Mantle Goes to Sleep and Can not be powered back up

Search This thread

pauldiston

Oct 17, 2006
High Wycombe
Hi,

I hope someone could help me with an issue we are seeing.

We have two Mantle devices, one on WM6 and the other on WM6.1.

On both devices we are seeing an issue where the device is left for a period of time and the device goes to sleep, another period of time goes by and we then press the power button and nothing happens, we press the power button a few more times and still nothing. We then have to resort to warm booting the device.

1. Has any one else has this issue?
2. Is there a fix for this issue?

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to your reply.

Paul Diston

forsti82

Oct 9, 2008
also have this issues

Hello pauldiston,

we also face this problem here. We currently have 7 Sedna's on duty and all of them have this problem. Especially on monday we have to reset all of them.
I have not found a solution yet, but as we are not the only ones having this it has to be something HTC is responsible for...

Regards,
Andreas

pauldiston

Oct 17, 2006
High Wycombe
Hi,

I have heard that the O2 have stopped selling the Mantles because of some serious issues with the devices.

In our case, we are thinking that the particular problem is related to the compatibility between the device and an SDIO scanner. However we are yet to confirm this.

Thanks

Paul Diston

carrot34

May 22, 2007
Hi, for what it's worth -- I've been using my Sedna intensively since May, running both WM 6 and WM 6.1. I haven't ever run into this issue and I've generally found the phone to be stable. I wonder if it has to do with the O2 version of the ROM, or if it might involve specific software or SDIO devices that you're using?

Alan

Alec Tucker

Apr 4, 2006
Paul,

Did you confirm whether or not this was caused by the SDIO device?
Can I ask what device it was?

Thanks
Alec

pauldiston

Oct 17, 2006
High Wycombe
Hi,

It did look that way based on the testing we are doing however we never got it confirmed.

We were using the O2 Mantle device and Socket SDIO scanner.

Hope this helps.

Paul Diston

Groundrush1

Jul 31, 2009
Hi,

We suspect it is an issue with the SDIO device however are yet to confirm this as O2 have stopped supporting this device.

Thanks

Paul

Hi,

Is it true that 02 have stopped supporting the Mantle?

The company i work for is considering purchasing quite a lot of these & i don't see the point if we will have support issues

Groundrush1

Jul 31, 2009
Hi,

I have heard that the O2 have stopped selling the Mantles because of some serious issues with the devices.

In our case, we are thinking that the particular problem is related to the compatibility between the device and an SDIO scanner. However we are yet to confirm this.

Thanks

Paul Diston

Anyone got more info on this please?

nlel

Sep 24, 2007
I had the Standby of Death SOD this is when the phone fails to come out of standby with a power button press. This issue only affects some people on some networks. I'm not sure if its a network problem or a software problem but as only a minority of people have it, I suspect its mainly a network problem there is a software solution.

The solution is to change the phone settings band option from auto 3G/2G to either 3G Only (WCDMA + UTMS 2100 in Europe) or 2G Only (GSM + AUTO) depending on your requirements.

Also read this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=540943&highlight=standby&page=2where the resolution was to get a new SIM.

Obviously this only solves the problem when the crash is because of the sim and/or settings which impact the sim. To rule out a software cause its best to start with a hard reset.

mistyuk

May 30, 2009
birmingham
hi we use the p6500 with sdid 1210 scanner we get the same problem if left the the software running and it goes into stand by the unit needs to b reset i have found the problem to b the the software we run to record the chip numbers not the core wedge drivers for the sdid chip.solution is end the software we use to record the numbers on and unseat the chip.next time i get intouch with our surpport i will ask about a solution to the problem hopefully it will help others on here.....just to be nosey what system do the other replies to this thread use them for we run the scanner for recording the oxygen cylinder movement in ambulance station's with surpport from assettrack..