[SC-02C] Japan NTT DoCoMo Galaxy S II Users

Search This thread

martin_tokyo

Jun 17, 2012
TweakGS2 is an apk configurator for SakuraMilk based kernels. It's similar to the ExTweaks apps for Siyah.
You'd have to extract the zip and install the apk inside.

Well... that didn't fix anything.

I can't believe it's so hard to get GPS working on my phone. Where am I going wrong here?

Just to reiterate, I have SimoF's build of CM10, Siyah kernel, docomo SC-02C. Seems like others have the same thing as me, and yet no one else is having GPS not working like I am.

What am I not getting?

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
Well... that didn't fix anything.

I can't believe it's so hard to get GPS working on my phone. Where am I going wrong here?

Just to reiterate, I have SimoF's build of CM10, Siyah kernel, docomo SC-02C. Seems like others have the same thing as me, and yet no one else is having GPS not working like I am.

What am I not getting?

Maybe your phone is defective?

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I have put wjchen's awesome gps module into an easy cwm zip installer.
Also it's installing to /system now. PhilZ has init.d so I put the autoboot script in there. :D

How to install a working XXLSJ with GPS.

1. Download an XXLSJ rom. There are many, such as NEAT or WanamLite.
WanamLite http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1436817
NEAT http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1569686
2. Download the latest PhilZ XXLSJ kernel from here (cwm-zip format).
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1877270
3. On my Google Drive download "Simmo's SC-02C Any Rom Tweaker" and "XXLSJ NTT GPS Fix v.1"
4. Put all the 4 zips onto your sdcard.
5. Backup with Titanium Backup.
6. Reboot to recovery and do a full wipe.
7. Install in this order;
Your choice custom rom
PhilZ latest kernel
8. Goto Advanced->Reboot Recovery
9. Install in this order;
XXLSJ NTT GPS Fix v.1
Simmo's SC-02C Any Rom Tweaker
10. Reboot.

If your GPS is not working, reboot and install the GPS Fix zip again.
If your mobile network is not working, reboot and install the XXLSJ Tweaker again.
If your mobile data is not working, select your apn in mobile network settings.

If you wait a little bit I am making a single zip to install everything. I'll post it early this afternoon.

Enjoy.

And thank wjchen.

Edit: I updated my "Simmo's SC-02C Any Rom Tweaker" to work on the JB leak now. So the XXLPS Tweaker is no longer available. Please use that instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: martin_tokyo

martin_tokyo

Jun 17, 2012
Maybe your phone is defective?
I have put wjchen's awesome gps module into an easy cwm zip installer.
If you wait a little bit I am making a single zip to install everything. I'll post it early this afternoon.

I'm confident that it's not the phone, because when I reset it back to factory conditions, the GPS worked fine. It's only after upgrading that the GPS stops working.

I'll wait on your combined zip file, and try installing it this evening.

Thanks for your efforts, and I'm sorry if I haven't hit the "Thanks" button enough - I'm still working out this forum and just today realized I should be doing that.

Last edited:

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
I'm confident that it's not the phone, because when I reset it back to factory conditions, the GPS worked fine. It's only after upgrading that the GPS stops working.

I'll wait on your combined zip file, and try installing it this evening.

Thanks for your efforts, and I'm sorry if I haven't hit the "Thanks" button enough - I'm still working out this forum and just today realized I should be doing that.

Well try the method I posted in my previous post, this morning. It's working for me.

Lakitu

Jun 28, 2009
Koshigaya
OK, I've created a new rom based on the Chameleon rom base.

It's a Samsung backend with AOKP (Google style) interface on top.
So it looks and acts like CM9 but it has the stability and features (such as TV out) of the stock ROM.

This rom will install the Siyah 3.5.2 NTT mod kernel and SC-02C modem.
You can install any other compatable kernel on top if you wish.
I have included all the usual tweaks/fixes.

Please do a wipe/factory reset.

Please let me know of any problems, or comments.
If you want to stream music/videos from your PC, I'd recomend the Plex app. You can get it on Google Play.

The rom will be available soon on Google Drive.

This would be amazing. Thank you.

martin_tokyo

Jun 17, 2012
Well try the method I posted in my previous post, this morning. It's working for me.

Followed your isntructions to the letter, and now my phone is working perfectly on all fronts. Compass oriented correctly, GPS working fully, and no problems.

Thanks! Have a coffee on me. :cool:

One minor question if I may... the interface is a little different in this ROM from the Cyanogenmod ones I've been using. How do I get the phone to always connect as a mass storage device? In this interface, when I connect by USB, the notification links to options to connect by MTP or Camera mode, when I just want both internal and external drives to mount as storage devices.

Lakitu

Jun 28, 2009
Koshigaya
It's available. Just check my Google Drive.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cool. I'm itching to give it a whirl, but it's been a while since I put a ROM on my phone. Right now I'm running Siyah2.6.2 with DlevROM2.

What is the recommended way to set this up? When I was on Linux, I used Heimdall, but I use Win7 now.

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
Followed your isntructions to the letter, and now my phone is working perfectly on all fronts. Compass oriented correctly, GPS working fully, and no problems.

Thanks! Have a coffee on me. :cool:

One minor question if I may... the interface is a little different in this ROM from the Cyanogenmod ones I've been using. How do I get the phone to always connect as a mass storage device? In this interface, when I connect by USB, the notification links to options to connect by MTP or Camera mode, when I just want both internal and external drives to mount as storage devices.

It's a little irritating.
It's in settings, more settings, usb utilities, connect to pc.
There is an init.d script around to make it default.

evildave_666

May 7, 2011
Tokyo
SC-02C prices seem to be in free-fall the last few months. Down to 17,500 on musbi.net and seen a few on Rakuten for 14,500. Can only imagine what they'll be like in June once peoples' contracts are all up.

Getting tempted to get a beater just to test stuff on before inflicting on my daily-use phone.

martin_tokyo

Jun 17, 2012

That is irritating.

I've just tried a few Google searches, but I can't find this particular init.d script. if anyone knows where it can be found, or it's exact name so that it can be searched for, please post it here.

- -

On a related note, now that I have the phone rooted and with all the right drivers, is it possible to change the interface without risking losing all the hardware support? What I mean is, while the Cyanogenmod had maybe too many features of interest to hardcore Android users, it had some things I liked, such as a Google search bar that was permanently attached to every desktop, and the ability to make configurations like forcing USB to always be mass storage, and that kind of thing. The current interface with this ROM is a little simplistic.

It's not worth it if it means flashing a ROM that will change drivers and I might lose GPS again. But I wondered if maybe that level of changing the interface was superfifical enough that it could be done safely.

evildave_666

May 7, 2011
Tokyo
It's a little irritating.

In the long term probably best to get used to MTP. There's clear handwriting on the wall that mass storage mode is going the way of the dodo because of all the technical drawbacks.

martin_tokyo

Jun 17, 2012
In the long term probably best to get used to MTP.

I use Ubuntu and MTP sucks on Ubuntu. When I connect my Android by MTP, it says:

Code:
Unable to mount SAMSUNG_Android
Error initializing camera: -60: Could not lock the device

Bottom line, I don't care if it's MTP, mass storage, or carrier pidgeon that makes my Android connect to my computer. All I care is that when I plug my Android by USB, I can press one button and my internal and external SD cards appear as drives on my desktop that I can move files to and from, and sync with programs like Banshee, every bit as easily as I was doing previously with the mass storage method.

Last edited:

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
That is irritating.

I've just tried a few Google searches, but I can't find this particular init.d script. if anyone knows where it can be found, or it's exact name so that it can be searched for, please post it here.

- -

On a related note, now that I have the phone rooted and with all the right drivers, is it possible to change the interface without risking losing all the hardware support? What I mean is, while the Cyanogenmod had maybe too many features of interest to hardcore Android users, it had some things I liked, such as a Google search bar that was permanently attached to every desktop, and the ability to make configurations like forcing USB to always be mass storage, and that kind of thing. The current interface with this ROM is a little simplistic.

It's not worth it if it means flashing a ROM that will change drivers and I might lose GPS again. But I wondered if maybe that level of changing the interface was superfifical enough that it could be done safely.

Well. The Google search bar thing it's a feature in apex launcher. Miui uses Samsung official as a base, you can try that.

I'll poke around for the usb mode script later.

zaphod777

Apr 11, 2011
Chigasaki
Cool. I'm itching to give it a whirl, but it's been a while since I put a ROM on my phone. Right now I'm running Siyah2.6.2 with DlevROM2.

What is the recommended way to set this up? When I was on Linux, I used Heimdall, but I use Win7 now.

There is a heimdall for Windows too but I think most Windows users just use Odin. Siyah the install for Siyah now is the same as the normal one we just need to apply a GPS patch after the fact. SimmoF has a pretty good CM10 based ROM that has Siyah 5.0.1 GPS fixes and the SC-02C modem. I am running that one and it runs pretty well for me. You can install his ZIP from recovery and be done.

Reactions: Lakitu

Lakitu

Jun 28, 2009
Koshigaya
There is a heimdall for Windows too but I think most Windows users just use Odin. Siyah the install for Siyah now is the same as the normal one we just need to apply a GPS patch after the fact. SimmoF has a pretty good CM10 based ROM that has Siyah 5.0.1 GPS fixes and the SC-02C modem. I am running that one and it runs pretty well for me. You can install his ZIP from recovery and be done.
OK, I was looking to use the Chameleon one because I really need TV-out. Would I be right in thinking I just flash this zip file using CWM after renaming it to update.zip. I'm not currently running CM9. Does that make a difference?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NTT DoCoMo SC-02C FAQ in progress, coming soon...

Q: What is the difference between the SC-02C and other Galaxy S II models?
    A: The FM radio on the "international I9100" is missing, and in its place is an ISDB-T digital TV receiver. (Similar to but using a different broadcast protocol as the DMB receivers in the korean M250 models) The SC-02C does not have NFC capabilities, like all models except the M250.

Q: How can I unlock the SC-02C?
    A: The unlock used for other early Galaxy S II models will not work on the SC-02C. You can have the handset unlocked at your nearest DoCoMo shop for 3150 yen (tax-inclusive). This does not supposed to affect your monthly billing.

Q: Where can I find original SC-02C firmware if I need to return the handset for service?
    A: There is not an official version of the OMKF2 firmware that the earliest released handsets came with, however you may obtain a copy of the first update, OMKG5, here.

Q: What is the current version firmware?
    A: The final firmware version is OMMP7 (Android 4.0.3)

Q: What's the deal with tethering?
    A: If you use tethering (i.e. mobile access point) you may find your monthly pakehodai charge has increased to 10,395 yen/mo. Its suspected that turning the built-in tether feature switches you invisibly to a different APN which generates an increase on the bill.

Q: How do I activate the Palette UI that Docomo is advertising?
    A: Use the 'Home Switcher' application or clear the defaults for 'TwLauncher' in Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.

Q: Can I use I9100 images (and custom ones) on the SC-02C (or vice-versa)?
    A: To an extent yes, there are a couple issues:
    1. The kernel/baseband must be for SC-02C or else you will lose GPS/One-Seg functionality. (You can generally flash these back after installing a custom image)
    2. The SC-02C has a different partition layout, FACTORYFS is 100MB larger than I9100 and HIDDEN is 100MB smaller. The disk usage on the current OMxxx images does not exceed the size of the I9100 partition, however it is VERY close and the SC-02C's partition table was likely laid out different to allow for additional growth.
    The bad news is that Docomo firmwares do not contain an Sbl.bin file, so you can not fix your boot logo that way. The good news is that someone ripped the Sbl.bin file from their phone over a year ago, this one also works with the usb jig. So it's a win/win. You can download it from my DropBox go to the !SC-02C folder, download SBL-SC02COMKF2.zip extract it and flash the tar with odin.

I did the same thing as you, this is how I fixed it. Also if you'd like to use the GPS/compass fix and get some nice tweaks as well, youy can flash my mod in my DropBox's Simmo's Mod folder. Download the zip file with Siyah in the name, and install with ClockworkMod.

Good luck.

hello, Im a user of Docomo SC-02C GS2, can u help me?
    I flashed a firmware of european model and now I lost the "Docomo" logo at the boot.
    I think it is because I had flashed the file includes "boot.bin", and "sbl.bin".

Now I can flash the original firmware (from SC-02C_DCM_SC02COMKG5_SC02CDCMKG5_SC02COMKG5.exe) without problem.

This is the current Version on my phone:
    PDA: SC02COMKG5
    PHONE: SC-2COMKG5
    CSC: SC02CDCMKG5

Build Info: Sat Jul 16 06:05:10 KST 2011

There is no problem to use the telefone.
    But at the boot of the telefone, it shows "Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100". (Before was "Docomo" ....)

Can you tell me how to rebranding to a original docomo-logo (it maybe caused by european boot.bin??)

Thank you.
    Now siyah kernel support both international i9100 and SC-02C in a single kernel image.Just download the latest version from gokhanmoral's web site and add a script in /system/etc/init.d/ gps will work for SC-02C.

Code:
    #!/sbin/busybox sh
    echo 16 > /proc/sys/kernel/rom_feature_set
    sleep 5
    chown root.system /sys/class/sec/gps/GPS_PWR_EN/value
    chmod 664 /sys/class/sec/gps/GPS_PWR_EN/value
    A CWM flashable script:
    https://dl-web.dropbox.com/s/g47a9r0dz14w0wj/S99FixNTTGPS.zip
    Flash CM10 rom,then kernel build by me,then ics compass fix,that's all.
    You may wipe cache and data。
    If you use sc-02c stock rom,you should remove assert script in CM10 rom(Open the zip, go to META-INF/com/google/android/update-sctipt. Remove the top 6 lines with the assert then repack).
    @wjchen0: Did you flash CM10 rom cook for I9100 version first, or just flash CM10 kernel that you built?
    I want to enjoy JB as soon as posible... Can't wait for Docomo support :((
    Thank you very much for your reply, currently my phone use
    DXLP7
    2.6.35.7-I9100XWKK5-CL754841root@Dell144#2
    I am going to root my phone to use root explorer.
    so as your instruction, i have to download xxxOMKL4xxx.tar file and use root explorer to copy the files as you mentioned to the phone right?
    Many Thanks

You should rename sensors.*.so(sorry I forgot the name) to sensors.GT-i9100.so or sensors.default.so first,then just replace the files.
    Here is siyah kernel and speedmod kernel for sc-02c ics compiled by me, GPS works fine.I hope this can help.
    blogger.wjchen.co.cc/?p=29001