installing some apps

Search This thread

dipdap

Jul 7, 2009
Maybe someone can help: I installed the ebay app from the appstore within the gearmanager. It installs fine on my Phone, but I get an error from gearmanager saying it can't be installed.
I think the error is for installing it on the gear 2, because I can't find it back in my apps.
the same thing happens with apps like CNN and Watch Styler. they are all apps where you have a Phone app that installs and and a part that goes to the gear 2.
thanks for the help and hopefully answers

Reactions: Skolar72

Skolar72

Feb 6, 2014
I'm having the same issue. My wife has a non rooted Note 3 everything installs good on her phone CNN & EBay Gear apps. I'm rooted running Dynamic Kat 2.0 I don't have any luck. Does anyone know how to fix this.

tamerjammer

Mar 30, 2005
Hi guys this is what I found so far I think the problem is with apps that need permissions these fail to install however apps that don't need permission install with no issues

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

sandman7793

Apr 24, 2012
Naples
www.infinitygigabyte.com
Hi guys this is what I found so far I think the problem is with apps that need permissions these fail to install however apps that don't need permission install with no issues

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I woke up this morning to a fix, I can now install apps with a custom rom.

Nice....

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

sandman7793

Apr 24, 2012
Naples
www.infinitygigabyte.com
OK heres what I did. Also to note I'm on the AT&T Note 3.

If you followed this guide below reverse all steps and remove everything they said to do first before you proceed.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2723862

1 Power off watch
2 Go to application manager and uninstall Samsung Apps, gear manager, connection manager, host manager, basically anything that has a icon of the gear watch next to it.
3 Go here post 3310 and get Samsung Apps and gear manager. Also hit that thanks button for BeastSpencer.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2709701

4 Make sure to turn off xposed module for gear notification hide. (If using it)
5 Reboot phone into recovery (I use safe strap, dang bootloader lock)
6 Now flash the Samsung Apps you downloaded earlier.
7 Wipe cache/dalvik them reboot.
8 After fully booted, start Samsung Apps and it will say it needs to update, let it do so.
9 Reboot back into recovery and flash hear manager.
10 Wipe cache/dalvik again, reboot.
11 Now power on watch.
12 Start gear manager and it will need update, let it do so.
13 When it's done updating try connecting to watch, it will say watch needs restored, let it do so, after reboot, it will try and connect, you will have to accept all the Eula again and confirm pass code.
14 Let it all settle in and then try to install the eBay app, if all went well you will be golden.
15 Profit from your success. Lol

Last edited:

irresisti

Feb 28, 2007
Pattaya

If you followed this guide below reverse all steps and remove everything they said to do first before you proceed.

1 Power off watch
2 Go to application manager and uninstall Samsung Apps, gear manager, connection manager, host manager, basically anything that has a icon of the gear watch next to it.
3 Go here post 3310 and get Samsung Apps and gear manager. Also hit that thanks button for BeastSpencer.

8 After fully booted, start Samsung Apps and it will say it needs to update, let it do so.
11 Now power on watch.
13 When it's done updating try connecting to watch, it will say watch needs restored, let it do so, after reboot, it will try and connect, you will have to accept all the Eula again and confirm pass code.
14 Let it all settle in and then try to install the eBay app, if all went well you will be golden.

It did not work for me on a Note 2 running ditto ROM
The zip's did not install the apps

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
I had issues when i first got the gear. So I reflashed my rom. Then I was able to install apps. Then one by one I started uninstalling the apps II usually do. Turns out it was something with Samsung Hub. As soon as I uninstalled it, apps stopped installing on my gear. Tried re installing Hub and it still didn't work. So reflashed rom again and got it working again. Haven't touched hub anymore.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dipdap

Jul 7, 2009
Well I finally got things working on my note 2.
I guess it has somethings to do with kitkat, because I went back to a custom rom with android 4.3, everything works fine then,
when I flash a 4.4 rom it does not work anymore, no watchstyler, CNN or Ebay.
So for now it is android 4.3, just to have it working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1 Power off watch

11 Now power on watch.

Maybe someone can help: I installed the ebay app from the appstore within the gearmanager. It installs fine on my Phone, but I get an error from gearmanager saying it can't be installed.
    I think the error is for installing it on the gear 2, because I can't find it back in my apps.
    the same thing happens with apps like CNN and Watch Styler. they are all apps where you have a Phone app that installs and and a part that goes to the gear 2.
    thanks for the help and hopefully answers
    thanx sandman it worked you're the best

Glad to hear. I know how frustrating this has been. It's plagued me since I bought my watch.

I'm so glad that I can use the watch styler app now, even though it's not the most intuitive app in the app store.