Smoocha kernel -- AOSP 4.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Hey, here is a little kernel Houstonn and I have been working on. It's based on Faux123 kernel for nexus 4, however, it has evolved into a "buffet" kernel. I keep choosing what i believe is the better interface / way of doing things in a choice of various way or what could give us better battery / performance. I'm trying to maintain a certain balance.

This version is for geeb (AT&T/Canadian) with the 8mp cam. If you have a 13mp camera use that thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2246152

I won't link to Faux123 kernel in the nexus 4 for the simple reason that 99% of the people don't read and on these 99% of people, a few will end up flashing nexus 4 kernel which mostly flash by partition number and not by partition name thus hard bricking their device.

Reason to at least try it :

1. CPU voltage table
  2. Intellidemand and Wheatley governor added
  3. All the block I/O scheduler
  4. TCP Westwood algorithm
  5. Faux123 sounds interface
  6. Faux123 gamma interface (color control)
  7. Newest Prima (wifi) driver.
  8. In-kernel thermal watching
  9. Msm_mpdecision (In-kernel OpenSource MPDecision)
  10. Frandom module loaded at boot.

Houstonn
Faux123
Show-P1984
FranciscoFranco
Shelnutt2
XpLoDWilD
Thracky
Synergye
Exit_only

Last edited:

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Good job. Any chance of making a stock 4.1.2 kernel with logging disabled and add interactive governor?

LG Optimus G E971/3/5/6/7

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
There's only chad-kernel-001.zip and 002. No Houcha listings.

Sent through the magic of an LG Optimus G (E971) running RootBox 4.2.2.

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Does this have conservative or Pegasusq?

Edit: has conservative...no pegasusq

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

H4xz3n

Mar 3, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Is this different from the chad ones v1 and 2, I am running v2 now on your cm 10.1 newest, which would you recommend also what would be best settings for good performance / battery life? Thanks

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

BrockFerens

Jun 17, 2010
Kelowna
Thanks, i love flashing kernels. does it have alot of the same features as Faux123's N4 kernel? I know you said its heavily based, but i have read his thread before, and he had some presets posted wondering if ill be able to use em . Thanks again, appreciate all the time put in.
Edit : Everything running smooth, went to faux thread, and followed his settings.

Last edited:

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina
Flashed last night with Houston's root box 0410 build and everything seems to be running great.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
can i flash this kernel on my stock 4.1.2 JB?

It's a 4.2.2 kernel. Why would you think it would work on a 4.1.2 install? Lol

A lot changed between 4.1 and 4.2. Almost to the point where they should have called 5.0 or at least 4.5 or something.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Just out curiosity, how is "houcha" pronounced? I know it's based on your names, but still.

It looks like it should be "hoo" "chah", but for some reason, I want to say "hoo" "kah". :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: galeonui9590

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
It's a 4.2.2 kernel. Why would you think it would work on a 4.1.2 install? Lol

A lot changed between 4.1 and 4.2. Almost to the point where they should have called 5.0 or at least 4.5 or something.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Just out curiosity, how is "houcha" pronounced? I know it's based on your names, but still.

It looks like it should be "hoo" "chah", but for some reason, I want to say "hoo" "kah". :cool:

"hoo sha"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, here is a little kernel Houstonn and I have been working on. It's based on Faux123 kernel for nexus 4, however, it has evolved into a "buffet" kernel. I keep choosing what i believe is the better interface / way of doing things in a choice of various way or what could give us better battery / performance. I'm trying to maintain a certain balance.

This version is for geeb (AT&T/Canadian) with the 8mp cam. If you have a 13mp camera use that thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2246152

I won't link to Faux123 kernel in the nexus 4 for the simple reason that 99% of the people don't read and on these 99% of people, a few will end up flashing nexus 4 kernel which mostly flash by partition number and not by partition name thus hard bricking their device.

Reason to at least try it :

1. CPU voltage table
    2. Intellidemand and Wheatley governor added
    3. All the block I/O scheduler
    4. TCP Westwood algorithm
    5. Faux123 sounds interface
    6. Faux123 gamma interface (color control)
    7. Newest Prima (wifi) driver.
    8. In-kernel thermal watching
    9. Msm_mpdecision (In-kernel OpenSource MPDecision)
    10. Frandom module loaded at boot.

Houstonn
    Faux123
    Show-P1984
    FranciscoFranco
    Shelnutt2
    XpLoDWilD
    Thracky
    Synergye
    Exit_only
    Downloads and sources.

All the downloads will be here :

Use the geeb version.

http://ribs.bbqdroid.org/houcha

My source are there :

https://github.com/chadouming/smoocha
    Today i went into a major revamp. Complete rebase with taking only the commit we need. Cleaned much of the left over and a few bugs. Thing went better than expected and took me only 4h40 mins. i decided to rename it "smoocha". This name should says it all. Also, there wont be anymore faux sounds / not faux sounds version. All the version will be with faux sounds, which works now. Enjoy it, and welcome to a new world of smoothness.
    chad is awesome.... :)
    Version ending with fs have faux sound instead of franciscofranco sounds interface