• Thread starter LegionTHEFecalExcretion
  • Start date
Search This thread

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
It's in the play store now but graphics don't look this God unless you grab the files from a shield device. Sad thing is my note 3 doesn't play the ultra setting as well as this tegra 3 device does.. I'm going to tweak somethings to try to make it play better but damn I thought 3gb ram and a snapdragon 800 would play this with no problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Paulhxc

Nov 29, 2012
San Jose
Just figured I'd save everyone some frustration when it comes to Dead Trigger 2. Unfortunately since it's not available on Google Play even with the xposed mod, it has to be sideloaded from another Android device. A tegra based device specifically. But even then the apk will refuse to install. After taking a look at the apk's androidmanifest.xml file I found it requires the Google Maps system library. After editing these permissions out and repacking the apk it installed fine and the game works perfectly. As with the original Dead Trigger you'll need a keyboard in order to properly map the controls on first run. :cowboy:

Please give me a copy! :) i really apreciated! hugs from costa rica

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

Finally got around to adding in the OUYA cover image and coding. It installs right over the first version I made.

KcT5fn5l.jpg

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

updated the thread with official information, Happy Halloween everyone!!

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

I got the game up and running but i can not press play. none of the buttons on the controller work, they mouse and keyboard combo (Lodgitech K400r) doesn't let me click play either. :(

Here is a quick video of the issue I did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYkbG5qnCKQ

You need to use a regular USB keyboard, not a wireless one, and press "enter" on the numpad on the far right of the keyboard. That will get you past the main menu, once you have started playing the first level press "esc" then use the keyboard's arrow keys and the "enter" button again to navigate the options menu so you can remap the controls for the OUYA.

GarbageGamer

Jul 16, 2013
You need to use a regular USB keyboard, not a wireless one, and press "enter" on the numpad on the far right of the keyboard. That will get you past the main menu, once you have started playing the first level press "esc" then use the keyboard's arrow keys and the "enter" button again to navigate the options menu so you can remap the controls for the OUYA.

well it sorta worked lol, needs some more modding to work without needing a hardwired keyboard.I did run into where after you do the tutorial missions It asked to give it a username and password. I typed in my username just fine but for some reason when it goes to password i cant type anything in...even with the wired keyboard plugged in, same issue as before I can click on anything nor type anything in....>_> ill stick to the first dead trigger since it lets me SHOOT MY OWN GUN lol instead of this auto fire crap.

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

Don't give up so easily. Many of the issues you've run into have been well documented and solved on a thread in the unofficial OUYA forums.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?7314-Dead-Trigger-2

Also, you can enable manual fire in the options menu.

The bug you are running into is one I am familiar with. Uninstalling and re-installing the apk causes this strange bug where it won't allow you to put your username in even with the usb keyboard. The only solution i've found to get around that is Dead Trigger 2 does recognize the MOGA series of controllers for that menu, allowing you to click on and enter your user information. Here's how I explained it in the OUYA forums thread.

LightyKD and patrickjd2000, i've figured out a work around for your situation. I encountered the exact same thing myself and after trying everything I could think of I used a Moga controller since Dead Trigger 2 was optimized for it and it brought up the text entry box whenever I clicked on it. The game is looking for specific keybindings for that text box thing which is weird. I guess worse comes to worst you could go buy a moga controller at walmart and then return it immediately afterwards.

One important thing I should mention, is if you have it installed and it's working fine, DO NOT uninstall, use directory bind, or mess with the apk in anyway. This will cause the bug that LightyKD, patrickjd2000, and myself encountered and you will need a moga controller to get it working.

It's far from perfect, but once you deal with the controller bindings and load a cloudsave past the tutorials Dead Trigger 2 is completely playable. I'm almost at the end of the Africa campaign myself.

Last edited:

zurien

Sep 12, 2012
I got the game running just fine.

Only issues I've got is how to pick up items that are ready from the middle table.
Also, how to use the health boost (cross under the gun icon top right on screen) while playing.

Play it more on my nexus 7 atm. because of this.

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

zurien,

In regards to picking up items from the table, there are two ways to do it. Once you've unlocked all the shops and the table gets upgraded to 6 squares instead of the initial 3, then you'll be able to select items from the table using the controller.

Personally what I do is use the same account as my Nexus 7 and pick up the items on there then load up the game on my OUYA. Kind of a pain but it works well enough due to everything going through the cloud.

Also for health boost, I just assigned the Item 1 button to d-pad up and item 2 to d-pad down. D-pad up lets me use the health boost. Can't seem to find a button binding for item 3 though.

I may look at fixing some of these issues in future updates but no promises, i've been trying to learn enough about Unity3D to get Deadzone working as well and it's absolutely exhausting.

Last edited:
L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

updated to app version v0.02.2 and changed cover image.

if you're updating from a previous version the apk will install over either of the previous versions, and you will also need to use the new obb file included in v3

sasuke1981

Aug 25, 2013
it work fine :) some bugs here and there but nothing so important...sometimes i get stuck after selected an item on the table and cursor disappear...but i restart the game and it work again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for all your kind words everyone. It's always reassuring to hear people are enjoying what I've put out there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Legion, really cool of you. Works a treat as usual.