Unresponsive touchscreen with FXP331 (CM11)

Search This thread

stormsaber

Aug 8, 2014
Hi all there

I have been having problems with the touchscreen becoming unresponsive after any blackout - intentional lock, screentimeout, wake from phone call.

It's a fresh install and apparently this is a common problem: code.google.com /p/freexperia/issues/detail?can=2&start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary&groupby=&sort=&id=2410

I solved it by flashing the lightning kernel from the development forum.

Hope it helps somebody.

Daniel

harshal.rio91

Sep 18, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi all there

I have been having problems with the touchscreen becoming unresponsive after any blackout - intentional lock, screentimeout, wake from phone call.

It's a fresh install and apparently this is a common problem: code.google.com /p/freexperia/issues/detail?can=2&start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary&groupby=&sort=&id=2410

I solved it by flashing the lightning kernel from the development forum.

Hope it helps somebody.

Daniel

It's because of double tap to wake which does not work on Xperia ZR disable it from display in options

stormsaber

Aug 8, 2014
It's because of double tap to wake which does not work on Xperia ZR disable it from display in options

I think there might be a buck in FXP331 which prevents disabling of DTW? I couldnt disable it anyway but its disabled by default with lightning. Have had no problems or bugs at all with this setup, that I've found yet.

stormsaber

Aug 8, 2014
persistent dt2w has been in CM11 nightlies since a few weeks ago

Apparently I'm still having a problem with this, even though dt2w is disabled for me. It only happens after a call.

During a call, my screen goes black. Nothing I can do wakes it up.

If the other person hangs up first, the screen returns to normal.

If the other person does not hang up (e.g. answer phone, etc.) the screen remains black and I must remove the battery.

This is problematic for me. Is anyone else experiencing similar?

For now, perhaps there is a way to remap a key - for instance the shutter button - to hang up the call? Unfortunately the apk 'button remapper' (lifehacker.com /5705224/buttonremapper-reassigns-your-android-phones-buttons) did not seem to have any way to select that key. Does anyone have any other ideas or solutions?

stormsaber

Aug 8, 2014
For now, perhaps there is a way to remap a key - for instance the shutter button - to hang up the call? Unfortunately the apk 'button remapper' (lifehacker.com /5705224/buttonremapper-reassigns-your-android-phones-buttons) did not seem to have any way to select that key. Does anyone have any other ideas or solutions?

The relevant keys are 568 (soft press to focus) and 766 (long press to take picture). 766 is already set to WAKE the screen, and I just set 568 to do the same. I'm guessing it won't work though.

Hopefully someone else has had this problem and knows a solution...