[FIX] Dual Touch FOR EVERY app on Stock 2.1 ROM

Search This thread

RockitOut11

Dec 28, 2010
There's a lot of users that already use the Stock 2.1 ROM because it's bug-free.

BUT, even with the DualTouch/Pinch-Zoom Kernel Modules, this rom doesn't accept dual-touch and/or pinch zoom on all apps. Per exemple, if you install the kernel module for Cypress Dual Touch, you can't do pinch-zoom on the Browser, and you can't have dual-touch in games.

So, today i'm bringing you a fix made by iridaki for the X10, adapted for our device, so you can have dual-touch on every app on Stock Rom (except the stock 2.1 gallery from SE, because that gallery was made without pinch-zoom functionality).

>> Original Post here

Let's start!

Step 1

Install the Kernel Module for your digitizer and test it in Multitouch visualizer (one app where dual-touch works without this fix).

Step 2

Using your favorite root file manager (per exemple: root explorer), navigate to /system, press the Mount R/W button, find build.prop, long press on it and select "Open in Text Editor".
After the last entry, add the following lines:

Code:
ro.product.multi_touch_enabled=true
ro.product.max_num_touch=2

Step 3

Download this file (rapidshare mirror) and, using your root file manager, copy it to /etc/permissions. Then, long press on it, select Permissions and make sure that these options are checked:

[x][x][ ]
[x][ ][ ]
[x][ ][ ]

Step 4

Restart the phone, click the thanks button on this thread and on the original thread and then enjoy dual touch on every app!

RockitOut11

Dec 28, 2010
Is this still fake dual touch? For example in N.O.V.A can i walk and shooting in same time?

if you're synaptics, as i think you are, this is just to make the Fake Dual Touch work on every app and game, because without this fix it will only work on some rare apps, like opera mini and multitouch visualizer.

with this you have the same dualtouch/pinch-zoom capabilities has in froyo and gingerbread costum roms.

Reactions: elderduke

elderduke

May 2, 2011
Great post. I confirm it working on stock 2.1.1.C.0.0., tested on Gun Bros, previously not working in MT without this fix. Thank you.
Good job.
Cheers,

roxthenet

Nov 20, 2011
sarawak
There's a lot of users that already use the Stock 2.1 ROM because it's bug-free.

BUT, even with the DualTouch/Pinch-Zoom Kernel Modules, this rom doesn't accept dual-touch and/or pinch zoom on all apps. Per exemple, if you install the kernel module for Cypress Dual Touch, you can't do pinch-zoom on the Browser, and you can't have dual-touch in games.

So, today i'm bringing you a fix made by iridaki for the X10, adapted for our device, so you can have dual-touch on every app on Stock Rom (except the stock 2.1 gallery from SE, because that gallery was made without pinch-zoom functionality).

>> Original Post here

Let's start!

Step 1

Install the Kernel Module for your digitizer and test it in Multitouch visualizer (one app where dual-touch works without this fix).

Step 2

Using your favorite root file manager (per exemple: root explorer), navigate to /system, press the Mount R/W button, find build.prop, long press on it and select "Open in Text Editor".

Code:

Step 3

Download this file (rapidshare mirror) and, using your root file manager, copy it to /etc/permissions. Then, long press on it, select Permissions and make sure that these options are checked:

[x][x][ ]
[x][ ][ ]
[x][ ][ ]

Step 4

Restart the phone, click the thanks button on this thread and on the original thread and then enjoy dual touch on every app!

Thanks..it work on my x8

Sent from my x8 - Stock Rom 2.1 - using XDA Premium App

athulele

Oct 11, 2011
USA
thnx man.....its really awesomeeeee!!!1
It works with pes 2012 which was not able to recognize my 2 fingers!!:D:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

>> Original Post here

Let's start!

Step 1

Step 2

Code:

Step 3

[x][x][ ]
    [x][ ][ ]
    [x][ ][ ]

Step 4

Is this still fake dual touch? For example in N.O.V.A can i walk and shooting in same time?

if you're synaptics, as i think you are, this is just to make the Fake Dual Touch work on every app and game, because without this fix it will only work on some rare apps, like opera mini and multitouch visualizer.

with this you have the same dualtouch/pinch-zoom capabilities has in froyo and gingerbread costum roms.
    Help me I cant flash the kernel

What kernel are you talking about? You don't need to flash any kernel for this fix, you need the stock kernel, this fix is for stock Rom on stock kernel. If you're on a costum kernel just go to the unlock bootloader guide thread and download the stock kernel.
    phone must be rooted? :confused:

yes because you need to change system files
    Did this trick also work on W8 stock rom(cypress screen)???

Should work, try. :)

Sent from my E15i using XDA