MDA Compact IV - let the debranding begin

Search This thread

selspiero

Jan 2, 2007
GD85 - have you tried turning of the high speed internet? i have just tried windows live again using just gprs, and it has worked fine

Bman

Nov 30, 2004
Amsterdam
Here is where the T-Mobile branding is:

Originally Posted by maymaymay:

There is no Ext_ROM in Diamond.
Check 5 files in Windows directory:

config.txt:
LOCK: Disabled
RST: Reset

config_AP.txt:
CAB: \WINDOWS\AvDownloader_T-Mobile-NL-2_PPC5.0.cab
CAB: \WINDOWS\GoogleMaps-2.0.1.33-ms-htc-compress.cab
CAB: \WINDOWS\WM6_PPC_HTC_Opera9_TMO_NL.CAB
CFG: \WINDOWS\config_end.txt

config_end.txt:
XML: \Windows\Opera_cust_0413.xml
CFG: \Windows\config.txt

config_operator.txt:
LOCK:Enabled
TSK: \WINDOWS\T-Mobile.tsk
XML: \WINDOWS\Menu_Operation.xml
XML: \WINDOWS\PP_TMO_WiFi_SSID.xml
CAB: \WINDOWS\HTCMMSProviderCAB_20080506.CAB
CFG: \WINDOWS\config_PT.txt

Config_PT.txt:
XML: \WINDOWS\RemoveArrtibMMS_0413.xml
EXEC:\Windows\AutoAttribute.exe \Windows\MASD_RemoveReadOnly.txt
CAB: \Windows\PT_Manila_TMO_REG.cab
CAB: \Windows\PT_ManilaToday.CAB
CAB: \Windows\PT_CallWait.CAB
CFG: \Windows\Config_AP.txt

mub786

Sep 2, 2004
Jeddah / Manchester
windows live (MSN) work fine and hotmail works fne on WnW+
youtube been 8MB free space to run. remove google map to free some space. works fine then on HSDP and WIfi

Last edited:

gd85

Jul 19, 2008
Ive flashed back to the tmobile rom and now it does work!?

@selspiero: y wud I want to switch to gprs if ive paid for hsdpa??

ill fiddle round with radios n other roms to c wat happens.

Any info welcome!

btw... Im on regular WnW. Have been for 2 years and never had a problem with Live.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 368662

I'm finding myself unable to sync my Hotmail using Windows Live on Web'n'Walk standard now with the Compact IV, it worked fine on my Hermes prior to upgrading. It works fine on the Compact IV over WiFi but if i use GPRS it says the service is unavailable

selspiero

Jan 2, 2007
Ive flashed back to the tmobile rom and now it does work!?

@selspiero: y wud I want to switch to gprs if ive paid for hsdpa??

ill fiddle round with radios n other roms to c wat happens.

Any info welcome!

btw... Im on regular WnW. Have been for 2 years and never had a problem with Live.

indeed - but just as a test goes it work of GPRS?

mine DIDINT work initially over 3G, switched to GPRS, logged in fine, switched back - all works

-=Dennis=-

Aug 30, 2007
I've tried my dutch t-mobile compact IV and it also has no sim-lock. I put in a foreign sim-card it totally works but now there is a 1 sign in the top of the screen next to the gprs sign / clock / battery status etc. Does anybody knows what this 1 means?

-=Dennis=-

Aug 30, 2007
It defenitly isn't the roaming triangle. I know the triangle for living just at the border. It really is a 1, and I can't click it either so I really haven't got a clue what it's doing up there.

gd85

Jul 19, 2008
indeed - but just as a test goes it work of GPRS?

mine DIDINT work initially over 3G, switched to GPRS, logged in fine, switched back - all works

I went back to the ProjectDiamond rom on .5 radio, and tried what u said and it still doesnt work

I can now enter email and password in GPRS, but when it gets to syncing in setup it fails. HSDPA doesn't let me get anywhere still.

Getting there slowly!

DocNo

Jul 22, 2008
MDA Compct IV

Hi @all,

i'm new in this forum and it is my first time to change the ROM of my new MDA Compact.
Did i have to use a hardspl, or can i change the ROM Update like a normal one via ActiveSync? I have a T-Mobile German branded MDA and the pink applications are boring.

I hope you understand my english.

Thank you for answering

DocNo

OK!

Oct 1, 2007
It defenitly isn't the roaming triangle. I know the triangle for living just at the border. It really is a 1, and I can't click it either so I really haven't got a clue what it's doing up there.

Some suppliers let you have 2 lines per SIM, the 1 shows you are using 1 of 2 at that moment in time.

TheSmithz

Jul 25, 2008
Got the new manila theme loaded ... fine
Windows live & messenger ... fine
You Tube ... fine

Everything working fine !

But this morning, all my messenger contacts have vanished. I can log in ok, but can't see any of my contact.

Pietje_1985

Apr 14, 2007
Almere, The Netherlands
Hi @all,

i'm new in this forum and it is my first time to change the ROM of my new MDA Compact.
Did i have to use a hardspl, or can i change the ROM Update like a normal one via ActiveSync? I have a T-Mobile German branded MDA and the pink applications are boring.

I hope you understand my english.

Thank you for answering

DocNo

Hello DocNo....

if you want to change the ROM of your MDA, you have to HARD-SPL your device, you can use this website:

http://modmydiamond.info/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Good luck with upgrading your device!:D;)

tmohammad

Jun 7, 2007
Birmingham
MDA Screen

Is the MDA screen any different to the Diamond screen?

I had an Orange Diamond, which I did not like so that went back. Instead I ordered the curvier MDA which I really like.

The reason I ask is that, I seem to recall viewing the Daimonds screen in strong sunlight and it was quite visible (Just had to get the angle right!).

However, its almost impossible to see the MDA screen in strong sunlight. Does not matter what angle I view the phone from!

Am I imagining things or is the Diamonds screen a tranflective type thats viewable with backlighting or in strong sunlight :confused:

BTW, anyone used the new HTC original UK ROM with T-Mobile MDA? If so, does it increase battery life? My battery gets sucked super quick if I turn on 3G even in standby :eek:

Thanks in advance :)