[ROM][NAND][CM7.2]unofficial Android 2.3.7 for Rhodium 2013.07.09

Search This thread

Slipdoozy

Aug 3, 2008
Done, same as before. Attached Log.

And the file was never named "gralloc.rhodium.so" it was "gralloc.default.so" Before I renamed it.

EDIT: I decided to give your build 1 more try, just in case something somehow went wrong somewhere the first time. Big surprise! It's working this time. Booted into android, everything looking good so far, but uh.... No service, and com.android.phone keeps failing to work. I'm guessing the reason should be obvious. :)

CM7 2.zip contains the Logcat for your build.

could it be possible to send me your cdma version?
im freshly into OMGB myself and wouldnt mide trying others
just pm me url to download thanks in advance. :)

xXHawkeyeXx

Dec 26, 2009
Rochester
could it be possible to send me your cdma version?
im freshly into OMGB myself and wouldnt mide trying others
just pm me url to download thanks in advance. :)

I don't think the CDMA Version I put together will get you any closer to having this working on CDMA than Walter's GSM one will. ;)

When I tried the CDMA one, it had more problems than his, I couldn't access a darn thing, and I noticed the whole time that I had "No Service" :(

His at least fully loads and works, except for the fact that it's GSM so... Still no service. :p

I don't know what changes would have to be made for turning it from GSM to CDMA... I was waiting for Walter to get back to me on that. :)

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I don't know what changes would have to be made for turning it from GSM to CDMA... I was waiting for Walter to get back to me on that. :)

Maybe I'm crazy, but why not just take our RIL? At least the one that's in OMGB. Worth a shot.

Hero is similar hardware in the processor department, but they never made a GSM/CDMA Hero ;). One or the other!

xXHawkeyeXx

Dec 26, 2009
Rochester
Maybe I'm crazy, but why not just take our RIL? At least the one that's in OMGB. Worth a shot.

Hero is similar hardware in the processor department, but they never made a GSM/CDMA Hero ;). One or the other!

Hmmmm.... I'm not an expert in this stuff, but from a little research, I take it you mean the file called "Rild" in the "bin" folder? something to do with Radio Interface. :rolleyes:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Hmmmm.... I'm not an expert in this stuff, but from a little research, I take it you mean the file called "Rild" in the "bin" folder? something to do with Radio Interface. :rolleyes:

libhtcgeneric-ril.so, in /system/lib is what I meant... I don't know if rild would be or not. There's another libril.so component as well...

xXHawkeyeXx

Dec 26, 2009
Rochester
libhtcgeneric-ril.so, in /system/lib is what I meant... I don't know if rild would be or not. There's another libril.so component as well...

It would appear that Walter has already used the Ril from OMGB.... at least it's exactly the same size, and made no difference. :(

I didn't try that Rild file, but I'm just somehow doubting it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
It would appear that Walter has already used the Ril from OMGB.... at least it's exactly the same size, and made no difference. :(

I didn't try that Rild file, but I'm just somehow doubting it. :rolleyes:

I use ACL OMGB files. For Hero CDMA rom you have to edit the build.prop too. You have to change the path for the ril.

Found a new problem for GSM build. /system/lib/hw/sensor.rhodium.so If i use OMGB file i got black screen during call. Screen will not wake up. Only fix delete this file.

Last edited:

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
I use ACL OMGB files. For Hero CDMA rom you have to edit the build.prop too. You have to change the path for the ril.

Found a new problem for GSM build. /system/lib/hw/sensor.rhodium.so If i use OMGB file i got black screen during call. Screen will not wake up. Only fix delete this file.

I haven't this problem on my Rhod100. Proximity is working OK with build downloaded from this thread (no change made by myself)

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
Which radio version did you use?

But now I found big problem. Outgoing call is OK, but if the incomming call, my phone don't ringing, no screen wake up, only orange LED lights for the very short time (0,5 sec.) and in call log I see the regulary record about received call (NOT missed call). On other call side it seems as if I refused the call.
Because monday is comming and this phone is my daily work phone, I must go back to WinMo now, but if you have any idea what is bad, I will try it later.

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
Found the fix for keyboard backlight problem.

It is a framework-res.apk problem.

Code:
 <integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessKeyboardBacklightValues">

value are set to "0"

And maybe i fouind the fix for wifi tethering

Code:
    <string-array name="config_tether_wifi_regexs">
        <item>wl0.1</item>
        <item>eth0\\d</item>
    </string-array>
    <array name="config_tether_dhcp_range" />
    <string-array name="config_tether_upstream_regexs">
        <item>rmnet\\d</item>
        <item>ppp\\d</item>

Last edited:
Reactions: rete

CodaHighland

Feb 24, 2012
If the experiences running GBX0B are any indication, the problem with tethering is in part a small bug in the kernel driver and in part a need for updated wifi firmware. Unfortunately, if you're still using a 2.6.27 kernel (I haven't checked) the driver isn't compatible with the firmware that fixes tethering. And if that's the case, well, please keep the community posted with your NAND porting efforts for a 3.2 kernel!

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
If the experiences running GBX0B are any indication, the problem with tethering is in part a small bug in the kernel driver and in part a need for updated wifi firmware. Unfortunately, if you're still using a 2.6.27 kernel (I haven't checked) the driver isn't compatible with the firmware that fixes tethering. And if that's the case, well, please keep the community posted with your NAND porting efforts for a 3.2 kernel!

I tried to port 3.2 kernel. But no luck. Is there a how to port sd kernel ?

New build is online. 20120403

- fixed backlight problem
- added ics theme and bootanimation

CodaHighland

Feb 24, 2012
If there was an easy way to do the port, we would have done it by now. ^^; What you're going to have to do is find the patch set used to make the 2.6.27 NAND kernel and port that to 3.2 (preferably something 3.2.12 or later, there's a lot of fixes on post-3.2.11). Since the kernel architecture has changed in that time, it's going to be no small amount of work, and I don't know where to find that patch set in the first place. It's not an impossible task by any means but it isn't for the faint of heart.

detule

Jan 30, 2010

Yes, I posted that in reference to your question "howto make kernel nand" -> follow acl-s commit history, he too started with a non-nand base.

Yes, that's the kernel side of wifi-tethering fix for 3.2 (the other side being the updated firmware) but it's worthless for .27 (and perhaps not needed there) because in .27 we are using a different wifi driver. Could be that wifi tethering "just works" in .27 with the updated firmware.

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
Yes, I posted that in reference to your question "howto make kernel nand" -> follow acl-s commit history, he too started with a non-nand base.

Yes, that's the kernel side of wifi-tethering fix for 3.2 (the other side being the updated firmware) but it's worthless for .27 (and perhaps not needed there) because in .27 we are using a different wifi driver. Could be that wifi tethering "just works" in .27 with the updated firmware.

I cloned acl kernel source and edit dhd_linux.c. I need some help with compile the kernel.

Can you post the needed steps?

I tried this but no luck.

cp arch/arm/configs/htc_msm_nand_defconfig .config
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM=msm7k
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM=msm7k modules
rm -rf modules_path
mkdir modules_path
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM=msm7k INSTALL_MOD_PATH=modules_path modules_installcd ..

Last edited:

CodaHighland

Feb 24, 2012

I was under the impression from discussion in #xdandroid that the new firmware doesn't work with the driver in .27. If I recall correctly, this was the reason I updated to 3.2 in the first place (much as the reason I moved to GBX was to fix acoustic).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM7 for Rhodium

Big thanks to ACL, detule (agps), pcgg (wifi fix) wizardknight (kernel) and CM7 team for HTC Hero support.

Based on official HTC Hero CyanogenMOD 7.2 and some libs, files, kernel and modules from ACLs OMGB or from Xdandroid nand.

AGPS support is from this link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp2-development/149104-testing-rhod-agps-xtra-support.html

2.6.27 kernel

- native tethering is not working

3.3.6 kernel

- native tethering is not working
    - autobacklight is not working
    - reboot is not working
    - bluetooth only working partial
    - usb mass-storage is not working

3.4.41 kernel

- update cm7.2 to 2013.03.01 hero source
    - update kernel to 3.4.41 from wizardknight
    - reboot and autobacklight work
    - bluetooth please test and report if something not work

For faster gps fix --> enable data or wifi connection and gps --> reboot or use Leo AGPS injector
    gps.conf is setup for europe servers.

Download CM7.2:

2.6.27 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-20120424.zip
    3.3.6 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.3.6-201200523.zip
    CM7.2-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.4.41-201300709.zip

Mirror 1 (MEGA)

How to install starting from Windows Mobile: (HSPL needed on your phone) based on: How to install nand wiki from ACL:

1. install Android-SDK on your Windows PC http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    2. copy files from platform-tools.zip to Android-SDK/platform-tools/
    3. copy cwm_recovery_latest.img to Android-SDK/platform-tools/ (http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list)
    4. copy RHODIMG.NBH = ACLs LK for Rhodium to the root of your sdcard (http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list)
    5. copy CM7.2-xxxx.zip to the root of your sdcard
    6. shut down your phone
    7. connect the phone via USB to your PC
    8. start your phone with Power plus Vol-
    9. phone detect flash image now
    10. flash image
    11. reboot your phone (usb connected)
    12. install HTC android driver (htc android driver.zip)
    13. open windows shell (cmd)
    14. browse to /android-sdk/platform-tools

Next steps are taken from ACLs install wiki:

In your CMD window type these commands:
    1. Fastboot erase recovery
    2. Fastboot erase boot
    3. Fastboot erase misc
    4. Fastboot erase system
    5. Fastboot erase userdata
    6. Fastboot erase cache

Load the cwm_recovery.img with fastboot:

In your CMD window type this command:
    1. Fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery_latest.img

Reboot: (Or hit the reset button)

In your CMD window type this command:
    1. Fastboot reboot

Once LK is starting to load (Blue screen) press and hold the "POWER BUTTON" until you feel it vibrate(Top button). LK will let you know when it detected a press. Your recovery should load (If it not work unplug USB cable and reset your phone)

To Navigate in Recovery you can use the Vol UP/DOWN(Move UP/DOWN), END Call Key(Enter/Select) or the keyboard arrows with the enter key.

1. Select "apply update from sdcard".
    2. Select "CM7.2-xxx.zip" and wait for it to finish installing.
    3. Select "reboot system now"

First boot need ~ 5min

GAPPS:

- GAPPS http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Edit build.prop and set ro.telephony.network=4 to get CDMA running thanks argenisaz

Better performance settings

- settings/cyanogenmod --> settings/performance

• Compcache = disabled
    • use JIT = disable
    • surface dithering = disabled
    • use 16bit transparency = enabled (system maybe unstable after this)
    - settings/cyanogenmod --> settings/display

• disable screen off animation
    - settings/display

• animations = no animations
    - settings/ADW launcher --> Drawer settings

• disable animated drawer
    • disable fade app labels
    Changelog:

2013.07.09 update kernel and cm7.2 source, new kernel fixed a lot of problems
    2012.05.23 new 3.3.6 kernel build for GSM, back to acl ramdisk, gsm data and apn fixed
    2012.05.22 added CM7.2 build GSM with new detule 3.3.6 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.3.6-201200522.zip
    2012.05.15 added CM7.2 build GSM and CDMA with new detule 3.3.4 kernel
    2012.04.23 modded ramdisk for ACL kernel https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3OovGFEtCdnSEhMdVZINVlhU2M
    2012.04.20 updated build with ACLs new kernel
    2012.04.16 added link to ACLs new kernel
    2012.04.15 update base to CM-7.2.0 RC1 Hero GSM, zipalign on boot, fix for button backlight
    2012.04.03 fixed keyboard backlight, zipalign all apps
    2012.03.27 first release
    Got a "new" touch pro2. Will update this cm7.2 build. But i will need some time for this.
    I hacked up a zip file that installs the kernel from the latest OMGB release as it has some new battery code. I though I would post it in case someone wants to play with it. The kernel will not work on the 3.x.x versions of this rom I suspect, but I was able to use it with the 2.6.x version. Also some gps libs I pulled from GBX. Not sure if they are newer than the ones in this rom, but there they are. No warranty or support for this is offered. It should be fine, but if your phone becomes Skynet after installing I take no responsibility.
    Information about 3.3.4 kernel build!

- Display will be black if you try to press power and devices sleeps and USB-cable is plugged.
    - without plugged USB-cable display works normal
    - wifi is not working (fixed with 2012-05-22 build)
    - data works only with enabled national/international roaming
    - automatic APN settings did not work
    - autobacklight is not working - switch to manual

- detule 3.3.4 (6) kernel
    - ramdisk modded to work with cm7.2
    - /lib/hw used from Xdandroid GBX0C nand
    - mediaprovider.apk form Xdandroid GBX0C nand (CM7.2 mediaprovider = FC)

CDMA build is not tested.
    Happened again, I made a phone call, the screen went of when I raised the phone near my face, called finished and the screen never came on again, the phone was completely unresponsive. Left alone for a while. Nothing. As as I plugged in the USB cable it rebooted.

Thing is, for me this issue is easy to replicate. It happens only on long calls (over 10 minutes give or take). On short calls I never experience this. But during long calls it happens each and every time.

Posting last kmsg.

Maybe less ram. You run some havy background apps. Try without whatsapp.