Wifi won't turn on.

Search This thread

phil.cooke

Aug 16, 2006
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Something Different worked for me

Great thread, so glad I found it. I tried the 'create new DWord' and that enabled me to get WiFi running after a reboot, but then noticed I had an extra folder 'ETHERNET' which wasn't on my other devices (I have 3 Universals at the moment) so I deleted it, re-booted and now all is well!

Last edited:

mut8

Mar 7, 2011
liverpool
Totally going mad with the same problem ,iam a noob but iam pretty good tech with most stuff& pc's but i have to say i luv my uni & ihope i get it sorted in the end..Many thanks for all posts relating & regards;)

phil.cooke

Aug 16, 2006
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Back to Square One!

So I'm playing with my second XDA again and I have my original problem where the wifi won't switch on. I've tried lots of different ROMs, including the latest T-Mobile ROM and I can't get the wifi back on. Earlier in this thread,
but it seems this link no longer exists.

Does anyone have a link to the info, or any other ideas of what i can try?

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Have a look here, hope it helps on your problem

So I'm playing with my second XDA again and I have my original problem where the wifi won't switch on. I've tried lots of different ROMs, including the latest T-Mobile ROM and I can't get the wifi back on. Earlier in this thread,
but it seems this link no longer exists.

Does anyone have a link to the info, or any other ideas of what i can try?

phil.cooke

Aug 16, 2006
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Thanks, but I'm not sure how linking me to a stickied thread that doesn't mention wifi issues will help me? I've got roughly 20 ROMs available to me already without needing to look through the sticky.

If you have a link to the dis-assembly thread specifically mentioning the wifi issue I'd appreciate it. I already have the service manual that shows the WiFi antenna but no details as to what to try if it works intermittently.

phil.cooke

Aug 16, 2006
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
No Further Forward

Well I'm still trying different things. Have tried going back to the base T-Mobile ROM and working forward from there. I even went as far as to lock my extended ROM and had to unlock that again. Tried the SIM unlock again, tried radio 0.00.00 and then 1.18, back to 1.15 now.

I've tried a whole variety of different ROMs but no success either way.

Any other ideas as to what I can try? I've tried a few gentle drops to see if it's a dodgy connection but nothing else so far.