Lost and new to rooting

Search This thread

mah3r

Feb 1, 2014
Ok, I hope that this post doesn't just instantly get bashed or ignored for its nature, but I feel like I'd waste so much more time just fumbling through the forum trying to find something relevant if I had to do this on my own. So, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Basically, while overseas my Sprint s3 had to get rooted to work, but now that I'm back in the states I'd like to properly root my phone for functions like wifi tethering.

At the present this is what is on my phone.
-clockworkmod recovery v6.0.1.2
-android version 4.1.1

My main questions would be the following?
1.Can I have the latest version of android and still have my phone rooted, and can this be done with what presently on my phone?
2.How do I remove the present clockworkmod recovery (or should I), for something better?
3.What is generally considered the best set up for the sprint s3 at the moment?

Thanks in advance.

mah3r

Feb 1, 2014
-_- I just downloaded a app called root checker, because my assumption was that just because I had Clockworkmod my phone must be rooted, but it turns out that the results were negative, plus I forgot to mention that I've done a factory reset when I first got back if that effects anything. So, my phone isn't actually rooted, sorry about that.

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
No worries, If you can boot into recovery then just flash a rooted rom. If not, I suggest you root it before you take any OTAs, especially the OTA for 4.3

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
If you want the latest set up, I suggest not taking the OTA at all and flashing on of the latest stock 4.3 roms that are de-knoxed. I have I've for Boost and VM and @CNexus has one for Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr. Struck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want the latest set up, I suggest not taking the OTA at all and flashing on of the latest stock 4.3 roms that are de-knoxed. I have I've for Boost and VM and @CNexus has one for Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk