[ROM][NAND][CM7.2]unofficial Android 2.3.7 for Rhodium 2013.07.09

Search This thread

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
Was this a kernel change you made? The previous poster said the cam doesn't work on OMGB, and I was under the impression you're using the same kernel as the OMGB ROM...

I did no kernel change. Only some modifcations in ramdisk (init.rc)

new 3.3.4 kernel boot partial now. (adb works) big thanks to rhodium kernel team.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I did no kernel change. Only some modifcations in ramdisk (init.rc)

Well I'm kinda confused why cam works for RHOD100 folks on your build, but not on OMGB...

I guess it's not a big deal, unless someone on a RHOD100 feels like helping figuring it out. I alas do not have such a device.

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
Well I'm kinda confused why cam works for RHOD100 folks on your build, but not on OMGB...

I guess it's not a big deal, unless someone on a RHOD100 feels like helping figuring it out. I alas do not have such a device.

try to replace camera.apk in OMGB use cm7.2 one.

josemata00

Aug 19, 2009
Yaracuy - Venezuela
I see that users have posted CDMA SOD's problems and restarts have been given no help or at least one orientation to try to solve the problem ...

Veo que a los usuarios CDMA que hemos posteado los problemas de SOD's y reinicios no se nos ha dado una ayuda o al menos una orientación para tratar de solucionar el problema...

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I see that users have posted CDMA SOD's problems and restarts have been given no help or at least one orientation to try to solve the problem ...

It's probably a RIL issue, and unfortunately we don't really have many people who are RIL experts. Heck, the guy who wrote the CDMA stuff from nothing but stubs doesn't even have a CDMA device... what does that tell you.

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
It's probably a RIL issue, and unfortunately we don't really have many people who are RIL experts. Heck, the guy who wrote the CDMA stuff from nothing but stubs doesn't even have a CDMA device... what does that tell you.

That's what I've been suspecting, a RIL issue.

And yes, the RIL was written blindfolded and with one hand tied behind his back! :p We should be grateful to have CDMA working, no matter how much it misbehaves at times!

Big kudos to this entire community!!!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Look, do you really think that if the devs had a solution it wouldn't be published by now?

They do not have any obligation towards us. They publish, we test, post logs, AND WHEN A SOLUTION IS FOUND THEY WILL REPUBLISH AND THE CYCLE STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN. PERIOD.

This is not a support forum for a commercial android device. Devs dedicate their time to help us push the boundaries of our TP2's. It's a gift.

Stop complaining, please. If you can't put up with it, then quit and go back to WinMo.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Alright, so I've been using this for a week or so now. I love this so much. I've been using my Rhod210 for music and social networking due to the wonderful keyboard. I've only experienced one issue - the battery life. Battery life is right about eight hours right now with WiFi running and TweetCaster updaing my Twitter feed every hour. I stream Last.fm quite a bit as well. (Can't beat stereo speakers!)

Doing this same thing in WM, I get a battery life of two days (roughly). I have not popped in a SIM card or fooled around with any cellular service. It's basically a PMP right now.

I'm not complaining about the battery, just sharing my experience. I've only had one random reboot when fooling with overclocking. I forgot what the max was for me in WM, and I set it too high. I can't go past 787MHz.

In any case, thanks a ton for this wonderful bit of joy that you guys have provided. It's been so nice being able to play with my Rhodium again. I'm still using my HD2 as my daily driver. I've got a few other newer devices lying around collecting dust. Can't beat the dev work like this! Kudos, kudos, kudos to you guys!

cmantis

Dec 31, 2008
I need some help. I got to the following step

In your CMD window type this command:

Fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery.img

Reboot: (Or hit the reset button)

Fastboot reboot

and now my phone is stuck. It boots and loads minipooploader but says flash_read_image failed and could not do normal boot resorting to fastboot mode. It doesn't seem I can do anything. I try to enter the last two commands before recovery but it says (waiting for device). I can't get it to enter into recovery to flash the next step and apply update from sd card and install cm7.2.

Please someone help me. Hopefully I can fix this as I just got the phone as a replacement for my broken one.

Last edited:

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006

Fastboot reboot

and now my phone is stuck. It boots and loads minipooploader but says flash_read_image failed and could not do normal boot resorting to fastboot mode. It doesn't seem I can do anything. I try to enter the last two commands before recovery but it says (waiting for device). I can't get it to enter into recovery to flash the next step and apply update from sd card and install cm7.2.

Please someone help me. Hopefully I can fix this as I just got the phone as a replacement for my broken one.

Phone connected to pc on reboot?

eurohunter

Jan 5, 2012

Fastboot reboot

After you type "fastboot reboot", once the phone restarts and the blue screen is shown again, press the power button right away and keep it pressed until you go into recovery mode.

cmantis

Dec 31, 2008
After you type "fastboot reboot", once the phone restarts and the blue screen is shown again, press the power button right away and keep it pressed until you go into recovery mode.

When I type in the line into the command window it just says waiting for device. It says on the blue screen usb is online and this is a cold boot. Forcing fast boot but doesn't do anything. If I hold down the power button it will say so on the phone but volume rocker doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to be doing? Hopefully there is a way to fix this. Thanks for your help so far.

ciling

Sep 19, 2009
after tried again the omgb + update the camera kernel, my camera + camcorder worked perfectly (tested), but... the notification light kept on all the time (green when standby, orange when in use). that i think would make the batt drains faster.

so once again i back to this rom with camera working + camcorder working without recording sound (record audio only for the first 2-3 seconds).. but without notification light on. i think this rom is more suitable for my rhodium100....

for viber, i'm using the old version, it's running perfectly.

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using xda premium

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
but... the notification light kept on all the time (green when standby, orange when in use). that i think would make the batt drains faster.

First off, I'm pretty sure you can change the LED state. Second, if you think leaving an LED on is draining your battery you're insane. That LED could probably stay on for 6 months with less than 10% battery, if that's all the battery was powering. Seriously, LED's draw basically 0 power compared to everything else the battery is running.

Edit - To be clear, I really don't care what build you run. I prefer a lot of the features provided in CM... I just want you to know that the LED always on is not going to drain your battery.

Last edited:

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
I knew I kept my old Rhody for a reason! This is awesome, not that I use the phone any more but followed it through just because I could, so well done and awesome work to all those involved.
I've read through the posts but can't seem to find anyone with the same tiny problem, the the end call key is the power button (as well as the power button itself) is there any way to change that in the KeyChars map file perhaps.

eurohunter

Jan 5, 2012
When I type in the line into the command window it just says waiting for device. It says on the blue screen usb is online and this is a cold boot. Forcing fast boot but doesn't do anything. If I hold down the power button it will say so on the phone but volume rocker doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to be doing? Hopefully there is a way to fix this. Thanks for your help so far.

Ok, perhaps the problem is that you are still leaving the phone connected via usb even after the "reboot" command. what I do is, once i type the "fastboot reboot" command and the screen goes off, I disconnect the phone and let it restart. of course as soon as the blue screen shows, I press the power button and keep it pressed until the "power key pressed" shows up (or until I feel a little vibration). after that the phone should get in CWM recovery mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM7 for Rhodium

Big thanks to ACL, detule (agps), pcgg (wifi fix) wizardknight (kernel) and CM7 team for HTC Hero support.

Based on official HTC Hero CyanogenMOD 7.2 and some libs, files, kernel and modules from ACLs OMGB or from Xdandroid nand.

AGPS support is from this link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp2-development/149104-testing-rhod-agps-xtra-support.html

2.6.27 kernel

- native tethering is not working

3.3.6 kernel

- native tethering is not working
    - autobacklight is not working
    - reboot is not working
    - bluetooth only working partial
    - usb mass-storage is not working

3.4.41 kernel

- update cm7.2 to 2013.03.01 hero source
    - update kernel to 3.4.41 from wizardknight
    - reboot and autobacklight work
    - bluetooth please test and report if something not work

For faster gps fix --> enable data or wifi connection and gps --> reboot or use Leo AGPS injector
    gps.conf is setup for europe servers.

Download CM7.2:

2.6.27 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-20120424.zip
    3.3.6 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.3.6-201200523.zip
    CM7.2-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.4.41-201300709.zip

Mirror 1 (MEGA)

How to install starting from Windows Mobile: (HSPL needed on your phone) based on: How to install nand wiki from ACL:

1. install Android-SDK on your Windows PC http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    2. copy files from platform-tools.zip to Android-SDK/platform-tools/
    3. copy cwm_recovery_latest.img to Android-SDK/platform-tools/ (http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list)
    4. copy RHODIMG.NBH = ACLs LK for Rhodium to the root of your sdcard (http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list)
    5. copy CM7.2-xxxx.zip to the root of your sdcard
    6. shut down your phone
    7. connect the phone via USB to your PC
    8. start your phone with Power plus Vol-
    9. phone detect flash image now
    10. flash image
    11. reboot your phone (usb connected)
    12. install HTC android driver (htc android driver.zip)
    13. open windows shell (cmd)
    14. browse to /android-sdk/platform-tools

Next steps are taken from ACLs install wiki:

In your CMD window type these commands:
    1. Fastboot erase recovery
    2. Fastboot erase boot
    3. Fastboot erase misc
    4. Fastboot erase system
    5. Fastboot erase userdata
    6. Fastboot erase cache

Load the cwm_recovery.img with fastboot:

1. Fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery_latest.img

1. Fastboot reboot

Once LK is starting to load (Blue screen) press and hold the "POWER BUTTON" until you feel it vibrate(Top button). LK will let you know when it detected a press. Your recovery should load (If it not work unplug USB cable and reset your phone)

To Navigate in Recovery you can use the Vol UP/DOWN(Move UP/DOWN), END Call Key(Enter/Select) or the keyboard arrows with the enter key.

1. Select "apply update from sdcard".
    2. Select "CM7.2-xxx.zip" and wait for it to finish installing.
    3. Select "reboot system now"

First boot need ~ 5min

GAPPS:

- GAPPS http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Edit build.prop and set ro.telephony.network=4 to get CDMA running thanks argenisaz

Better performance settings

- settings/cyanogenmod --> settings/performance

• Compcache = disabled
    • use JIT = disable
    • surface dithering = disabled
    • use 16bit transparency = enabled (system maybe unstable after this)
    - settings/cyanogenmod --> settings/display

• disable screen off animation
    - settings/display

• animations = no animations
    - settings/ADW launcher --> Drawer settings

• disable animated drawer
    • disable fade app labels
    Changelog:

2013.07.09 update kernel and cm7.2 source, new kernel fixed a lot of problems
    2012.05.23 new 3.3.6 kernel build for GSM, back to acl ramdisk, gsm data and apn fixed
    2012.05.22 added CM7.2 build GSM with new detule 3.3.6 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.3.6-201200522.zip
    2012.05.15 added CM7.2 build GSM and CDMA with new detule 3.3.4 kernel
    2012.04.23 modded ramdisk for ACL kernel https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3OovGFEtCdnSEhMdVZINVlhU2M
    2012.04.20 updated build with ACLs new kernel
    2012.04.16 added link to ACLs new kernel
    2012.04.15 update base to CM-7.2.0 RC1 Hero GSM, zipalign on boot, fix for button backlight
    2012.04.03 fixed keyboard backlight, zipalign all apps
    2012.03.27 first release
    Got a "new" touch pro2. Will update this cm7.2 build. But i will need some time for this.
    I hacked up a zip file that installs the kernel from the latest OMGB release as it has some new battery code. I though I would post it in case someone wants to play with it. The kernel will not work on the 3.x.x versions of this rom I suspect, but I was able to use it with the 2.6.x version. Also some gps libs I pulled from GBX. Not sure if they are newer than the ones in this rom, but there they are. No warranty or support for this is offered. It should be fine, but if your phone becomes Skynet after installing I take no responsibility.
    Information about 3.3.4 kernel build!

- Display will be black if you try to press power and devices sleeps and USB-cable is plugged.
    - without plugged USB-cable display works normal
    - wifi is not working (fixed with 2012-05-22 build)
    - data works only with enabled national/international roaming
    - automatic APN settings did not work
    - autobacklight is not working - switch to manual

- detule 3.3.4 (6) kernel
    - ramdisk modded to work with cm7.2
    - /lib/hw used from Xdandroid GBX0C nand
    - mediaprovider.apk form Xdandroid GBX0C nand (CM7.2 mediaprovider = FC)

CDMA build is not tested.
    Happened again, I made a phone call, the screen went of when I raised the phone near my face, called finished and the screen never came on again, the phone was completely unresponsive. Left alone for a while. Nothing. As as I plugged in the USB cable it rebooted.

Thing is, for me this issue is easy to replicate. It happens only on long calls (over 10 minutes give or take). On short calls I never experience this. But during long calls it happens each and every time.

Posting last kmsg.

Maybe less ram. You run some havy background apps. Try without whatsapp.