[Q] "WD8801" 2DIN Android 4.04 Car Head Unit with Quad-Core 1.7GHz

Search This thread

Marius B

May 14, 2014
Craiova
Toologic tell me what new changes you make ? Any news about full bluethoot function.
I have problem With top bar dont want to work and i think it is from launcher because another apps work and top. How to make to change a little screen touch coordonator ?
Thanks .

dadino

Jun 9, 2008
milano
You can download all known firmwares for HU based on Telechips 8935 CPU from https://yadi.sk/d/ZQfSWpqtbikX2

But will be carefull with last firmware - 27-06-2014 mcu 2.3. On some devices may not work properly touchscreen - mirror inversion. To fix this problem, it is necessary to replace the file ft5x0x_ts.ko in /system/lib directory. First, before update, save your /system/lib/ft5x0x_ts.ko on SD-card or usb flash.

thank you very much for your help, i'll let you know the news!!!!!
davide

toologic

Dec 16, 2013
Moscow
100dorog.ru
Toologic tell me what new changes you make ? Any news about full bluethoot function.
I have problem With top bar dont want to work and i think it is from launcher because another apps work and top. How to make to change a little screen touch coordonator ?
Thanks .
Full bluetooth is a great problem for us. It can not be done by our forces, because a lot of decoding. In general, the equipment allows you to make a full-featured Bluetooth (Similar rockchip3088 HU), but it can only do Chinese programmers, but they are too lazy. I wrote a letter to the company Zhinavi, in which I pointed out to our problems: poorly kept frequency radio, not working microphone (internal and external), cut functionality bluetooth.

Now I have changed the weather widget. Now it downloads from servers OpenWeather.org forecast for 30,000 cities in Europe and Asia. But there are small problems. As soon as I have them decide - are provided for download.

Marius B

May 14, 2014
Craiova
Hi !

Did you know how make to boot more faster ? I tried boot manager but dont see a any change.
I want to make this another dvd with android dual system navigation android and radio ... . Brand it is ewaygps.
What i can do ?

Last edited:

dadino

Jun 9, 2008
milano
You can download all known firmwares for HU based on Telechips 8935 CPU from https://yadi.sk/d/ZQfSWpqtbikX2

But will be carefull with last firmware - 27-06-2014 mcu 2.3. On some devices may not work properly touchscreen - mirror inversion. To fix this problem, it is necessary to replace the file ft5x0x_ts.ko in /system/lib directory. First, before update, save your /system/lib/ft5x0x_ts.ko on SD-card or usb flash.

sorry, you wrote to replace the ft5x0x.... file, but replace with????
sorry for the question...

toologic

Dec 16, 2013
Moscow
100dorog.ru
sorry, you wrote to replace the ft5x0x.... file, but replace with????
sorry for the question...
As I wrote above, before performing the new firmware (27-06-2014) you must to save your work (correct) driver ft5x0x_ts.ko on sd card or usb drive.

And after flashing firmware if you have a problem with inverted touchscreen, you will need to replace the driver ft5x0x_ts.ko to the one that you have saved.

Note that this issue is not at all!

Last edited:
Reactions: dadino

dadino

Jun 9, 2008
milano
As I wrote above, before performing the new firmware (27-06-2014) you must to save your work (correct) driver ft5x0x_ts.ko on sd card or usb drive.

And after flashing firmware if you have a problem with inverted touchscreen, you will need to replace the driver ft5x0x_ts.ko to the one that you have saved.

Note that this issue is not at all!

ok , but the correct work driver ftx0x_... etc, is it inside the new firmware? or where?
sorry but i'm not expert...
davide

toologic

Dec 16, 2013
Moscow
100dorog.ru
ok , but the correct work driver ftx0x_... etc, is it inside the new firmware? or where?
Davide!
The correct driver is now installed on your firmware. Is that so? Do you have problems with the touch screen? No! This means that your driver is working correctly. So save your driver (of /system/lib/ft5x0x_ts.ko) on sd card.

I'll try in Italian :) (Do not get angry - it's machine translation)
Il driver corretto è ora installato sul vostro firmware. È così? Hai problemi con il touch screen? No! Ciò significa che il driver funziona correttamente. Quindi salvare il conducente (di /system/lib/ft5x0x_ts.ko) su scheda sd.

PS If you're planning to install a new firmware - Find radio Mouse - a good thing!

dadino

Jun 9, 2008
milano
Davide!
The correct driver is now installed on your firmware. Is that so? Do you have problems with the touch screen? No! This means that your driver is working correctly. So save your driver (of /system/lib/ft5x0x_ts.ko) on sd card.

Il driver corretto è ora installato sul vostro firmware. È così? Hai problemi con il touch screen? No! Ciò significa che il driver funziona correttamente. Quindi salvare il conducente (di /system/lib/ft5x0x_ts.ko) su scheda sd.

PS If you're planning to install a new firmware - Find radio Mouse - a good thing!

toologic,
thank you for your help and patience, now it's more clear!!!!!
the issue that i have is crash , go in crash and i hope to solve with this upgrade....
and thank you for your italian....
davide

dadino

Jun 9, 2008
milano
Davide!

hello toologic,
there must be something wrong, the update doesn't start, I tried both of the inputs but without success, and continues to go on the block, I do not know what to do.
ideas?

toologic

Dec 16, 2013
Moscow
100dorog.ru
hello toologic,
there must be something wrong, the update doesn't start, I tried both of the inputs but without success, and continues to go on the block, I do not know what to do.
ideas?

What you do for update? Write here step by step.

Please check you firmware update sequence:
1. Clear SD card (2-4 Gb, maybe more, but not monsters 32(64)Gb) - fat32 format
2. Copy on SD mcu.lym and update_images.ly files
3. Turn off Head Unit
4. Insert SD card into sd slot
5. Press and hold the "Back" button and turn ON head unit
6. Wait until a message appears on the screen, "welcome to luyuan update"
7. Release the "Return" button and watch the process of firmware update
7.1. firmware process takes about 5-7 minutes (one cigarette or one cup of coffee)
7.2. After the end of process HU reboots itself
8. If update process was not successful - repeat from step 3.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

No. this is not our luyuan ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: dadino

dadino

Jun 9, 2008
milano
What you do for update? Write here step by step.

Please check you firmware update sequence:
1. Clear SD card (2-4 Gb, maybe more, but not monsters 32(64)Gb) - fat32 format
2. Copy on SD mcu.lym and update_images.ly files
3. Turn off Head Unit
4. Insert SD card into sd slot
5. Press and hold the "Back" button and turn ON head unit
6. Wait until a message appears on the screen, "welcome to luyuan update"
7. Release the "Return" button and watch the process of firmware update
7.1. firmware process takes about 5-7 minutes (one cigarette or one cup of coffee)
7.2. After the end of process HU reboots itself
8. If update process was not successful - repeat from step 3.[COLOR="Silver

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
No. this is not our luyuan ;)

well topologic, i installed the upgrade with success, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now i'm testing if goes in crash or not!!!!!!
finger cross!!!!!!
thank you thank you for your help!!!
davide

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I decided to do the tape solution and it seems like its going to work well. I dropped a stinking screw for my dash in my dash so I cant complete my entire install until i can go to the store tomorrow, and then I will know for sure. Until then here is a quick test video that I did testing some things that were requested. Everything seems pretty good so far, but I guess I will see more tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi1xBKw-WW0
    Well, if you get this unit aliexpress.com/item/car-2-din-Android-4-0-dvd-Samsung-Exynos-4412-Quad-Core-1-7GHz-frequency-X/1549098207.html them I am sure you can negotiate its price (currently at $530 including shipping) and get it at or even below the $500 mark

Note: The seller does have a 95.2% positive feedback but take would suggest you read the comments in the feedback section: aliexpress.com/store/feedback-score/221255.html the 2 negative feedback are not promising but they are 2 out of 26! and I think even on eBay this is a good level of positive feedback.

Also note (as mentioned in some of the other threads) the buyers protection, which is very similar to eBay & PayPal aliexpress.com/buyerprotection/index.html

Let us know if you do decide to get this unit as I think some of us would follow you and then we would create a bigger/better support forum for this unit type.

Just pulled the trigger and bought it from this guy that you linked. He was basically fighting back and forth with the other guy about who could give me a better deal. I finally ended up getting it for $480 including shipping and handling plus a 32 gb SD card thrown in. I could of probably gotten a better deal but for some reason my dumb Internet went down at my house and can't get anyone to come fix it till tomorrow. That left me with just my phone to negotiate and it was more of a hassle to use than it was worth so I kinda just settled on that deal. I must say that I'm pretty happy with that deal and it's kinda nice to have two sellers that want you to buy from them that you can use again each other to get the best deal lol.
    I am interested in this new Chinese car head unit and wanted to get feedback and opinion from others on it (if any has already tried it)

Here are the specifications: CPU: Samsung Exynos 4412 Quad-Core 1.7GHz frequency X 4
    I wonder if that is the true specifications. AnTuTu incorrectly recognized an Mstar786 processor as an Exynos 4412 as sited by @KID52 in Post #906 in the AN-21U thread. I think the biggest problem is that CPU identification in Android is not that straight forward. And when a new Android CPU variant is introduced into the market, manual forensics needs to be performed. That's why most Android CPU identification apps have a reporting mechanisms when CPU appears to be misidentified.

One of the problems I have been experiencing is that the Chinese manufacturers are mixing up the different faceplates designs for these units. That's why I'm always pointing out that it is very difficult to identify the model just by looks. In order to know exactly what you're going to get, the specs need to be verified with the reseller. The way I've been differentiating the various Chinese Android head units is by the exact processor included. This allows me to direct them to the correct thread.

• Freescale i.MX535 (imx53_smd) 1Ghz Cortex A8 Single Core processors are usually found units in the Ouku thread.
    • Samsung S5PV210 (smdkv210) 1Ghz Cortex A8 Single Core processor are found in the units in the S100/S150 thread.
    • Allwinner A10 (sun4i) 1Ghz Cortex A8 Single Core processor in the units found in the TVBOX thread.
    • Mstar MST786 (cedric) 1.0 to 1.2 Ghz Cortex A9 Dual Core processor are found in the units of the AN-21 thread.
    This is important because each version has their own quirks. So, if anyone decides to get one please let us know and we'll add this version to the XDA Wiki for the Generic Android Headunits if it is actually different than the other four models.

On paper the specifications look very good, but I guess the question is how good is it in reality

Here are some pictures and more detailed specs:
    One thing about the pics that you attached, is that the head unit was meant for VW / Skoda openings. If you don't actually have those kinds of vehices, then you might consider the Universal version of this unit. I found a few other variants on AliExpress if you're interested in vehicle specific models then search for Exynos 4412 car.

The one thing I find most disappointing in these generic Chinese head units is that bluetooth module sits on a logic board that is controlled by a MPU. This often causes specific features to not be handled by Android but by the MPU. In most cases, Bluetooth pairing is often limited to phone and music because Android does not have direct access to it. For example, if you want to use a ODB2 adapter then you'll have to get a USB ODB2 adapter. Although they have a faster throughput and don't use any power while the car is off, it may be inconvenient to some vehicles due to routing the cabling.

The only company I've seen so far to get this right is Parrot with the Asteroid Smart / Tablet. They use a custom CK5050 Bluetooth module to provide access to Android, while still being able to allow the head unit to be used as a pseudo headset with microphone. Although, I supposed with Audi working with Google and the new Open Automotive Alliance that we might see a more cohesive head units in the near future.

and if it can be rooted?
    If this truly is a new model then that is unknown. Until someone can get their hands on it to try the various techniques of accessing root, nobody cannot say for sure. It might be as locked down as the Kenwood DNN990HD which may need a hardware approach to gaining root.
    I live in America and was promised that I will not have to pay any import tax. They said the tax was included in the price of the unit.

Items for personal use (that are not prohibited) with a value of less than $200 will not require paying any import tax/duty in the US, in fact most of the time an item with a value of less than $2000 (depending on the category of the item) wont be taxed, though it may incur an additional cost due to additional paperwork.
    I read the forum fast but I could spot that the guys there suspect that the user selling these units, i.e. "semting", is the same as "vwcars". They claim the guy left them down without support after a while. They also claim he might have copied the software from Audiosources.

Take home message:

Before buying this unit, make sure it is not a scam.

I'm tempted to buy one and stuff it in my dash but I'd rather not be the first person to do it.

Reality check...

With ALL chinese made units you do take a gamble and you can forget support and warranty past what the purchase method (ie. ebay/alibaba etc.) grants.

None the less, you are buying something that while cheaply made seems to have great potential. I would never go wiring money for one of these to some dude that sollicited on a forum, but I would (and did) get one on ebay to test it out. case in point OUKU and AN-21 U are keeping quite a few fellows happy, both got rooted and we're working on making them "our own" every day. I remember some unsatisfied people in the early days of the ouku thread who ended up returning their units and getting their money back (because it wouldn't sinc. with Gmail - wich it now does thanks to some kick-ass people on these very forums... God forbid our car stereo doesn't tell us we got mail while we drive)

These chinese companies really nailed down interfacing an android board with a car stereo in some way. Without getting into the tech details (I could if you really want me to expand) they did manage to make it work as much as possible like an android experience with features a tablet would not give you without going crazy with external interfaces: sterring wheel controls, balance, fader, mid-high-lows and sub controls, Bluetooth phone/headphone (please look at the amount of threads like this one and people asking for this feature to stick their tablet on the dashboard) in a unit that (for the most part) stands an engine crank while booting and the conditions of automotive environment... Go to best buy and see what you can buy for $300-$500...

It's coming, alpine pioneer etc. will get in on this then we can go spend $800-$1200 for "better" ones (tough I bet a bit more proprietary feeling), but as it stands, very few are getting it as close as these.

As for this particular one, well, nobody knows yet but don't look at it as a $500 gamble... it's really a $500 deposit on a $70 gamble (that's about as much as it cost me to return mine, I paid return shipping but some had a better experience), just put it through all the rough tests before the ebay or alibaba or whatever place you buy it from expires...

One other suggestion on the subject, if anyone wants to pull the plug: try to buy at a price that includes shipping, even it it ends up a few $ above another price+shipping. If you return it in most cases they refund the purchase price, not the shipping cost (plus you pay for shipping it back) So if price is 470 plus 30 shipping you'd pay to ship it back then get 480 back, VS price 510 shipping included you get 510 back after shipping it back. ...you get the idea...

My only wish is that one of these manufacturers realized nobody is going to copy what they did as cheap as they make it. The first to release a unit with open specs and god forbid open source at least for most of it will have my attention 100% ...and a product they know is going to be as good as it can ever get thanks to above mentioned kick-ass people alike...

I would consider being the first to try, but I'm on my second one already and out a bit too much money to justify it ...and chances are I would end up bricking it on the 3rd day, right before I could make an informed video review :p (little inside joke here - no joke though)