Editor on this but this is not included in the ROM. It can be downloaded from the net and easy to install on your phone (you can find it at "Download" section of www.airfagev.com ).
3. Exit the Registry Editor and restart your phone.
4. Install the English xT9.cab to your phone (you can find it on the "UPDATED!!! [[RELEASE]] Tornado Windows Mobile 6 ALPHA" thread of this forum).
5. Now on the Start Menu, all icons/shortcuts found there were all in Chinese so what you have to do is rename it manually using the HTC File Manager1.41 (Build 22448). It is not also included in the ROM so you have to install it separately (rename it to whatever name you want and it doesnt matter to your phone).

Voila you have an English HTC Feeler running a WM6 Rom.

- by the way, after flashing the ROM your phone is App-unlocked so you can install .cab files immediately. And you have to follow the instructions posted on the first page of this thread in flashing the ROM to your phone.

Pls. where is the link to download English xT9.cab and HTC File Manager 1.41?