Galaxy Note 3 Software - Tips & Tricks, Hidden Features & Everything Else

Search This thread

barnabydog

Sep 9, 2013
Very informative and to the point. I'd only suggest turning the phone so it's not so sideways to the viewer, but I learned a lot from those clips. :)

barnabydog

Sep 9, 2013
I don't think you overdid it at all. And you're right, your hand never obscured what you were showing. :good:

barnabydog

Sep 9, 2013
No sweat. You give more than you ask for!

I think the phone could be aligned more straight to the viewer and still show what you're doing on it, but I could be wrong. I do know that some hands-on videos I've seen hid most of what you were supposed to learn because the reviewer had such fat fingers. :p

ashwin123

Nov 21, 2010
Chennai
www.youtube.com
No sweat. You give more than you ask for!

I think the phone could be aligned more straight to the viewer and still show what you're doing on it, but I could be wrong. I do know that some hands-on videos I've seen hid most of what you were supposed to learn because the reviewer had such fat fingers. :p

Thanks man I think I got a little too obsessed with aligning the phone diagonally so that I can zoom in the max... will keep it a little straighter in future videos... sometimes when you get in too deep you cant see the bigger picture and end up over analyzing and missing common stuff out... I really appreciate the feedback... Will work it into future videos :)

Ash

barnabydog

Sep 9, 2013
I appreciate your work and look forward to more. I've always kept Google services at a distance, but I broke down and "liked" your clips and subscribed to your channel. Congratulations on being so worthy! :D

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
Thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate it :)

Videos are excellent, a little long combining them both, but still excellent. I didn't mind the angle so much, everything was clear and focused.

I may have missed it, but when I went into AT&T they had a white note 3 on display, the dialer on that phone was white with white buttons, your video seems to show dark with dark buttons? Is that an option or am I crazy?

ashwin123

Nov 21, 2010
Chennai
www.youtube.com
Videos are excellent, a little long combining them both, but still excellent. I didn't mind the angle so much, everything was clear and focused.

I may have missed it, but when I went into AT&T they had a white note 3 on display, the dialer on that phone was white with white buttons, your video seems to show dark with dark buttons? Is that an option or am I crazy?

Might have been an AT&T thing... theres no option to change it tho... and yes they were long... did the short review earlier... I felt that I really couldnt do justice to all of the Note 3's features in a 12 min review and hence decided to do a 20 min one featuring all s/w and then that ended up being a 2 part 35 min video (and thats after 12-14 hours in editing, multiple run throughs and extensive cutting :D)

Reactions: Rippley05

c-mack

Feb 20, 2011
Absolutely awesome. Thanks so much for your hard work. Now just can't wait until my note 3 is delivered. :good:

Btw I thought the viewing angle was perfect I could see everything you were doing.

Tinyk

Dec 18, 2006
Had seen these before seeing this post and think they are excellent and I learnt a lot from them. It's nice you broke them up made an ideal place to try out some of the features before continuing with the second part. Excellent work I would certainly say you had a future doing these kind of reviews.

fonejacker

Sep 26, 2013
Many thanks Ashwin for arranging these two videos. :)

They are very useful for a fast update on some useful features and shortcuts for the note 3.

Its also helpful to know when certain features don't work, as you show, which can save a lot of aggravation given that the Note 3 manual is not particularly comprehensive.

DCLocal

Nov 2, 2008
Washington, DC
Excellent

As many others have said, great videos! Nice and clear, easy to understand and follow; very nice pace and to the point. I learned a LOT!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

I shot a 2 part video explaining all (atleast most) of the Galaxy Note 3's software features.

PART 1

PART 2

Hoping this is useful to new comers and existing users alike.

Ash

Might have been an AT&T thing... theres no option to change it tho... and yes they were long... did the short review earlier... I felt that I really couldnt do justice to all of the Note 3's features in a 12 min review and hence decided to do a 20 min one featuring all s/w and then that ended up being a 2 part 35 min video (and thats after 12-14 hours in editing, multiple run throughs and extensive cutting :D)

Just watching the video on my computer, The S-Voice 'Hi Galaxy' command opened my S-Voice. Do we have to watch out for videos saying 'Hi Galaxy, Install virus'

Could be a new hacking exploit;)
    Anyone can please list these features in text? I cannot play youtube videos here, as its banned.