Moving apps to sd not working ?

Search This thread

Xplorah

May 15, 2012
London
Hi, just received the phone today. I'm trying to put some apps and stuff on my sandisk 64.gb but using app2.sd and app manager there doesn't seem to be an option. The sd card is showing in settings menu as 59gb.

How can I put stuff on it?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using XDA

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
any good reasons for moving it to external sd????

btw looking at your post count i think you missed a bit of info. sgs3 uses the whole internal memory(11gb) for apps along with user data. so there is no need for app2sd

ronj1986

Dec 31, 2008
Queens, NY
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I just checked as well. I don't see that option with any of my apps using the Application manager. I'm using stock LEF firmware.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

btw looking at your post count i think you missed a bit of info. sgs3 uses the whole internal memory(11gb) for apps along with user data. so there is no need for app2sd

It's a standard Android option, so it should have been included in the ROMs that Samsung designed in my opinion. Some people would like to use their 11GB of storage for other things, but have a huge external memory card.....just a matter of preference, no need to insult the person because of low posts.

billybobjones

Jun 2, 2008

don't jump to conclusions and make assumptions. I have 32gb on my phone and have used 16gb for apps. So no, 11gb would not cut it for me as well as others. your use of a phone is not the same as everyone. You are not the standard.

Why must the op provide YOU with a good reason to? Are you some sort of phone police?

Either provide a useful solution or find another thread to spread your ignorance.

Reactions: Gadgetz

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
It's a standard Android option, so it should have been included in the ROMs that Samsung designed in my opinion. Some people would like to use their 11GB of storage for other things, but have a huge external memory card.....just a matter of preference, no need to insult the person because of low posts.

its not an insult mate.. he might be missing that info hence i conveyed it to him. apart from gnexus and sgs3 all the mobile have limited data partitions which forces the need for app2sd, thats not the case with sgs3.

there are already many threads for this same thing , if the op searched for it he would have seen that info.

don't jump to conclusions and make assumptions. I have 32gb on my phone and have used 16gb for apps. So no, 11gb would not cut it for me as well as others. your use of a phone is not the same as everyone. You are not the standard.

Why must the op provide YOU with a good reason to? Are you some sort of phone police?

Either provide a useful solution or find another thread to spread your ignorance.

can you tone it down???

your usage also wont set the standard for anyone, i just said the way how sgs3 handles apps.there is nothing wrong in asking a reason.

why do you people jump over in a friendly forum??

Last edited:

Xplorah

May 15, 2012
London

Thanks for your support. Like you I also have a lot of apps so would prefer to put them on the sd

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011

Because he wants to isn't a good enough reason? Since when does post count determine how much lurking/reading someone has done on the forum? YOU may not have a need to but many of us do, whether you agree or not.

Why must the op provide YOU with a good reason to? Your use of a phone is not the same as everyone. You are not the standard.
Agreed

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Because he wants to isn't a good enough reason? Since when does post count determine how much lurking/reading someone has done on the forum? YOU may not have a need to but many of us do, whether you agree or not.

first of all nothing is said in an offensive way but its been understood in an offensive way. If the op has read enough then why do he post a question thats already been discussed? a simple search would have helped him to get other members opinion.

i agree with the point that there are many who read a lot here but dosent posts.;)

btw, stay on topic and try helping the op if you can :)

billybobjones

Jun 2, 2008
Hi, just received the phone today. I'm trying to put some apps and stuff on my sandisk 64.gb but using app2.sd and app manager there doesn't seem to be an option. The sd card is showing in settings menu as 59gb.

How can I put stuff on it?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using XDA

theres some apps mentioned in this thread, none of which seem to support the S3 yet.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1694063&page=2

Hopefully developers will get this fixed sooner rather than later.

I don't have the device yet, so I can't really be of more help Im afraid.

Last edited:

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
first of all nothing is said in an offensive way but its been understood in an offensive way. If the op has read enough then why do he post a question thats already been discussed? a simple search would have helped him to get other members opinion.

i agree with the point that there are many who read a lot here but dosent posts.;)

btw, stay on topic and try helping the op if you can :)
It just gets tiresome hearing people try to dismiss the wants and wishes of another member just because they don't have the same. If we all wanted the same bs we'd all have iPhones for crying out loud. Embrace the differences!

bordikun

Jun 15, 2012
I dont think 11gb is quite big for GAMES, i have installed max payne and its a 1.3gb game, some HD games dont go lower than 400mb.

So yes I need to move apps to the external SD. hoping to hear some updates about this :)

saadi703

Jan 26, 2007
GL to SD

Guy until the developers find some solid solution you can use GL to SD app from market. It would move the Game Loft games from internal SD Card to External SD card. Although this app is for Game Loft games but it works for any game which install its data files in /sdcard/android/data or /sdcard/data folder.

Move them using the GL to SD and in the settings of GL to SD check the option /sdcard/Android under add mounted folder. Once done then price mount button the top of GL to SD app and then press menu and exit (don't press unmount and exit otherwise it would not work). This would mount your external SD card as /sdcard/android. If GL to SD fail to move the games to SD card then you can even do it manually by copying games data folder from /sdcard/android/data to /extsdcard/data and do the same procedure as above.

I am very poor in explaining things but I hope that I am able to explain it properly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.