FonePad7 Mega Thread

Search This thread

suicidebylion

Jul 5, 2014
Asus 6.3.6 wont update

I followed your 5.2.5 root and it worked perfectly.
Tried asus firmware 6.3.6 update but no success, it went back to old one.
Then i tried your 5.2.5 to 6.3.6 and it started update, but about 20 % it said error, now back to old one again.

Do as it says.. no idea whats wrong, cant update in any way

Anyone?

arun483

Jun 7, 2014
Then i tried your 5.2.5 to 6.3.6 and it started update, but about 20 % it said error, now back to old one again.

Anyone?

YOur partial update file is corrupted possibly have you checked MD5 Hash?

arun483

Jun 7, 2014
after I delete some unnecessary files, internal sdcard has 1.2GB free space, and I 100% follow the steps, but I still can't upgrade to Kitkat, it prompt error message after few minutes

i don't know what is wrong with my device.

Your update file is corrupted I guess have you checked MD5 hash

qianw

Nov 29, 2013
because i deleted some asus apps when i rooted it and i put some other apps into /system/app folder.

if i do factory reset, those deleted asus apps still missing, right?

Hi,

My FondPad7 doesn't have enough space to put "dlpkgfile", can I put it into Removable/MicroSD and change "command" file to install it:
--update_package=/Removable/MicroSD/dlpkgfile

Why don't you factory reset it then? This might help you

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

your problem is totally same as mine. i also don't know what is the problem.

Anyone?

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

my problem is same as his problem. i checked my update package MD5 value, it is correct.

so i don't think it is update package file problem, it is caused by other things.

YOur partial update file is corrupted possibly have you checked MD5 Hash?

arun483

Jun 7, 2014
because i deleted some asus apps when i rooted it and i put some other apps into /system/app folder.

if i do factory reset, those deleted asus apps still missing, right?

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

your problem is totally same as mine. i also don't know what is the problem.

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

my problem is same as his problem. i checked my update package MD5 value, it is correct.

so i don't think it is update package file problem, it is caused by other things.

Flash back your fonepad using Stock ROMS
Okay I hope this helps you
flash 3.2.4 stock rom and root it
update to 5.1.6 using partial update and dlpkgfile method
update to 5.2.2 using partial update through cmd and fastboot (fastboot flash update partialupdatefilename.zip) root it
update to 5.2.5 using partial update using dlpkgfile method root it
update to 6.3.6 using partial update and dlpkgfile method
Still need help ping me :)

Last edited:

MEHRDAD595

Aug 24, 2011
shiraz
Wtf is going on?!! :eek:
Why this update dont have any systemui.apk???!!!
Anybody knows anything?:/

Sent from my K00E using Tapatalk

nuz81

Feb 15, 2014
I found Systemui.apk in /system/priv-app

Edit: In the Play Store I have an update for Asus Launcher, but it's not possible install. Say device not compatible.
Do you have the same problem?
How can I solve?

Last edited:

MEHRDAD595

Aug 24, 2011
shiraz
I found Systemui.apk in /system/priv-app

Edit: In the Play Store I have an update for Asus Launcher, but it's not possible install. Say device not compatible.
Do you have the same problem?
How can I solve?

Yea!me 2!trying to find something useful in it!
and yes ive same problem!
idk how to solve!

MEHRDAD595

Aug 24, 2011
shiraz
I have found following files in /system/priv-app/
Each file is attached.
AsusLauncher.apk
AsusLauncher.odex
SystemUI.apk
SystemUI.odex

Ive found them too.exactly after i posted!!
anybody Plz try something if possible
Move systemui.apk and odex to /system/app ans see if device still working without problem and boots,if yes then try some modules in xposed framework which didnt work before like center clock or others....!
Before that make a backup in case if u need to reflash!

suicidebylion

Jul 5, 2014
xposed

Ive found them too.exactly after i posted!!
anybody Plz try something if possible
Move systemui.apk and odex to /system/app ans see if device still working without problem and boots,if yes then try some modules in xposed framework which didnt work before like center clock or others....!
Before that make a backup in case if u need to reflash!

Do i need xposed framework in order to update to 6.3.6 ?
Tried to install it, most versions, even the new 4.3 that was supposed to work. Got bootloop in all of them.

arun483

Jun 7, 2014
Alright, thanks a bunch for fast reply and a good site.

Seems as the problem is elsewhere, following the tutorial and get error on 20% update.

I had the same problem and my update file was corrupted maybe same scene is with you. Have you checked md5 checksum?

Sent from my K00E using XDA Free mobile app

suicidebylion

Jul 5, 2014
I had the same problem and my update file was corrupted maybe same scene is with you. Have you checked md5 checksum?

Sent from my K00E using XDA Free mobile app

I think many fonepad users has this issue. MD5 checked and at 100 %.

I could have erased some app after first root(without great knowledge =)), and maybe that could stops all updates? Just a thought.

arun483

Jun 7, 2014
I think many fonepad users has this issue. MD5 checked and at 100 %.

I could have erased some app after first root(without great knowledge =)), and maybe that could stops all updates? Just a thought.
If you removed some factory apps then you might have to first flash 5.2.2 and then update to 5.2.5 and then to 6.3.6.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread is no more moderated by OP. Leave your queries other users might help you.

w4c0ExG.png

UHvFaCK.jpg

Asus FonePad 7 features Android 4.2, dual-core 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2560 processor, 1GB of RAM, 3G and 7-inch 1280x800p display. This tablet also comes with voice-calling support, 5MP rear camera, 1.2MP front camera, and 3950 mAh battery.
    Detailed Specifications Here

Lollipop Update Download Link:
    Partial Update file from 6.6.1 to 7.3.2 http://fota.asus.com/delta_package/...12-194640/V6.6.1_To_V7.3.2_partial_update.zip
    Full Firmware : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/ME372CG/UL-K00E-WW-7.3.2.0-user.zip (Update from 3.2.4 to 7.3.2 direct no need for partial updates)
    File Name: V6.6.1_To_V7.3.2_partial_update.zip
    MD5: bb245d596fcbac47410f106f6165f114
    File Size: 563.5 MB

Full Firmware Torrent: http://burnbit.com/torrent/349658/UL_K00E_WW_7_3_2_0_user_zip
    Partial Update Torrent: http://burnbit.com/torrent/349373/V6_6_1_To_V7_3_2_partial_update_zip

Installation Instructions:
    Using Partial Update file
    1. Make sure you are on V6.6.1 and rooted before proceeding.
    2. Download Partial update file and rename it to dlpkgfile (no extension)
    3. Using Root Browser move this "dlpkgfile" in /cache/
    4. Make new file in /cache/recovery/ name it command and put following code in it
    Code:
    --update_package=/cache/dlpkgfile
    5. Enable USB Debugging and from Open.cmd (the file you get while rooting fonepad you might be familiar with this) give following command
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    6. Your device will now reboot and start installing updates.

Using Full Firmware
    1. Download Full firmware from download link given above.
    2. Copy the zip file in root of internal sdcard
    3. Your device may now give you an update notification if not try rebooting it will give.
    4. Just tap it and press ok.
    5 You device will now reboot and start updating.

Lollipop Screenshots
    uMhJ3nb.jpg
    dOdqNVx.jpg

haPVggW.jpg
    mjsmOZX.jpg

NQ3PXQH.jpg
    gkGKpVB.jpg

DRI0n1V.jpg
    VD3gMyi.jpg

KitKat Update Download Link:
    http://fota.asus.com/delta_package/...30-221026/V5.2.5_To_V6.3.6_partial_update.zip
    File Name: V5.2.5_To_V6.3.6_partial_update.zip
    MD5: 8E46FDEEE7C80D5E59E5B37F96BFF843
    Size: 657,992,956 Byte

Torrent Link: http://torrage.com/torrent/5AE8198E8402BDCAB8FB1552CD011F799C725C76.torrent

Flashing 6.3.6 on your current 5.2.5:
    1.Make sure your 5.2.5 is Rooted if it is not please refer to this .
    2. Download this partial update and rename it to dlpkgfile (make sure there is no file extension)
    3. Using root explorer (It can be found on Google Play) move dlpkgfile to root /cache
    4. Make a new file in /cache/recovery and name it command
    5. Edit command file and write following code into it
    Code:
    6. After doing that connect your FonePad7 in USB Debugging mode to your computer (To enable USB Debugging mode go into Settings>Developer Options and tick USB Debugging) (To enable Developer Options go to Settings>About>Software Information and tap Build Number continuously about 6-7 times)
    7. After connecting your FonePad7 with your computer using open.cmd (this package can be downloaded here ) give following command
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    8. Your FonePad7 will now reboot and start installing system updates

*Note:no unroot needed it will be unrooted by itself.

All firmware Root​
    Tethered CWM Session Explained Tutorial here Thanks to @social-design-concepts

ROOTING BUILD 6.3.6​
    Thanks to @MEHRDAD595 For Tutorial and @fussel323 for root file
    Explained Tutorial can be found Here

Flashing Back From KitKat​
    I have seen people who want to know how to roll back to 5.2.5 because they are facing some issues in current build. ASUS might release a much stable build but for now you may have to roll back in order to resolve these issues. So follow this tutorial in order to roll back to 5.2.5
    For this you will need
    1. 5.2.2 Stock Raw Image which can be found here
    2. Partial Update from 5.2.2 to 5.2.5 which can be found here

So lets start
    1. Download and copy ME372CG_all_WW_user_V5.2.2.raw file to your external SD card
    2. Turn Off your FonePad 7 and start Droid Boot (press and hold Volume up button and Power Button)
    3. Select SD Download
    4. Now your FonePad 7 will reboot and start flashing Build 5.2.2
    5. After that when you are done refer to @MEHRDAD595 Rooting Thread here
    6. After Rooting Download Partial Update file and rename it to dlpkgfile (make sure there is no extension)
    7. Using Root Browser copy this file to /cache and make a new file in /cache/recovery named "command" (no quotes) edit it using text editor and enter following
    Code:
    8. After that connect your FonePad 7 to your computer in USB Debugging Mode.
    9. Using open.cmd (yes the one you used while rooting) enter following command
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    10. Now your FonePad 7 will reboot and start updating. Once this is complete you will get Build 5.2.5.

Enjoy

*Note: There is no other way to roll back without root (There is might be a way but I need tester)

Official Asus Firmware updating guide can be found here

Install Applications to External Storage
    To do this simply follow these steps
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Asus Customized Settings
    3. App Installation Settings
    4. Preferable External Storage, Now select whether you want to install apps to "internal storage" or "external" or leave it to "auto"

Using Partial Updates (If you are stuck at 3.2.4)
    >>From 3.2.4 to 5.1.6
    1. Root your 3.2.4
    2. Download V3.2.4_To_V5.1.6_partial_update.zip and rename it to dlpkgfile (make sure there is no file extension)
    3. Using root explorer (It can be found on Google Play) move dlpkgfile to root /cache
    4. Make a new file in /cache/recovery and name it command
    5. Edit command file and write following code into it
    Code:
    6. After doing that connect your FonePad7 in USB Debugging mode to your computer (To enable USB Debugging mode go into Settings>Developer Options and tick USB Debugging) (To enable Developer Options go to Settings>About>Software Information and tap Build Number continuously about 6-7 times)
    7. After connecting your FonePad7 with your computer using open.cmd (this package can be downloaded here ) give following command
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    8. Your FonePad7 will now reboot and start installing system updates

>>From 5.1.6 to 5.2.2
    1. No need to root this time. Just download partial update file and place it inside the folder where your adb drivers are extracted.
    2. Connect your FonePad7 to your computer and Run open.cmd file and give following command
    Code:
    fastboot flash update V5.1.6_To_V5.2.2_partial_update.zip
    3. Your FonePad7 will now reboot and start installing system updates.

>>From 5.2.2 to 5.2.5
    Follow same tutorial as used for 3.2.4 to 5.1.6

>>From 5.2.5 to 6.3.6
    I have already mentioned this method in the starting of this post find it and use it.

>>From 6.3.6 to 6.4.2
    Just download partial update file extract it and copy the zip file which you got after extraction to root of internal memory. You will get Update Notification. (If no update notification just reboot your FonePad you will get it)

>>From 6.4.2 to 6.4.4
    Just download partial update file extract it and copy the zip file which you got after extraction to root of internal memory. You will get Update Notification. (If no update notification just reboot your FonePad you will get it)

Partial Update Files

V3.2.4_To_V5.1.6_partial_update.zip 274.8 MB
    MD5 Hash : BA41E4AE7719C2E39832C4E498A7E206
    Download

V5.1.6_To_V5.2.2_partial_update.zip 43.7 MB
    MD5 Hash : B76C973A05822DCBB1D69D59ADEEEC8A
    Download

V5.2.2_To_V5.2.5_partial_update.zip 129.9 MB
    MD5 Hash : 7751AF2A8369F66E8F3BB42147AEB4D9
    Download

V5.2.5_To_V6.3.6_partial_update.zip 627.5 MB
    MD5 Hash : 8E46FDEEE7C80D5E59E5B37F96BFF843
    Download

V6.6.1_To_V7.3.2_partial_update.zip (Lollipop Update)
    Download

UL-K00E-WW-6.4.2.0-user.zip 870 mb
    Download

UL_K00E_WW_6_4_4.zip 830 mb
    Download

UL_K00E_WW_6_5_0.zip 866 mb
    Download

UL_K00E_WW_7_3_2.zip 894 mb
    Download
    Stock Firmwares
    Refer to @EvilDragonEX's Post here

V5.2.2 (approx : 1023 mb) (MD5 Checksum: BF6E05050C27FC1C6C2F72712FDAF1EF)
    Download (Google Drive)
    Download (Torrent)

Official V6.3.6 (approx: 967 mb) (MD5 Checksum: E2D444C6ECDA4D6B0AE31D48D4F95F89)(File Size: 991,663,105 bytes to be exact)
    Asus Official Link (for WW SKU version only)
    Mirror Link (Mega.co.nz)

Official ASUS Fonepad 7 (ME372CG) Software Image Version: US_V6.5.2 For US SKU only (File Size: 897.13 MBytes)
    Asus Official Link

If you found this post useful please press thanks button next to you.
    Thread is no more moderated by OP. Leave your queries other users might help you.

YZ45KNQ.png

18/03/2015 - Asus rolls out Lollipop update.
    01/10/2014 - Looks like this time Asus released update before 23/10/2014 which was expected date of new update release. Asus Fonepad 7 updated to 6.4.4 to 6.5.0 after receiving this update.
    23/09/2014 - Asus released OTA update to 6.4.4
    23/08/2014 - Asus released partial update from 6.3.6 to 6.4.2.
    18/07/2014 - Asus released official 6.3.6 firmware on there official website. Check it out (Reported by @manstein )
    10/07/2014 - CheatDroid is working fine without any problem. Tested
    08/07/2014 - SoftKeyZ working Fine on root. Tested
    05/07/2014 - Tested Latest Version on Xposed works fine. Which means no need to use Beta ASUS version Xposed.
    03/07/2014 - fussel323 Released root for FonePad7 Kitkat Build 6.3.6 .
    02/07/2014 - ASUS released KitKat update for FonePad7 ME372CG users WorldWide

Do you have any News/Update regarding FonePad7? Report it to me.
    For people had "IMEI lost". You're rescued now. IMEI will be restored follow these steps:
    How to restore IMEI for ME372CG when not registered with Network Provider

1. Download 3 files from link to your laptop or PC with 32 bit OS, Win XP, 7, 8 or 10 (64 bit will not work unless the driver is available)
    https://drive.google.com/folderview...bi04T2oyOGp5THB5Z1pNd1NLZEd1Wkk&usp=drive_web

2. Copy file ME372CG_all_TW_eng_T3.0.10.raw to SD card (FAT32 formatted)
    This is TW rom but you can use it for WW FP

3. Shut down FonePad. Power + Volume up to bring your FP to Droidboot.

4. Choose Factory reset. Wait for it to reset. (Not force to do this step but recommend)

5. When it boot up. Do step 3 again to Droidboot.

6. Choose SD download,Wait for 5-10 minutes to flash rom ME372CG_all_TW_eng_T3.0.10.raw.
    7. Connect FP to laptop Win 7 or other 32 bit. Install driver ADB via CDC from file USB driver.rar which downloaded above.

8. Your laptop: My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Ports (COM & LPT) will show Intel Android Virtual Com Port (COMx), remember COM x to be used in next step

9. Unzip file Only_ME372CG_Rewrite_IMEI_E0924.rar download .Run file Rewrite_IMEI_Lock.bat, wait for FP reboot and put information COMx and your IMEI(can see on the back of your FP or retail box). IMEI will be rewrite.

10. After that, insert SIM card to test. Make sure it can call OK.

Reference from other XDA forum
    http://xdaforums.com/android/help/qa-asus-fonepad-7-k00e-me372cg-stock-t2914113/page2#post61757298
    after copying wat's the procedure to flash file ?
    Its very very simple , download the zip file from asus website extract it and there is another zip file inside first one ,put it on your internal storage disconnect from pc and you will get update notification on tablet just touch it and press update , update is done automatic and you do nothing more .
    It takes less than 10min
    After copying zip if you did not get update notification just restart tablet once and it will be there after reboot.
    Thanks Dear arun483

Please Link Of The 5.2.5 Rom File And Flashing Tutorial If May.
    Best Regards ;)
    There is no 5.2.5 currently but you may flash 5.2.2 root it and perform partial update to 5.2.5
    Code:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx2B2JQE7R8XRTAtRVo4YWU1cXc/edit
    Procedure:
    Put raw file into your SD card
    Start DroidBoot
    Select SD Download
    Let it install
    enjoy