4g/lte speeds seem slow.

Search This thread

fastfed

Feb 13, 2008
Maybe it just seems this way or I haven't tested with my GS4 in the same spots, but jesus, I can't get over 4meg down.. I always get 15-28 down almost everywhere I went and tested.. I'm gonna ask my dad to do a side by side with his note 2, if his is significantly faster, which I have a feeling it will be, I'm gonna have a bone to pick with T-mobile.. I won't accept this phone

Reactions: ecksor

Dovigoldberger

Feb 21, 2012
Monsey
LTE in Manhattan, NY

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1397435858158.jpg
    1397435858158.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,178

Oct 5, 2010
Honolulu
I got some good speeds here in honolulu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-12-14-23-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-14-23-06.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 959

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Here in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area of North Carolina, T-Mobile's LTE download speeds are great (anywhere between 15 and 30 mbps), but no matter what, upload speeds will NOT top 10 mbps. Normally it'll jump above 10 then immediately go back down to somewhere around 9.5 mbps and stay steady there. No idea why, and it doesn't appear to be device-specific. It did the same thing when I had a GS4 GPE, and it does the same thing on my Z Ultra GPE. Makes no sense.

92drls

Jul 25, 2009
Behind you
The same thing happened to me when I went from the S3 to the S4, it dropped about 10mb for a few weeks and then was right back up in the 40's and 50's. Now, coming from the S4 and now using the S5 I'm in the same boat, getting 28mb down and about 6mb up. I'm not really mad at all considering I just downloaded Wolf of Wall Street in 20 mins. Are we as consumers getting that impatient? I remember how stoked I was to see 3g when I had the original Mytouch.

Reactions: oldblue910

damaged82

Apr 6, 2014
MCKINNEY
Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397888915722.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397888915722.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 740
  • uploadfromtaptalk1397888930038.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397888930038.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 694

damaged82

Apr 6, 2014
MCKINNEY
Lol Mckinney tx. I switched from AT&T to t-mobile and it was quite a surprise. I can only get those speeds around my neighborhood anywhere else just typical lte speeds.

Reactions: Ceasare

Shoulon

Apr 12, 2008
Just moved to Tmobile from sprint. Have literal perfect signal in my house. With sprint I had no signal. 4G seems good to me. Most I got with sprint was 18Mbps. I'll take the perfect signal and 40+ Mbps any day

Attachments

• 1398100158834.jpg
    1398100158834.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 550

BlackAlpha7

Sep 27, 2013
I usually get 20-40 down here in Portland OR and at least 10-15up anywhere I go.

I really really sad though because my office literally just moved a mile and since I have been here the fastest I've gotten down is about 20 and up at most like 7. Its really sad too because I am near the Portland airport and its a dense area that should have fast coverage

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
I have been an ATT user for years - when the S5 came out, on a friends advice I moved to TMOBILE - when I got my S5 and started checking speeds in my house and near work - I was disturbed to see speeds less than 1/2 what i used to get on ATT - at first I thought it was my S5 but when I put the Sim Card in my NOTE 3 -I got the same slow speeds.

I canclled tMOBILE and went back to ATT and was pleasantly surprised to find that ATT Speeds were even faster than they had been before.

Last year, my average speed from inside my houuse was around 6-10mbps -not bad - closer to work I got awesome speeds - almost 30mbps at times - usually 22-25 - very respectible.

BUT, now I am getting 12 to 18mbps in my house - and even faster speeds near work, often clocking in at 35 to 50mbps - ATT seems to have kicked into overdrive here - (Milwaukee) - this is not a commercial for ATT - many of my friends swear by TMOBILE - but I guess they just didn't have the towers close enough to me to give me any real speed - while ATT has become a rocket ship for me - and my S5 is faster than any other phone I have had before -

BlackAlpha7

Sep 27, 2013
I live by the Portland airport also and only get about 10-15 download. Ill have to check the coverage map.

No one in my office has an ATT LTE phone but we have many times done a speed test with all our of phones out at the same time and the Verizon users get 20-40mbps down and I would always get 20-40 down as well, the sprint person would get like 5 down lol (on LTE too). VZ upload speeds are usually faster that TMO but that really is not a big deal.

There is a difference in the network coverage but I'm not willing to get rapped by Verizons prices for a little better coverage, that is what wifi calling is for. And in an emergency now you can jump on most any network with these phones so that doesn't matter either.

Where i live I do have very good TMO coverage, I completely understand switching because you don't have good coverage at home, that is a big deal.

Last edited:

ashraf sharif

Dec 30, 2011
nyc
Maybe it just seems this way or I haven't tested with my GS4 in the same spots, but jesus, I can't get over 4meg down.. I always get 15-28 down almost everywhere I went and tested.. I'm gonna ask my dad to do a side by side with his note 2, if his is significantly faster, which I have a feeling it will be, I'm gonna have a bone to pick with T-mobile.. I won't accept this phone

just got off the phone with t- mobile I have two of these devices both are getting below 1 meg . I live in Brooklyn NY. the speedtest result at the top is wifi . all the others are supposedly 4G LTE . this sucks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-27-23-17-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-27-23-17-23.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

fastfed

Feb 13, 2008
just got off the phone with t- mobile I have two of these devices both are getting below 1 meg . I live in Brooklyn NY. the speedtest result at the top is wifi . all the others are supposedly 4G LTE . this sucks!

Something is wrong.. When I was in brooklyn, I was getting 25 down average, in the city I was getting 40-50, was insane.. I'm the OP for this thread and I was worried because I kept doing a speed test and wasn't normal. I just moved into a new place and it just seems to be where I'm at. I see almost 10 or more wherever I go.. the truth is , anything over 4 down and it doesn't matter anymore. besides downloading, videos and all other data required things are just as good if I was getting 4 down or 400 down,

Reactions: Maddball

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The same thing happened to me when I went from the S3 to the S4, it dropped about 10mb for a few weeks and then was right back up in the 40's and 50's. Now, coming from the S4 and now using the S5 I'm in the same boat, getting 28mb down and about 6mb up. I'm not really mad at all considering I just downloaded Wolf of Wall Street in 20 mins. Are we as consumers getting that impatient? I remember how stoked I was to see 3g when I had the original Mytouch.
    Lol Mckinney tx. I switched from AT&T to t-mobile and it was quite a surprise. I can only get those speeds around my neighborhood anywhere else just typical lte speeds.

ditched my iPhone 5s and to get this amazing

Something is wrong.. When I was in brooklyn, I was getting 25 down average, in the city I was getting 40-50, was insane.. I'm the OP for this thread and I was worried because I kept doing a speed test and wasn't normal. I just moved into a new place and it just seems to be where I'm at. I see almost 10 or more wherever I go.. the truth is , anything over 4 down and it doesn't matter anymore. besides downloading, videos and all other data required things are just as good if I was getting 4 down or 400 down,