Cyanogenmod 10.1 i747 Bug List (Updated Daily)

Search This thread

david.marra

Oct 27, 2010
Installed latest stable release on 2 GS3s - seems like the Google+ locations feature isn't working properly. It doesn't load the map in the background.

Both units have all location services enabled and the latest version of Google Maps installed and working well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

G

GuestK00442

I don't know if this is a bug but I notice everytime I'm on wifi and I leave my phone sit for a long period of time the cell signal will be empty and read. "emergency calls only" and and texts and calls won't go through. After about 5-10 seconds the signal will come back and read AT&T with some bars showing a network signal . I never noticed this before on CM or stock. It's like the cell signal goes to sleep if left idle for too long, is there a way to turn this off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

illmatic24

Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
I don't know if this is a bug but I notice everytime I'm on wifi and I leave my phone sit for a long period of time the cell signal will be empty and read. "emergency calls only" and and texts and calls won't go through. After about 5-10 seconds the signal will come back and read AT&T with some bars showing a network signal . I never noticed this before on CM or stock. It's like the cell signal goes to sleep if left idle for too long, is there a way to turn this off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

I have this exact issue too and it can become annoying. I thought it was somehow related to the radio, but after flashing a few different ones I found no improvement. It seems to happen when the phone switches from HSPA to LTE or vice versa. Could it be some kind of LTE powersave feature?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

ra4013

Oct 13, 2010
Was going to flash a CM 10.1 based Rom, but now having second thoughts after reading the bug list. :-\

sent from my S3 Sammy Bean.

thecapitalr

Sep 16, 2012
Huh. For what it is worth I am on the latest nightly now and was running 7/15 for a few weeks prior. Zero bugs no crashes or anything like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

aboveusonlysky

May 1, 2011
Atlanta
i used the nightlies in the past and i had huge mms issues (not sending). would love to come back does anyone have confirmation this is working now?

david.marra

Oct 27, 2010
i used the nightlies in the past and i had huge mms issues (not sending). would love to come back does anyone have confirmation this is working now?

Out of curiosity...

With all the awesome services/apps that let you share awesome full rez pix why is MMS important?

I can't remember the last time I sent a MMS.

Sent from my GS3

tejajuloori

Jul 12, 2010
Has any of the nightlies after 10.1.2 stable fix the issue where black screen would be shown when you try to start games like subway surfers and alien hive?

tmagritte

Oct 4, 2010
When I plug my S3 into a USB charger it's fine, but if I plug it into a computer's USB port, after I unplug it sometimes continues to claim it's plugged into a USB port in the notification bar (not always) but always has a process named, "msm_otg", that shows up in BetterBatteryStats Kernel Lock section, preventing the phone from ever entering deep sleep and thus draining the battery rapidly. The only fix is to reboot the phone.

Anyone else experiencing this? This has persisted after a factory wipe and in both 10.1.2 and latest nightlies (as of a couple of days ago).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please post any bugs you experienced and what nightly they are found in. This is going to be updated daily starting with the 1/06 nightly. PLEASE check if someone already posted the bug so repeats are minimal. This thread is also intended to be a place to discuss workarounds and fixes for bugs.
    Nightly: 2/21
    Confirmed Bugs:
    -Bluetooth issues (media streaming and calls)
    -random bug where everything is taken as a long press
    -Occasional flickering (very rare)
    .........-FIX: Ktoonsez 4.2.1 Kernel 1/1 Build. Download link: goo(dawt)gl(slash)xUrML
    ........ -FIX2: disable HW overlay in developer options
    -terminal emulator and movie studio force close
    ......... -FIX: delete then install from Play Store
    -Hotspot issues
    ......... -FIX: use SVTP
    -Visual voicemail issues
    -Pandora keyboard issue

Unconfirmed Bugs:
    -MMS issues (works on and off)
    -First few seconds of songs in Apollo are louder than normal.
    -screen mirroring
    -dock audio
    -WiFi stability problems
    -Notification light does not work with unread text messages once the screen has timed out.
    -When pressing the power button to turn screen off, there is a delay.

Resolved Bugs
    -echo when calling using speakerphone
    -Quiet in-call volume
    -ringtone is distorted when on full volume
    -screen flickers when changing volume in YouTube, Google Music, browsers, and some other apps
    -delay for the other person to hear you when your answer the phone call
    Home button randomly bugs out and starts going to the app switcher rather than homescreen. Annoying, but restarting phone fixes it.
    Add This One

Bug:

1) EXTREMELY quiet in-call volume, both with the front facing speaker and the rear speaker phone. This affects all 4.2 AOSP ROMs.

And just so the people who don't search can see it as well :

2) Bluetooth does not work for streaming media, and is flaky for calls

3) Screen flickering in Gallery - hard to recreate on-demand but is definitely there in the Gallery and some other apps. Can be fixed (mostly) by using Ktoonsz's 4.2.1 kernel ( I have had the best results with the 1/1 test release and can provide a link if needed). Disabling HW Overlay on Developer Options can help most cases of this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Add This One

Bug:

1) EXTREMELY quiet in-call volume, both with the front facing speaker and the rear speaker phone. This affects all 4.2 AOSP ROMs.

And just so the people who don't search can see it as well :

2) Bluetooth does not work for streaming media, and is flaky for calls

3) Screen flickering in Gallery - hard to recreate on-demand but is definitely there in the Gallery and some other apps. Can be fixed (mostly) by using Ktoonsz's 4.2.1 kernel ( I have had the best results with the 1/1 test release and can provide a link if needed). Disabling HW Overlay on Developer Options can help most cases of this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I appreciate your help.
    No but I figured the fact that there was nothing on the phone but a stock rooted image and the rom zips meant there would be nothing to get rid of.

You need to fully wipe System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache whenever you switch from a stock TW based ROM to an AOSP based ROM.