Best Web Browser?

Search This thread

01alim

May 27, 2009
lol, these threads are usually annoying, but I'm desperate!

Tried Ocean browser but it's fugly with that grey color scheme (couldn't find a way to change it). It matters to me since I'll be browsing the net a lot.

Dolphin is the one I'm settled with at the moment and so far it's nice.

Will give Opera Beta a try.

Any others people use?

rrand

Oct 29, 2011

Tried Ocean browser but it's fugly with that grey color scheme (couldn't find a way to change it). It matters to me since I'll be browsing the net a lot.

Any others people use?

I like Boat Browser. Give it a try.

Reactions: SFG and 01alim

Syk69

May 5, 2012
Thanks. Can I ask what AOSP? Do I need root or...?

Definitely the best browser. Its android browser. Yes you need root. Once you do its very simple to install. Its the smoothest and does flash full screen videos without issues.

If you don't want to root, naked browser is also very good.

Reactions: lKBZl

HansiHusten

Dec 19, 2006
+1 for Boat Browser, very fast and stable, supports flash and is very lightweight with about 3mb in size.
my default browser now for weeks

Shadow_God

May 13, 2012
Euless
Naked Browser. ...lightweight (114kb), fast, no ads...... been using it for the longest now...on my phone and tablet

Thunder Buddies 4 Life!!!!!!!

SFG

Dec 23, 2010
I thought the free version of boat browser has ads and pop-ups asking u to upgrade to boat browser pro? i remembering reading that somewhere..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ads are only in the history and bookmarks pages.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
Chrome is the best browser, for me :)

Works fast (after the V8 Javascript update), and I haven't had it crash yet that I can recall (I do wonder what people are doing to have it crash "repeatedly" though since I haven't had any issues).

AOSP Browser comes in second for me. Anything else isn't an option for me unless it syncs with Google.

01alim

May 27, 2009
Chrome is the best browser, for me :)

Works fast (after the V8 Javascript update), and I haven't had it crash yet that I can recall (I do wonder what people are doing to have it crash "repeatedly" though since I haven't had any issues).

AOSP Browser comes in second for me. Anything else isn't an option for me unless it syncs with Google.

I would agree if Chrome did flash. :(

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

irishrally

Jun 13, 2009
California
Chrome for almost everything. I use the "other devices" feature several times a day. It's great being able to instantly pull up any tab open on the desktop, laptop, tablet, or other phone.

Firefox Beta or Dolphin Beta for stuff that requires flash. Don't really use AOSP browser anymore.

chaosdefinesorder

Sep 16, 2007
Cambridge
Chrome for almost everything. I use the "other devices" feature several times a day. It's great being able to instantly pull up any tab open on the desktop, laptop, tablet, or other phone.

Firefox Beta or Dolphin Beta for stuff that requires flash. Don't really use AOSP browser anymore.

How do you get Dolphin Beta to actually play Flash? for me whenever I try and enable it, Dolphin tells me it's naughty and refuses to let me force-enable it!

edit: I have installed the Flash APK already, it's just Dolphin Beta fighting against me...

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
How do you get Dolphin Beta to actually play Flash? for me whenever I try and enable it, Dolphin tells me it's naughty and refuses to let me force-enable it!

edit: I have installed the Flash APK already, it's just Dolphin Beta fighting against me...
I think you have to change some parameter to Ipad, it's on Android I think, sorry but forgot which option is it. Say if it worked!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any others people use?

I like Boat Browser. Give it a try.
    I'm using Boat as my browser at the moment actually. :)

It's great so far.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks. Can I ask what AOSP? Do I need root or...?

Definitely the best browser. Its android browser. Yes you need root. Once you do its very simple to install. Its the smoothest and does flash full screen videos without issues.

If you don't want to root, naked browser is also very good.
    I think you have to change some parameter to Ipad, it's on Android I think, sorry but forgot which option is it. Say if it worked!

how would changing something to iPad (presumably user agent?) make flash work when iPad definitely doesn't have flash? wouldn't that just make the websites force themselves into HTML5 video mode compared to Flash mode for Desktop UAString?