X1ButtonMapper - Extends the keyboard and other buttons

Search This thread

syrinx

Jan 27, 2007
Thanks for this soft who promises a lot.

I use it only to be able to open the 'Start menu' with the left soft key. My problem is: if I click too short, it opens Notes (I use Soft Key applet to remap), if I click too long, nothing happens. The range time to open 'Start menu' is too short and 75 % I'm unable to open the 'Start menu'.

Have you an idea how to solve this? Maybe it's due to the Soft Key applet?

Dandie

Apr 14, 2005
if I click too long, nothing happens. The range time to open 'Start menu' is too short and 75 % I'm unable to open the 'Start menu'.

Have you an idea how to solve this? Maybe it's due to the Soft Key applet?

There is no such thing as too long pressing for my program. It actually triggers the long press action immediatly when a specific time (~500 ms) has been exceeded without releasing the button. This way you can see that the long press has been detected by sseing that the corresponding action has been triggered. I wanted it to be that way so you don't need "feel" the correct timing.

Regrding your problem: Sending the Win key via MortScript doesn't seem to reliably open the start menu for whatever reason. I changed the script to Tap(0, 1) and it works reliable now. Try that!

syrinx

Jan 27, 2007
Thanks for your quick reply.

Sorry I don't understand. I use already the last version 1.2. What do I have to change?

Dandie

Apr 14, 2005
@syrinx
Just change the content of \X1ButtonMapper\lSoft_long.mscr to Tap(1, 1).

syrinx

Jan 27, 2007
In this file, it was: SendSpecial("Win"). When I click on the script, it works, the Win start menu opens.

I replace this by the line: Tap(1, 1). But I get the error: "Unknown command 'tap', Line: Tap(1, 1).

I use the las version of Morscript, version 4.1.

I begin to see the problem. I've modified your script like this:
SendSpecial("Win")
Message("Hello")

When I'm on the Today page, I click a long time on the left soft key: the Sart Windows menu doesn't open, but I see the message 'hello'.

Strange... maybe a bug in Morscript?

Last edited:

Dandie

Apr 14, 2005
I replace this by the line: Tap(1, 1). But I get the error: "Unknown command 'tap', Line: Tap(1, 1).
Maybe it is SendTap(), have a look into the Commands.txt of Mortscript.

Strange... maybe a bug in Morscript?

No, I think this is more or less a Windows Mobile "bug" or even related specifically to the XPERIA ROM. The thing is, that the WIN key is not the same as the hardware key for opening the start menu. The hardware WIN key does more than that.

The hardware key (on the keyboard) actually sends the following:
VK_LWIN + WM_KEYDOWN
VK_LWIN + WM_KEYUP
(VK_APPS when start menu is open)

I'm not sure if this can be fully emulated by mortscript, since it doesn't distingiush between LWIN and RWIN. Just use SendTap() - it's less elegant but works without problem for me.

syrinx

Jan 27, 2007
I've understood what you want, and it works!

I replace by this "MouseClick(5, 5)". SendTap doesn't exist! I change for (5, 5) because I use a battery gauge at the top of the screen.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

syrinx

Jan 27, 2007
I noticed that the short tap on OK doesn't work too fine for me. For example, in Notes, you open a note. With the original script, you can close Notes. But when you re-open Notes but you come back inside the note that you opened before.

I tried this: SendOK() but it doesn't work when you are in another software with a cross box to close.

I changed for this (which isn't a nice way to program?...):
string = ScreenWidth()
MouseClick(string - 5, 5)

Last edited:

nurps

Dec 8, 2008
TF3D overrides the left and right softkeys, what about your software, can it override TF3Ds override?

fast rock

Jan 29, 2009
Hello,
If I uninstall your program does it effect the original buttons functions?
I mean does every thing go back to normal?

Dandie

Apr 14, 2005
In the latest version of the software, as I was writing before, you can simply delete the ok_short.mscr and the original ok function should be restored.

Regarding remapping the softkey short presses, this is possible with the built in button settings already.

Regarding uninstall, since there is no installation, there is also no uninstall! Simply don't execute the program or remove the autostart link and everything is back to normal, absolutely clean!

zb6673

Mar 17, 2006
Holding Fn down and tapping Tab just produces on Tab,
not Tab for every press. When I need many Tab's, I need
release Fn, press Tab, release Fn, press Tab

I LOVE this idea...and have it all working except the TAB...I understand what you are doing but I use the keyboard a lot and use the TAB to select from the list of available words...you need to press tab multiple times to select the right one (if there are several available)...this I miss...!

Is there anyway to make the TAB switching to CTRL optional?

Still, VERY nice work!

Dandie

Apr 14, 2005
I LOVE this idea...and have it all working except the TAB...I understand what you are doing but I use the keyboard a lot and use the TAB to select from the list of available words...you need to press tab multiple times to select the right one (if there are several available)...this I miss...!

Is there anyway to make the TAB switching to CTRL optional?

Still, VERY nice work!
Sure it would be possible, but I think that X1BC can do all you want and there's pretty much nothing left that my program can do better - so give that a try. JKingDev may even implement stuff you miss. You can find his thread close by.

punkaled

Jun 9, 2006
i like this app but uts a shame it screws up the tab key as i use it a lot, if you could have an option to keep tab normal and use fn+tab for ctrl it would be perfect, is this likely to be implemented in a future version?

Dandie

Apr 14, 2005
IMHO au button is better than tab. Great app btw.

Well, everybody has a different opinion about this. Some would like Win key, some tab, some SYM, some au and so on. I know my App isn't flexible with this but I developed it within 3 days and I haven't got the time or, let's say the understanding of my family, to react to these requests. That's why JKingDev started to develop X1BC which can do many of the things you people like.

So why did I choose Tab? Because it can be almost fully replaced by the directional pad since WM5 (for navigating forms at least). I provided the original tab functionality together with Fn for people who desperately need it.

Why not SYM: Because it can't be blocked by the system/software.

Why not WIN: Because it causes some side effects (ask JKingDev about it) and simply because I'm using it.

Why not äu? Because it turned out useful. Try - + äu and you will get _, try / + äu, and you'll get \.

So the most useless key in my point of view is tab, because the directional pad replaces it in forms navigation and I just hated to press it by accident when typing in text, but that's my personal view, I know.

SaintX6

May 2, 2009
Hmm... i cant seem to remove the the x1buttonmapper.exe link from my autostart when i wanted to uninstall it. Is this suppose to happen?

Dandie

Apr 14, 2005
Hmm... i cant seem to remove the the x1buttonmapper.exe link from my autostart when i wanted to uninstall it. Is this suppose to happen?

There is no uninstallation since there is no installation either (no registry keys etc.). Simply removing the folder should do it. I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to delete the startup link.

SaintX6

May 2, 2009
Yea i understand that there is no uninstallation, therefore i have undone everything i did earlier to install, the last thing is to remove the file from the startup folder, but it says error deleting file.