[Q] suspected case of Virus/hijacked case on Nexus 7 2013

Search This thread

peter19220

Sep 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Hello everyone,
Recently, when I'm using Facebook, my Nexus 7 (2013) sometimes gets unresponsive, like when I try to scroll down, it won't. But then, few seconds later, it works. I guess it is my finger problem.
Just 10 minutes ago, I connected it to my wifi, then weird things happened.
It was like being hijacked, being remotely controlled. I didn't do anything but it opened files, gmail, switching pages.
With difficult, I was still managed to shut it down.
My spec:
Nexus 7 2013
stock 4.4.2
rooted

I am wondering if it is virus? Can I turn on my Nexus 7 (2013)? Should I try to connect to my wifi again?
Or should I factory reset it ? What about my data? Should I back them up?

I hope it is my illusion that my Nexus 7 (2013) has been hijacked. I don't know much about Android security. Thank you very much in advance!:laugh:

peter19220

Sep 8, 2013
Hong Kong
have you cleaned your screen recently?

ive had this sort of thing happen with a dirty screen

Yes, I constantly clean my screen with screen cleaning kit.
I turned on my Nexus 7 2013 a few hours ago. Nothing weird happens since.
I used avast! Free edition to scan my device. It turned out nothing was wrong.
I would assume uncontrollable issue was due to my dirty screen lol
Thanks for the reply!

Hello everyone,
Recently, when I'm using Facebook, my Nexus 7 (2013) sometimes gets unresponsive, like when I try to scroll down, it won't. But then, few seconds later, it works. I guess it is my finger problem.
Just 10 minutes ago, I connected it to my wifi, then weird things happened.
It was like being hijacked, being remotely controlled. I didn't do anything but it opened files, gmail, switching pages.
With difficult, I was still managed to shut it down.
My spec:
Nexus 7 2013
stock 4.4.2
rooted

I am wondering if it is virus? Can I turn on my Nexus 7 (2013)? Should I try to connect to my wifi again?
Or should I factory reset it ? What about my data? Should I back them up?

I hope it is my illusion that my Nexus 7 (2013) has been hijacked. I don't know much about Android security. Thank you very much in advance!:laugh:

have you downloaded an Android antivirus application and scanned the device yet?

Android malware has the capability to do what your saying but that type of malware is still uncommon.

EDIT: just saw you reply. my bad

Last edited:

peter19220

Sep 8, 2013
Hong Kong
have you downloaded an Android antivirus application and scanned the device yet?

Android malware has the capability to do what your saying but that type of malware is still uncommon.

EDIT: just saw you reply. my bad

Thank you for your reply!
Yes, I did at that time. I used Avast! Free edition and nothing was wrong.
I didn't reset to factory setting or flash another ROM.
The condition I mentioned hasn't happened since.
Thank you:)