[Q] "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." boot loop

Search This thread

woowhee

Jan 30, 2014
I flashed a new ROM (after backing up, wiping, etc.) and finished restoring via Titanium. Then I rebooted my phone, but once I got out of the boot animation, I was greeted with "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." Then I was thrown back into the boot animation, then back to the message, then back into boot animation, etc., etc.

Anyone know how I can fix this? Do I have to go back to a full factory reset and start all over again?

Last edited:

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
I bet my toothbrush that the cause was titanium backup and or the data that you restored.
Never restore system data, only user apps / data.

Reactions: woowhee

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Or you never wiped data flashing the new rom

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

kitoos

Apr 9, 2011
Vigo
Sometimes, when I restore my data o get same error. I always do wipe cache and problem solved.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

WoodburyMan

Jun 7, 2011
Connecticut
Are you installing the Google Dialer addon when you install the new rom? if so you have to first flash your regular rom and gapps, boot, configure things, go back to recovery then flash Google Dialer.

Also this would happen if you were to flash a new build of CM that has the Open Source Reverse Lookup (Open source Google Dialer like feature), then flash another ROM that doesnt have it without clearing data.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
You just reminded me that I bought a new toothbrush at work today and I've left it in my van. Thanks. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It sounds like a bad flash. I would wipe and reflash the rom.
    I bet my toothbrush that the cause was titanium backup and or the data that you restored.
    Never restore system data, only user apps / data.