phone app/status bar freezes

Search This thread

razzledazzle83

Oct 13, 2013
Hi guys,

my status bar or phone app (I'm not exactly sure which one it is) freezes everytime I call someone or pick up the phone.
After I hang up it looks like this (first screenshot)
This is how it looks using a rooted phone with official .14 firmware. Pretty much the whole phone freezes respectively gets very slow. Pretty much everything I can do then is wipe the wallpaper (background picture withe the tree) to the left or right but the apps stay the same, so it doesn't really wipe to the left or right, just the wallpaper is moving.
I then updated to official .17 firmware using Sony PC Companion. That didn't solve the problem. So I did a factory reset. But I'm still having this problem (second screenshot), except that it does wipe correctly and I can open apps although they open very slowly
The phone is unrooted, never mind the root checker apps in this pic

Xperia L C2105
Android Version 4.2.2
Build ID 15.3.A.1.17
Board ID 8x30
Chipset Platform msm8960

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-05-17-12-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-05-17-12-52.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_2014-07-06-14-49-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-06-14-49-18.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 77

razzledazzle83

Oct 13, 2013
Never mind. Did a second factory reset and now it'working like a charm again. Still, would like to know what could have caused this problem. If anyone knows the answer please let me know.

Kosa02

Jan 2, 2014
Dzbel
Never mind. Did a second factory reset and now it'working like a charm again. Still, would like to know what could have caused this problem. If anyone knows the answer please let me know.

I had clear install of 15.3.A.1.17 and this happended to me too. It will be this ROMs bug.. Sony stock rom has few bugs.. and this is one of them. And they most probably won't ever fix them.

razzledazzle83

Oct 13, 2013
I had clear install of 15.3.A.1.17 and this happended to me too. It will be this ROMs bug.. Sony stock rom has few bugs.. and this is one of them. And they most probably won't ever fix them.

well, this is just great. good job, Sony. so what can I do about it? since this pesky little bug occurred again after a few days of fresh install

Kosa02

Jan 2, 2014
Dzbel
As you say.. they made me so mad about them.
Well I think only thing you can do is to try to install CM or other KitKat rom.. because there's none 4.2.2 rom with fixes. I use CM 11 these days .. and it is almost bugless. It doesn't look like Sony UI but in a special way .. it is much more better. Also KitKat is way more optimized.. smooth and stable than 4.2.2 . Phone runs on 1.2 GHz and has same consumtion like 4.2 with same usage.

Last edited:
Reactions: razzledazzle83

arpit4

Jun 2, 2014
Agra
well, this is just great. good job, Sony. so what can I do about it? since this pesky little bug occurred again after a few days of fresh install

There's a simple fix to it, whenever it occurs, just turn off your screen and back on, and everything works normally.
Hope so they fix this bug soon, Sony doesn't care about it's old products anymore.

Sent from my C2104 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you say.. they made me so mad about them.
    Well I think only thing you can do is to try to install CM or other KitKat rom.. because there's none 4.2.2 rom with fixes. I use CM 11 these days .. and it is almost bugless. It doesn't look like Sony UI but in a special way .. it is much more better. Also KitKat is way more optimized.. smooth and stable than 4.2.2 . Phone runs on 1.2 GHz and has same consumtion like 4.2 with same usage.