[Q] Does the phone need a screen protector?

Search This thread

mashed_ash

Sep 20, 2010
I'm going to upgrade to this phone from my Galaxy S3 which never really needed a screen protector. Does the z2 need one or is the glass scratch proof like gorilla glass?

Thanks,

Ash

Publicglutton

Jan 12, 2009
South West
I'm going to upgrade to this phone from my Galaxy S3 which never really needed a screen protector. Does the z2 need one or is the glass scratch proof like gorilla glass?

Thanks,

Ash

The Z2 use3s Dragontail glass which is very strong, but slightly less scratch resistent than Gorilla glass,
However I think it's personal preference as to whether you use a screen protector or not..

I personally always use a screen protector just in case & have never had any problems doing so...;)

Shaady

Oct 1, 2008
It came with one so I put it on there and its actually pretty ok.

Never had one on any of my phones before but this one has a nice matte finish to it. As the whole front it glass is worth it imo

corallus

May 5, 2011
Does the z2 have a shatter proof film? If so they scratch very easily and would need a protector but as pointed out since implementing spf's sony has been giving protectors in the box's of most handsets.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

jayc1980

Feb 27, 2011
Put my screen protector on out of the Box and can not even tell that its on. Betterbto be safety than sorry. But they I never had one on my G2 and the screen is perfect still.

Sent from my D6503 using xda app-developers app

LotoTutu

Dec 30, 2013

Thanks,

Ash

The glass of Z1 is scratch proof. But there will be some scratches after long time using.
So if you can't bear any tiny scratches , you'd better use a screen protector.

paras

Apr 15, 2007
I feel a protector is always nice

Sent From S4 I9500 Crash Rom Final 4.4.2

jimsey

Oct 14, 2007
Lancashire
Mine only came with a screen protector for the front in the box which I applied straight away, but I had to wait 3 days for a protector for the back to arrive, in that time its got several ugly scratches on the back glass.

I'm rather disappointed to be honest as it's not been abused, its been in the same pocket I kept my z1 in for 6 months without a mark to the screen protector. I was hoping Sony had put one of the easily scratched shatter proof films on the back, but sadly it seems there isn't a pre applied film and the glass scratches very easily.
Now I have a 3 day old Z2 which looks older than my 6 month old Z1 :(

Sent from my D6503 using xda premium

corallus

May 5, 2011
Because mine sits in a case, I applied the free front one and cut the corner of the factory applied back cover until the rear protector arrives off amazon.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

corallus

May 5, 2011
Yh that cream looking sheet that was on the back, it's not a protector as such and looks mank but as mines in a case is will stop the scratches from trapped dirt etc.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

acheney1990

Oct 29, 2013
Saint Stephen
When I got my Z2 the screen protectors were a good price so I got one, figured it couldn't hurt. Would like to get one the back as well.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

HOmERCIdAL

Sep 15, 2008
I probably overpaid for my Nillkin 9H explosion proof tempered glass screen protector it feels every bit as good as the glass screen underneath. Plus it doesn't matt the screen colours down like the protector that comes with the phone.