[Q] Discovered a lens in Moto G. Could it be a hidden LED?

Search This thread

B44Z

Nov 4, 2013
Guys, today I was checking out my I have Indian dual sim Moto G XT1033 phone's display in the sunlight, like how does the display appear at various brightness in direct sunlight, etc. Then I noticed something that looked like a lens to the immediate right of the call speaker. Not just that, to the immediate right of this lens is another thing I could not figure out clearly what it was. It looked like something reflective like a small square piece of foil like material. I have attached a pic to show where in the phone it lies.

1. The usual white notification LED

(Things I noticed):
2. A lens. Immediate right to the call speaker. Could it be a hidden LED?
3. Another reflective square shaped thing I could not figure out what it was.

Now, since this lens is present in the phone, it must have some use. I did not see it in normal room light. I wonder how I had missed it. It is almost impossible to notice it in the first glance. Some people had noticed another LED in their Moto X too. So do we have some use of it in the Moto G or is it present for the sake of nothing? Can anyone else see it on their Moto G too?
I've started this thread since no one has reported this thing.

ts1506

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2012
Kolkata
Guys, today I was checking out my I have Indian dual sim Moto G XT1033 phone's display in the sunlight, like how does the display appear at various brightness in direct sunlight, etc. Then I noticed something that looked like a lens to the immediate right of the call speaker. Not just that, to the immediate right of this lens is another thing I could not figure out clearly what it was. It looked like something reflective like a small square piece of foil like material. I have attached a pic to show where in the phone it lies.

(Things I noticed):

Now, since this lens is present in the phone, it must have some use. I did not see it in normal room light. I wonder how I had missed it. It is almost impossible to notice it in the first glance. Some people had noticed another LED in their Moto X too. So do we have some use of it in the Moto G or is it present for the sake of nothing? Can anyone else see it on their Moto G too?

About 2 and 3 , one is Proximity Sensor and another is Ambient Light Sensor.

Reactions: B44Z

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

(Things I noticed):

About 2 and 3 , one is Proximity Sensor and another is Ambient Light Sensor.