[Q] Green power vs. Juice defender

Search This thread

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee
I've used both. I personally like green power better. Its a little more user friendly. I did have a friends with an optima s who used green power and it broke his wifi. Had to do a factory reset to fix it. Works great on my thunderbolt though.

Sent from my rooted stock HTC Thunderbolt using Swype

MyMeth

Apr 10, 2011
i am using juice defender ultimate so far it gives ma an additional 1.5 hrs of battery life

turbosrrgood

Does anyone use Green power or Juice defender app on thunderbolt, and if so is it really saving battery life and are they working ok .

These types of apps save battery by turning off data, when the phone is not in use. For me, that basically doubles my battery life.

Neither of the two apps above worked that reliably for me, however battery defender has been great. Very simple, and reliable.

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee
These types of apps save battery by turning off data, when the phone is not in use. For me, that basically doubles my battery life.

Neither of the two apps above worked that reliably for me, however battery defender has been great. Very simple, and reliable.

Exactly right. These apps only save you battery WHEN YOU AREN'T USING YOUR PHONE. If you use your phone heavily, they won't help much. Before I got my extended battery, green power worked get well for me, but I find I don't need it now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

lmolloy

Nov 27, 2008
Juice defender works. Run it for a few days, then take it off. Youll see the difference

Jrocker23

Mar 7, 2010
Staten Island, NY
Juice defender works. Run it for a few days, then take it off. Youll see the difference

All its doing is shutting off services apps that you are not using at the moment. You can do that manually and save a little more power.

Just think, you could make shortcuts onto your homescreen and shut off the same services it does and save the same power plus save a little more power because you dont have the juice defender app or whatever your using running in the back ground.

Personally for me, I bought the phone to take advantage of what it can do, I dont want to have to add extra steps just to get my location working or use gps. When you buy one of these phones, you should expect battery to be an issue if you plan on using it alot.

Im not trying top knock anyone here at all as each user has their own reason or obstacle that may give them a need for this but for the normal user, they put so much time and effort into finding the exact settings that are going to save them an hour or 2 when they simply could add a rezound battery or the extended battery and not worry about anything and use the phone the way it should be.

If you are against the bulk size thats added, before you get caught up on it, you really should try it. After a few days you wont even notice it and most actually wind up liking the grip and feel...

sfetaz

Sep 6, 2007
All its doing is shutting off services apps that you are not using at the moment. You can do that manually and save a little more power.

Just think, you could make shortcuts onto your homescreen and shut off the same services it does and save the same power plus save a little more power because you dont have the juice defender app or whatever your using running in the back ground.

Personally for me, I bought the phone to take advantage of what it can do, I dont want to have to add extra steps just to get my location working or use gps. When you buy one of these phones, you should expect battery to be an issue if you plan on using it alot.

Im not trying top knock anyone here at all as each user has their own reason or obstacle that may give them a need for this but for the normal user, they put so much time and effort into finding the exact settings that are going to save them an hour or 2 when they simply could add a rezound battery or the extended battery and not worry about anything and use the phone the way it should be.

If you are against the bulk size thats added, before you get caught up on it, you really should try it. After a few days you wont even notice it and most actually wind up liking the grip and feel...

Thats true but these apps automate that to your liking so you never forget to do it. It would be annoying to do it all manually everytime i pick up and put down my phone.

I use juice defender and it works well for me. Only problem i have is when it lowers network mode down from 4g it doesnt go back to 4g unless i do it manually.

smartnphone

Feb 26, 2012
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24202674#post24202674

On page 2 of this thread xcrazydx said that juice defender uses up more power than it saves because it's a process that runs in the background. That being said, I also use setcpu to save power and it runs as a process.

I'm not sure about what xcrazydx said is true but can anyone with knowledge about juice defender elaborate on whether or not this is true or not?

watt9493

Dec 27, 2010
Croydon, PA

On page 2 of this thread xcrazydx said that juice defender uses up more power than it saves because it's a process that runs in the background. That being said, I also use setcpu to save power and it runs as a process.

I'm not sure about what xcrazydx said is true but can anyone with knowledge about juice defender elaborate on whether or not this is true or not?

Its bullshiat. Green power and juicedefender have added hours to a single charge on the bolt, and almost a day on my old incredible. Just because its a process doesn't mean it is battery intensive. Its not like it keeps the CPU pegged at 100% constantly. Don't trust anyone that uses x's before and after thief user name IMHO. They're usually 14, and a virgin :p

Sent from my ADR6400L

Last edited:
Reactions: smartnphone

watt9493

Dec 27, 2010
Croydon, PA

I have green power set to turn data off if no traffic exists after 3 minutes and to turn it back on as soon as I hit the power button to wake the screen. Its easier then doing it manually as I'm constantly running and don't have the time to check if I turned my data off. I leave GPS enabled so your location argument is kinda invalid (probably for everyone on cm7) plus, why would I want my phone burning through battery when I'm not using it? Ill sync my stuff when I want to.

Sent from my ADR6400L

smartnphone

Feb 26, 2012
Okay yeah I figured as much. He didn't back it up other than that it runs as a process. I may try green power later..

Anyone else looking to save battery who has a Amoled screen should try a Black background, black lockscreen, and bgoog.com as their home page in browser.

This along with setcpu, juice defender, and a good debloated custom rom has my Galaxy S2 lasting for much more than a day.

blacque

Feb 12, 2009
durban,south africa
Green power is the best.have had a paid version from when I had a desire.it just works .and the Dev supports it too

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its bullshiat. Green power and juicedefender have added hours to a single charge on the bolt, and almost a day on my old incredible. Just because its a process doesn't mean it is battery intensive. Its not like it keeps the CPU pegged at 100% constantly. Don't trust anyone that uses x's before and after thief user name IMHO. They're usually 14, and a virgin :p

Sent from my ADR6400L