[MOD]{CM10.1}{CM10.2}{CM11}{AOSP}Working Int2Ext for Xperia 2011 [ART-compatible]

Search This thread

nos1609

Feb 16, 2009
Moscow
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
After days of looking for a solution to the problem of every 2011 device I've finally managed to do it!

Many of you wanna enable ART functionnality in 4.4.2 because the device start "flying" with such a pill. So I've managed to modify the Int2Ext v2 script to run it lagless and conserving initial performance.

Prerequesites:
1. You have to make an EXT partition (I've got an EXT4 1 GB partition)
2. Flash the script BEFORE the first boot (like any other package such as gapps).
3. (Optionnal) Reboot once, and enable ART in developement menu.
4. Enjoy!

What it does exactly?
1. Increase the readahead cache for your sd to 4096 kb
2. Transfers /data/app & /data/app-private to the ext partition of the SD
3. Everything that a CronMod-INT2EXT script does

Screenshots
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

All credits goes to the creator of the original script. Ive simply deleted a line inside ;)

You're welcome for testing.:good:

Small FAQ & corrected verision to avoid signal loss:
1. Tested in couple with Vanir/Carbon - unstable under ART, Dalvik recommanded
Tested on PAC working like a charm on both ART & Dalvik

2. To avoid reboots / FCs try flashing ART compatible gapps

3. About the "internal memory waste" Guys, please check the description of what the script is doing and what folders are moved onto EXT-partition. If everything would so simle as that, even ART mode couldn't overcome the laggynes and the lack of performance after moving everything to sdcard. The script is moving ONLY APKs to the EXT-partition. Dalvik, libs etc remains on the 470 Mb NAND to conserve initial performance. But enen that amount of free space is not enough to run ART experience at it full potential. because of very large dalvik-cache size.

4. EXT partition. Just google, XDA contains tons of manuals and tools to create one. If you'd like to simply try ART 512 MB one will be enough, you'll reach the internal NAND limitation. If you want using it in normal mode you can make the partition as large as you like.

5. Concerning the loss of signal, I think there are some lack of time for the device itself to get the new location of the files, so try this new package.

UPDATE: Working fix for signal loss

Last edited:

metaljoker

Jul 11, 2009
----
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
After days of looking for a solution to the problem of every 2011 device I've finally managed to do it!

Many of you wanna enable ART functionnality in 4.4.2 because the device start "flying" with such a pill. So I've managed to modify the Int2Ext v2 script to run it lagless and conserving initial performance.

Prerequesites:
2. Flash the script BEFORE the first boot (like any other package such as gapps).
4. Enjoy!

What it does exactly?

Screenshots
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

All credits goes to the creator of the original script. Ive simply deleted a line inside ;)

Correct me if Im wrong... DOES THAT MEAN WE CAN INCREASE THE INTERNAL MEMORY AFTER FLASHING A KITKAT ROM?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF IT DOES...... WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW AND THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

arc_n_krizt

Sep 17, 2012
Bekasi
Hahaha....
Its a good idea...
Well, for increase ram u just partion your sd card and link app in there...

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

Abhayk722

May 27, 2012
Mumbai
network lost

ok first.. if I flash the script(2.0 and 2.1) before first boot dosent work, phone goes into bootloop.

and secondly. i tried to flash the script after first boot(after completing setup guide and rebooting), worked fine but no network signal at all.
Also the 2.1 version does not work...i waited for 1hour and then rebooted my phone for 2-3 times but no success, still no signal.

Please make it work, coz this mod does exactly what i have been wanting for long, only the network signal is an issue.

Im using Arc, JellyVanilla EX 6.1 CM10.1
I have a 1.5 GB EXT4 partition.

Reactions: mjmj508

metaljoker

Jul 11, 2009
----
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
E V E R T H I N G WORKS LIKE A CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM!!!!!!
Finally someone found the solution I've been waiting for for a looooong time.
You may see my last coment on the XtremeSilencer's thread where I begged & cursed for a solution or closing the thread for good!

As for you Mr. nos1609, be careful & do not make whatever mistake XtremeSilencer did.

GOOD JOB, buddy :eek:

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Hahaha....
Its a good idea...
Well, for increase ram u just partion your sd card and link app in there...

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

mmmm! Are you trying to say that there already is a solution before this thread?!
If so, why didn't you mentioned that before & how the hell you link an app to the partitioned part?!
Be kind enough & explain, if you don't mind that is.

Reactions: Thanatos33

arc_n_krizt

Sep 17, 2012
Bekasi
E V E R T H I N G WORKS LIKE A CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM!!!!!!
Finally someone found the solution I've been waiting for for a looooong time.
You may see my last coment on the XtremeSilencer's thread where I begged & cursed for a solution or closing the thread for good!

As for you Mr. nos1609, be careful & do not make whatever mistake XtremeSilencer did.

GOOD JOB, buddy :eek:

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

mmmm! Are you trying to say that there already is a solution before this thread?!
If so, why didn't you mentioned that before & how the hell you link an app to the partitioned part?!
Be kind enough & explain, if you don't mind that is.

nope!! the answer is im so lazy and have limitation english languange and i just so sometimes i just read....try....fall.....try again.......fall again....be a moron......brick my arc....fixing on service center....do it again.... :eek::eek::p:eek:

Reactions: metaljoker

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
ok first.. if I flash the script(2.0 and 2.1) before first boot dosent work, phone goes into bootloop.

and secondly. i tried to flash the script after first boot(after completing setup guide and rebooting), worked fine but no network signal at all.
Also the 2.1 version does not work...i waited for 1hour and then rebooted my phone for 2-3 times but no success, still no signal.

Please make it work, coz this mod does exactly what i have been wanting for long, only the network signal is an issue.

I eventually get it worked without losing network signal, here is the workaround:

1. Flash ROM
2. Reboot
2. Flash Gaaps
3. Reboot
4. Flash Int2SD package (I used v2.0 and it worked)

If you still got no signal, just reboot, it will go back to normal

Abhayk722

May 27, 2012
Mumbai
I eventually get it worked without losing network signal, here is the workaround:

1. Flash ROM
2. Reboot
2. Flash Gaaps
3. Reboot

Hi,,
Thanks for your reply..
I dont know how the phone can behave like this, but..
I did exactly as you mentioned..but no signal..
so i restarted and i got signal... so i just restarted again to be sure and BAM... no signal again..
out of 10 times i rebooted my phone i got signal only 3 times,
so im not sure what is happening...

can anyone please modify the script to leave the network scanner and other related app on the system and not on sd card..

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
Hi,,
Thanks for your reply..
I dont know how the phone can behave like this, but..
I did exactly as you mentioned..but no signal..
so i restarted and i got signal... so i just restarted again to be sure and BAM... no signal again..
out of 10 times i rebooted my phone i got signal only 3 times,
so im not sure what is happening...

can anyone please modify the script to leave the network scanner and other related app on the system and not on sd card..

I was suffering that error too with Carbon Rom. Could u switch to another rom such as Vanir Rom. It worked for me

I'm using Vanir Rom & Dark Kernel

I haven't tested with ART runtime yet

Reactions: Abhayk722

Mr.RainBurn

Jan 24, 2014
Fiore
After using for 2 days, encountered few problems...

1) Everytime when i reboot, power on. All apps from internal storage disappear.
Solution: I have to go to CWM and clear cache and dalvik cache to fixed it... And the problem starts again on the next power on

2) Start up takes longer... Far too long

3) Sometimes, SD-card and internal storage both becomes undetected
Solution: Take a reboot...

hootnath

Sep 2, 2011
Frisco

Can we get the INT2EXT that puts the whole /data into SDEXT, including the dalvik? Or the whole /data on EXT but /data/data (app data) on internal. I have about 2.5gigs of apps and the internal can't store all of its dalvik.

I am also hoping that someone can confirm if this tweaked INT2EXT works with VanirAOSP KitKat

nos1609

Feb 16, 2009
Moscow
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Can we get the INT2EXT that puts the whole /data into SDEXT, including the dalvik? Or the whole /data on EXT but /data/data (app data) on internal. I have about 2.5gigs of apps and the internal can't store all of its dalvik.

I am also hoping that someone can confirm if this tweaked INT2EXT works with VanirAOSP KitKat

I really do not recommend moving dalvic on ext partition. Perfomance issue is mostly probable.

Reactions: hootnath

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Prerequesites:
    4. Enjoy!

What it does exactly?

Screenshots
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

1. Tested in couple with Vanir/Carbon - unstable under ART, Dalvik recommanded
    Tested on PAC working like a charm on both ART & Dalvik

2. To avoid reboots / FCs try flashing ART compatible gapps

3. About the "internal memory waste" Guys, please check the description of what the script is doing and what folders are moved onto EXT-partition. If everything would so simle as that, even ART mode couldn't overcome the laggynes and the lack of performance after moving everything to sdcard. The script is moving ONLY APKs to the EXT-partition. Dalvik, libs etc remains on the 470 Mb NAND to conserve initial performance. But enen that amount of free space is not enough to run ART experience at it full potential. because of very large dalvik-cache size.

4. EXT partition. Just google, XDA contains tons of manuals and tools to create one. If you'd like to simply try ART 512 MB one will be enough, you'll reach the internal NAND limitation. If you want using it in normal mode you can make the partition as large as you like.

5. Concerning the loss of signal, I think there are some lack of time for the device itself to get the new location of the files, so try this new package.

UPDATE: Working fix for signal loss
    he means the OP
    After using for 2 days, encountered few problems...

1) Everytime when i reboot, power on. All apps from internal storage disappear.
    Solution: I have to go to CWM and clear cache and dalvik cache to fixed it... And the problem starts again on the next power on

2) Start up takes longer... Far too long

3) Sometimes, SD-card and internal storage both becomes undetected
    Solution: Take a reboot...
    So can i flash it with a rom installed, and continue using the rom with no trouble?

1. Flash ROM
    2. Reboot
    2. Flash Gaaps
    3. Reboot