Using avast! Hard Reset Protection

Search This thread

PercMastaFTW

Sep 14, 2013
If I somehow brick my custom ROM and need to back up to a previous state, will this security app cause problems and not allow me to fix my phone?

Just wondering! Thanks.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
If I somehow brick my custom ROM and need to back up to a previous state, will this security app cause problems and not allow me to fix my phone?

Just wondering! Thanks.

I always used that,and never had a problem flashing roms (didnt turn it off before flashing)
i think it only stops say if you lost your phone, and somebody found it, and they did the hard reset option in storage (factory reset)
doesnt think it stops it at all at the custom recovery/ODIN level

Reactions: PercMastaFTW

PercMastaFTW

Sep 14, 2013
I always used that,and never had a problem flashing roms (didnt turn it off before flashing)
i think it only stops say if you lost your phone, and somebody found it, and they did the hard reset option in storage (factory reset)

Ah, that makes me feel a lot better. Thanks man.

But does that mean they could instead flash a backup or something onto the phone to bypass that "hard" reset?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just wondering! Thanks.