GApps on the Nook Tablet

Search This thread

5[Strogino]

Sep 23, 2009
Moscow
I found 10 Google Apps available for download along with Evernote, Dolphin Browser HD, Tune in Radio, and a ton of other apps. Just follow the link below and find an app you want and click on it.
*link deleted*
Mmmm... It does not reach a goal.
1. This site is controlled by someone. We don't know real apps or not. May be they are infected...
2. To maintain this copy of market someone needs do many things (download a lot of apps, check new versions, upload to own site). So Dolphin Browser HD has version 6.0 in this site, but has 7.2.0 in google market.
3. Site does not have all apps.

P.s. but thanks for finding. It is another option to get apps, which can not be downloaded from google market.

Sent from my A7-040 using Tapatalk

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
You should replace all the files *just use root explorer and multi-select them all and then you can just go to /system and paste them and it should merge everything. Afterwords, go into terminal emulator and run
Code:
chmod 644 /system/app/*.apk

Note: when you merge everything over, your nook WILL reboot. Also remember to get rid of the setup or you will have to wipe the nook and start over.q

phon00b

Aug 21, 2011
I couldn't get it working. I unzipped the files, grabbed the four folders in "system" and put them on my sd card. I then used root explorer and moved those four folders into /system. I got the prompt asking me if I wanted to merge the folders, and I checked the little box telling it to do this for all files and hit "merge". instead of restarting, the tablet just locked up. It gave me a pop-up for a force close but I couldn't click on anything. After several minutes I just forced a shut down and when I started it up, I got an image of a tablet with a big red exclamation in the middle, telling me to try restarting. I restarted several times and kept getting the same image. So I forced a factory reset, rooted again and installed gapps through the zergy script. I tried installing the new GApps once again and got the exact same result. And ditto for the third attempt. Any ideas what I mightve done wrong?

Last edited:

Wizardry1951

Dec 4, 2011
I use the same login for several devices. It may say installed because it is installed on one of your devices, but go ahead and click on the installed button and see if it shows all of your devices. When I've done resets and restores, it will still say installed, but you can re-install onto the devices anyway. There is NO issue with having the purchased apps on one account being used on several devices.

Thanks for the help. I tried it and now all works fine.

Jim

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
I couldn't get it working. I unzipped the files, grabbed the four folders in "system" and put them on my sd card. I then used root explorer and moved those four folders into /system. I got the prompt asking me if I wanted to merge the folders, and I checked the little box telling it to do this for all files and hit "merge". instead of restarting, the tablet just locked up. It gave me a pop-up for a force close but I couldn't click on anything. After several minutes I just forced a shut down and when I started it up, I got an image of a tablet with a big red exclamation in the middle, telling me to try restarting. I restarted several times and kept getting the same image. So I forced a factory reset, rooted again and installed gapps through the zergy script. I tried installing the new GApps once again and got the exact same result. And ditto for the third attempt. Any ideas what I mightve done wrong?

The newest version of the zergy script includes everything so just redownload and re-root and then you are golden. :) Sorry, but I have no idea what went wrong as I gave you the exact steps I used on my device.

blueeyedsusan

May 31, 2011
I found 10 Google Apps available for download along with Evernote, Dolphin Browser HD, Tune in Radio, and a ton of other apps. Just follow the link below and find an app you want and click on it.

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/apps

On another note, has anyone else noticed that copy & paste works on the Nook Tablet when you copy a URL from the address bar in Dolphin HD and open a new tab and then paste into the new tab's address bar? Can't seem to get it to work in any other application though.
can't get c/c/p to work with Dolphin HD on mine

TRS-80

Jan 11, 2012
Google Maps? Contacts?

I rooted a couple days ago using Indirect's method/script. All went flawlessly, Google Market works fine, but I don't see Maps or the regular Google Contacts apps installed? Is there some reason for this? Why not include them in the script with the other Google apps?

I'm not complaining, you guys have done great work unlocking the potential of this device. I was just curious if there was some technical or legal reason?

I have read a few people have gotten Maps working, and I'm sure i will be able to figure out how to sideload it, I was just curious why it wasn't included in the first place? Or was i just unsuccessful in running part of the script?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok (after rooting) here is how I installed GApps (Market, Google Framework, etc) on the Nook Tablet, as well as the steps I took to stabilize everything...

1. Downloaded GApps package from goo-inside.me and extracted files.
    2. Deleted the setupwizard.apk file from the set of extracted files (in the system\app folder).
    3. Copied "system" folder from extracted files to tablet via USB.
    4. Used Root Explorer to remount /system and copy files into their designated locations, and also set permissions (644) on all copied apk's in /system/app folder.
    5. Rebooted.
    6. Ran the market, signed in with my Google account, and downloaded/installed Superuser. Ran the binary update within the app.
    7. Install any additional apps from Android Market.
    8. Profit.

Known issues...

1. If setupwizard.apk ends up on your tablet you will not be happy.
    2. A factory reset is recommended after installing GApps (though probably not necessary).
    3. Not all apps show in the Market. Perhaps a build.prop tweak will fix this???

Enjoy!!!
    -1 Go download latest Gapps and extract the contents to your HD. There will be two folders, one of which is "system."
    -2 In the system folder there will be more folders, one of which is "app." Inside of app are all the system APKs.
    -3 Detele SetupWizard.apk
    -4 Now copy the app folder to the root of your NT SD card via USB.
    -5 Next step you need to use ADB or Root Explorer...I used Root Explorer.
    -6 Open root explorer, then go to sdcard and you should see the APP folder you copied.
    -7 Once there, hit menu -> multi select > then put a check mark to what you want copied then hit the copy button.
    -6 now hit back untill you're back in the root
    -8 Then navigate to system, and at the top you should see button "Mount RW" hit that button.
    -9 Then go into the App folder, and hit paste.
    -10 All the selected APKs are now in the system/app folder.
    -11 Now you need to give each of the copied apps permission by long-clicking on it till a menu comes up, hit permissions, then check all the check boxes next to "Owner"
    -12 After you did that to all the apps hit the "mount RO" button on top of the screen
    -13 Reboot the NT.

That should do it...hopefully I havent missed anything.
    New 9/30 gApps works, just remember to remove setup :)
    anlong:
    Use either wireless adb found here: https://market.android.com/details?id=siir.es.adbWireless
    or use debugging toggle found here: http://code.google.com/p/secure-set.../detail?name=ADBWidget-0.2-alpha.apk&can=2&q=
    ^ instructions for that:
    Download ADBWidget.apk
    Copy ADBWidget.apk to /system/app (you can use root explorer or something.)
    Add ADBWidget to your home screen
    ok, so can someone who is patient tell me where I need to copy the system folder? help the feeble minded, please.....

lol, i have been struggling with this exact same thing. for those of us who cant fill in the blanks of the brief instructions we need an exact step by step please ;)