RunGPS on diamond

Search This thread

Alexx_B

May 2, 2007
Moscow
www.palmz.in
Hi all
I have some troubles with rather GPS soft like RunGPS Trainer, that cannot control diamond power mode

when i switch off screen, gps and wifi modules switched off too, so I cannot record tracks in RunGPS.

RunGPS can lock screen, but hardkeys still work and screen work too so charge is over too short

anyone use RunGPS? How I can recording tracks with screen blank off and keys locked?

buciuman

Aug 13, 2008
In Run.GPS I just press lock screen (the little lock at the bottom) and it keeps power on but backlight minimal. Or I just use a Bluetooth GPS which is more accurate anyway.

Alexx_B

May 2, 2007
Moscow
www.palmz.in
I know about lock button and write about it
but as i wrote, hardkeys stil work! I cannot lock device normally

Your advice about external GPS is unusable too :(
-you must have it every time you want to use RunGPS (walking in the park for example)
-you must buy it :)

may be anyone knew program that can lock device completely but disable turn off? Something Like S2U2 but without poweroff?

Or may be we can disable automatic gps off? Wifi disables too by default, but I can tweak it

laser21

Jul 10, 2008
Go into Settings - Configuration - general settings - When application is locked - lock keys also, use center key for start/stop

Alexx_B

May 2, 2007
Moscow
www.palmz.in
Hey, guys
maybe you try to read all I wrote? in diamond this setting is not working! It is not lock even power button

and screen stil work!!! this is not solution! I wrote about it in my first post

spangelsaregreat

Jun 2, 2005
Hi,

Works fine on my MDA Compact. Did you check the site for the manual configuration of the GPS. I had to set this to get it to read altitude.

Regards

Alexx_B

May 2, 2007
Moscow
www.palmz.in
I use this program about 3 years and I know all it settings

Works fine on MDA Compact? Great, but this is Diamond topic!
AFAIK there is no GPS on MDA Compact (this is Qtek s100, correct?), so there is no problem with built in GPS, you can just turn off device!

And I repeat - lock device button didn't turn off screen

this is stupid solution. Battery lifetime in diamond is small and with powered on screen it is minimal

buciuman

Aug 13, 2008
A simple solution would be just to keep it differently, like in a running armband or on your belt. With the little lock button battery consumption is minimal.

THUDUK

Aug 12, 2007
eastbourne
Google Pixel 4a
DiamondBelkin.jpg

Here is my Diamond armband

I tend to start off, turning on my music, then start up Run.GPS, hit the start button, then press the little screen lock on the Run.GPS screen, I have Run.GPS speak to me every 30 seconds to tell me, Pace, Distance and speed.
If the device screen turns off, you just hit the top stand by button once to turn on screen again.

Generally I just run, listen to music, let Run.GPS tell me the rest...

The Belkin Ipod Classic armband is perfect

Alexx_B

May 2, 2007
Moscow
www.palmz.in
If the device screen turns off, you just hit the top stand by button once to turn on screen again.
oh, this great
I must check device every time I use GPS software?

and how about ride my bicycle? Regullary stop to check screen?

A simple solution would be just to keep it differently, like in a running armband or on your belt
I keep it differently
but I can accidentally press any key when I get it from it case. And screen work too!!!

I repeat: this is not solution

I don't want: check screen every time I use GPS software / buy mda compact / use dim backlight instead / use music player to turn off screen
enough those answers!

there is two ways to solve this problem as I say
-find tweak to keep GPS on while device is in stand by
-small utility that can lock device and turn off screen, but keep device on (and GPS too)

do you can tell something about those two ways?