[ROM][WWE][1/31/2010] 6.5.3 XIYLRom Mega Version 20 (23518)

Search This thread

XirXes

Jan 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
Moto Z2 Force
Development has resumed! for now.

Pham Quang Rom customizer: The download is now up, you can grab it here or at the bottom of this post. Be warned, this cab replaces some 900 images in the rom so be prepared for a good 10 minuites of install time. When installing disable touchflo and switch the rom theme to Rock and Republic black to prevent issues. I don't take any responsibility for any damage this may cause, use this cab at your own risk. This cab is only intended for v27.

I decided a while back that I didn't like some things in PhamQuangs roms so I set about learning to cook. I intend on updating this with the newest com3 builds as they arive. Please post your issues in the comments so that I might attempt to fix them.

This rom is User Customization compatible, all the info you need regarding that is in the second post.

Update notes:
Version 20 is updated to 23518. It has the groundwork for HTC Messaging but it isn't working as of yet. It's faster but don't turn off wifi, it still isn't fixed. I've uploaded a cab that fixes 2 issues I forgot to fix while building the rom. It gets rid of the beta watermark and fixes an element of the skin I forgot to change. You can get it here.

XIYLRom6.jpg
XIYLRom3.jpg
XIYLRom5.jpg
XIYLRom7.jpg

Links:
Rom Download Page (among other things)
Pham Quang rom modification cab

Last edited:

XirXes

Jan 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
Moto Z2 Force
User Customization Info
Main post (Has most of the information you'd want in the first few posts.)

Activesync setup: This setup is for Gmail but could be adapted to anything
Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc>
	<characteristic type="Sync">
		<characteristic type="Connection">
			<parm name="Server" value="m.google.com"/>
			<parm name="User" value="USERNAME@gmail.com"/>
			<parm name="Domain" value=""/>
			<parm name="AllowSSLOption" value="1"/>
			<!-- The password and save password are optional -->
			<parm name="Password" value="YourPassword" /> 
			<parm name="SavePassword" value="1" /> 
		</characteristic>
		<characteristic type="Settings">
			<parm name="PeakStartTime" value="0800"/>
			<parm name="PeakEndTime" value="1700"/>
			<parm name="PeakFrequency" value="-1"/>
			<parm name="OffPeakFrequency" value="-1"/>
			<parm name="BodyTruncation" value="-1"/>
			<characteristic type="PeakDays">
				<parm name="Sun" value="0"/>
				<parm name="Mon" value="1"/>
				<parm name="Tue" value="1"/>
				<parm name="Wed" value="1"/>
				<parm name="Thr" value="1"/>
				<parm name="Fri" value="1"/>
				<parm name="Sat" value="0"/>
			</characteristic>
		</characteristic>
		<characteristic type="Calendar">
			<parm name="Enabled" value="1"/>
		</characteristic>
		<characteristic type="Contacts">
		</characteristic>
		<characteristic type="Mail">
		</characteristic>
		<characteristic type="Tasks">
			<parm name="Enabled" value="0"/>
		</characteristic>
	</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

Ringtone setup: Changing the values in this xml will allow you to set up your ringtones automatically with UC.
Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc>
<!-- Applies ringtone notification settings -->
   <characteristic type="Registry">
       <!--
                New Email Message 
                                      -->
        <characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}" translation="filesystem">
         <parm name="Options" datatype="integer" value="1"/>
         <parm name="Wave" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Alert-Crystal.wma"/>
      </characteristic>
      <!-- 
                  New Text Message. for a text tone to work from sd, the file needs to be a wma in the My Documents folder. 
                             -->
       <characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}" translation="filesystem">           
         <parm name="Options" datatype="integer" value="13"/>
         <parm name="Wave" datatype="string" value="\Storage Card\My Documents\Navi-Hey-Listen.wma"/>
      </characteristic>
          <!-- 
                 Incoming Call. Both need to be the same 
                                       -->
         <characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0" translation="filesystem">      
         <parm name="Script-OemRingtoneGap" datatype="string" value="w3"/>
         <parm name="Sound" datatype="string" value="\Storage Card\My Documents\My Ringtones\still alive radio edit.mp3"/>
      </characteristic>
      <characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone2" translation="filesystem">
         <parm name="Sound" datatype="string" value="\Storage Card\My Documents\My Ringtones\still alive radio edit.mp3"/>
      </characteristic>
   </characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

Wifi Setup: I found this while I was looking for a solution to our wifi issue and I thought it could be of some use.
Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc>
  <characteristic type="CM_WiFiEntries">
    <characteristic type="My_SSID"> <!-- do not change this value and delete this comment -->
<!-- The current DestID value will have it connect to "The Internet", if you want it to connect to "Work" enter this value:
{A1182988-0D73-439e-87AD-2A5B369F808B} -->      
      <parm name="DestID" value="{436EF144-B4FB-4863-A041-8F905A62C572}"/>
    </characteristic>
  </characteristic>
<!-- This characteristic sets up your access point. It can be repeated as many times as necessary. -->  
  <characteristic type="Wi-Fi">
    <characteristic type="access-point">
      <characteristic type="SSID">
        <parm name="DestId" value="{436EF144-B4FB-4863-A041-8F905A62C572}"/>
<!-- Authentication values are 0=Open 1=Shared 2=WPA 3=WPA-PSK 4=WPA2 5=WPA2-PSK -->        
        <parm name="Authentication" value="5"/>
<!-- Encryption values are based on Authentication values. Open or Shared: 0=Disabled 1=WEP. WPA: 0=TKIP 1=AES. -->        
        <parm name="Encryption" value="0"/>
<!-- Change other values in this section as needed. -->        
        <parm name="hidden" value="0"/>
        <parm name="KeyProvided" value="0"/>
        <parm name="NetworkKey" value="Your Password"/>
        <parm name="KeyIndex" value="1"/>
        <parm name="Use8021x" value="1"/>
      </characteristic>
    </characteristic>
  </characteristic>
<!-- This characteristic ensures you have DHCP enabled. -->  
  <characteristic type="Registry">
    <characteristic type="HKLM\Comm\TNETW12511\Parms\TCPIP">
      <parm name="EnableDHCP" value="1" datatype="integer"/>
      <parm name="AutoCfg" value="1" datatype="integer"/>
     <!-- <parm name="WINS" value="" datatype="multiplestring"/>
      <parm name="DNS" value="Your one" datatype="multiplestring"/>
      <parm name="DefaultGateway" value="Your one" datatype="multiplestring"/>
      <parm name="Subnetmask" value="Your one" datatype="multiplestring"/>
      <parm name="IpAddress" value="Your one" datatype="multiplestring"/> 
<!-- If you want to have a static IP uncomment the above lines. --> 
    </characteristic>
  </characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

For editing text based files I recommend Notepad2. There is a download link at my site.

Check-list:
Wifi issues (My thinking right now is that if I can have it not turned on by default the other issues will go away.)
Misc.

Optional Downloads
Opera 9.5 customized for my rom
Opera 10 beta 2 (!) customized for my rom
CeleTask Start Button Cab
SIP Changer fix (allows the use of compact qwerty and phone keypads. Can cause scrolling problems in file manager and other areas.)

Old Update Notes:
Code:
I updated it again, cooked in user customization. I also got rid of that awful blue and orange topbar wherever I could. I cant guarantee that UC will work but its worth a shot.

Version 4 loses UC, but customization finishes successfully now. Finished getting rid of MS' terrible color scheme. I probably wont update again till I get Notification and home screen task manager working. The clock now autosets from your carrier. Email setup wizard is now in, plus HTC's animated bootscreen.

Version 5 is now up! I got camera and homescreen taskmanager working. The reason why the phone doesn't restart after customization is because htc's connection setup is broken. To set up your data if the MS one doesn't autostart (I've had mixed results with that one) go to Settings\Connections\Connections and on the first page is a link that says Automatically Configure Connection. Tap that and you'll be golden. Version 6 will have HTC's Audio Manager, as that's my next goal to fix.

Version 6, contrary to my previous statements, does not have Audio Manager. It does however have the volume keys fixed, and HTC's Connection Setup now operates, tho not automatically. I'm not yet willing to claim that its better than MS' but now you have the ability to use either.

Version 7 will be coming soon. Auto connection setup now works. Mega notifications now works, is not mapped to the entire top bar tho. where the start menu used to be it gives the 6.5 default zoom thing. Phone canvas now has its position fixed and its scroll bar is gone. I went down to 23053 and it fixed the dialogue buttons and made poutlook stable. the new message button on the message tab now works. I wanna get this version with all the stuff I want in it so that the next version will just be bug fixes.

Version 7 is now ready to go. I ended up going back to 23060 so I fixed the dialogue buttons and got everything working. Audio Manager works now, as does USB to PC popup. User customization is now cooked in and does make the customization screen take a little longer but is very worth it. If you have issues with customization put this file on your SD card, it should fix it. I'm fairly sure I've gotten rid of the most of the brokenness but please post any issues you have.

Version 8 has been updated to 23069 and has sped up dramatically. Home screen task manager is broken, its a problem with this version of WinMo.

Version 9 is now up. It has been updated to 23071 but not much else has changed. I cooked in the Mega's wifi stuff and it did not break wifi. I still don't recommend changing the wifi's or bluetooth's settings, if its on don't turn it off or vise versa. It will cause severe slowdowns. Cleartype is now enabled by default, and I got rid of the message sent notification. Alarms are fixed if you noticed they were broken. I cooked the correct camera back in but it its not working; will attempt to fix later.

Version 10 brings with it many fixes. The Wifi and bluetooth issues are now gone along with the speed issues associated with them. I cooked in psShutXP and it is now the default function of holding the power key. Camera is still broken, I'll keep working on it. 

Version 11 has been updated to 23081. Other than that not much else is different. If you are experiencing issues update. If not then hold off for version 12.

Version 12 is now ready. it brings with it Opal's original comm manager and album. Camera is still broken, but I removed the beta watermark.  

Version 13 is now up. The camera now works (bows) but other than that no real changes have been made. If any new issues arise let me know. There was quite a few changes under the hood of this one.

Version 14 is ready. No major changes have occurred, but some of the stupid things that broke last time are no longer broken. USB to PC is still broken and if your waiting for that I don't recommend waiting, its not a priority. The OS is now 23085, but that hasn't really brought anything with. Stability is better and that is now my main goal.

Version 15 is up, without Audio Manager. but it does have USB to PC, and auto connection setup, which are both good things. Its not really any faster but there is a few subtle changes throughout, such as Comm Manager being skinned, and the message sent notification being destroyed. 

Version 16 is ready to go. Audio Manager is still broken, but I fixed Album. Not many other differences. 

Version 17 has quite a few changes. If you hold down the start button it will open up a task manager called [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=530564"]Showcase[/URL] by [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=402300"]amarullz[/URL]. CeleTask is also cooked in. There are shortcuts to both of these in Start\Accessories. Also in there is a shortcut used for [URL="http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/wing-linux/wiki"]Wing linux[/URL]. HTC sip changer now works so you can get to the other HTC keyboards such as compact qwerty. The new Comm Manager from the mega is back in, I managed to fix its issue with the opal so now its working correctly. Many of the issues that were in the previous versions are gone, but HTC audio manager still doesn't work. If you want to have CeleTask be the task manager set to the start button install the cab below.

Version 18 fixes customization. The rom customization is now done by HTC's new solution which is faster and more reliable. The user customization is now done by [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3611692"]XDA_UC[/URL]. If you have your own SDConfig.txt set up it will still work but now you can put whatever cabs or xmls in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\ and it will automatically process them. There might be other noticeable changes but I'm not sure due to pain meds. Enjoy.

Version 19 does not fix wifi like I'd hoped but it is more stable. Its version is 28002 and is part of why its more stable. Audio Manager works fine now. There are probably more changes but my rom hasn't really been my main focus for a while so I don't know.

Last edited:

nutman

Jul 8, 2009
For testing.

Completed the test. Will come Reviews. ;)

Thank you. :D:D:D

aarwen

Jun 17, 2008
Camera not work...
Your rom is nice~and hope u could fix all the bugs.
Waiting for your perfect rom:)

jonrulezz

Dec 3, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Home settings don't work... Comn Manager too...and in the wifi settings when u turn on the wifi it hangs...i think it has to do with the kitchen...cos phamquangs roms are ok

XirXes

Jan 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
Moto Z2 Force
Home settings don't work... Comn Manager too...and in the wifi settings when u turn on the wifi it hangs...i think it has to do with the kitchen...cos phamquangs roms are ok

I honestly have know idea what is wrong with the wifi. If I turn it off stuff breaks all over the phone including Comm manager and home settings; plus it makes everything slow down and kills the battery life. My advice for the moment is to leave it at what ever setting its initially at in the rom. As for the camera, I broke that and it will be back in the next version.

zaheer2587

May 12, 2009
as for me, i hv problem with: wifi, bluetooth, program files not showing whats on storage card (it sort of cannot detect the memory card at all, and cannot tranfer files from pc). home setting isnt working either, the camera and the volume control button.

XirXes

Jan 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
Moto Z2 Force
as for me, i hv problem with: wifi, bluetooth, program files not showing whats on storage card (it sort of cannot detect the memory card at all, and cannot tranfer files from pc). home setting isnt working either, the camera and the volume control button.

I figured bluetooth might be affected as well, but I haven't bothered to try it. as for the other issues, I'm not having any of those but I believe there associated with the wifi bug. My suggestion to you is to hard reset or upgrade the rom and then leave wifi/bluetooth alone; and then the rest of the rom will work just fine.

rkumar8

Jun 1, 2009
Bangalore
HI,
i just asked about the look and feel.....i mean the icons, the upper and lower task bars, the theme, manila 2D old with new icons(as the new manila 2D is heavy enough) etc. So this is not the functionality but only the interface.
Thanks

XirXes

Jan 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
Moto Z2 Force
HI,
i just asked about the look and feel.....i mean the icons, the upper and lower task bars, the theme, manila 2D old with new icons(as the new manila 2D is heavy enough) etc. So this is not the functionality but only the interface.
Thanks

I have no plans on changing the appearance of this rom. I really like the Mega's color scheme and what not so the appearance will probably stay the way it is for now.

gacon1000

Mar 14, 2007
Camera is not working..
@XirXes: this ROM is fast and stable, but comm mangager is not working correctly (bluetooth button is not work, wifi can't turn off) I've solved by this one :p
I think you should try htc album 2.5 and older camera version.. may be it works???