[KERNEL] [2.6.32.24] [HAVS] [BATTFIX] [BFS] [OC] [UV] KiNgxKernel #5/#5 "Falling Up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nomsy79

Aug 5, 2010
Brooklyn
ok so

the reason battery charging is so slow is the chains HTC have placed on the battery charging

If it getting to "warm" (thats the phrase used in the code) it will lower charging time significantly

I changed these values to become more "flexible" to allow the battery to charge faster

I did not want to skyrocket these numbers and fry any batteries

with that being said

I will slowly be raising these values incrementally and releasing to testers to see how hot the battery gets and where an optimal stopping point is.

with THAT being said

I think we have our 'slow charging' workaround

:D

Excellent work once again. I would be more than willing to help out with testing. I use my phone for work and play...lol...and I am constantly on it. Send me a PM if you would like...if not...it's totally fine.
A donation is definitely coming your way.

Thank you for your hard work.

eX_675

Aug 21, 2010
San Diego
Flashed to BFS#2 from BFS#1. Wiped the cache and dalvik before flashing and now my GPS is struggling to find satellite. I have the phone sitting in the same area of desk where i always test my GPS, and normally i'm anywhere from 7-9 sats spiking at 11 once but that might of been a fluke. Right now I'm at 3 and spiked at 6.

Re-wipe and flash again?

Phone stats in Sig. No SetCPU

Nomsy79

Aug 5, 2010
Brooklyn
battery is def charging hotter then before... I don't know how much more it would handle.. I also have a 2150 mAh HTC battery... I'm going to check that one out too.

Yeah....I noticed this as well...especially around the 80% range as King described in the post above. I know my setcpu profile kicked in once I went over 104 F because everything slowed down a bit. It then dropped down to about 102.7F. I actually took the back of my phone off cause it was getting pretty hot...but it's still moving along with the charge. Will definitely report back with any more findings.

Last edited:

tech9ne

Jul 12, 2010
Yeah....I noticed this as well...especially around the 80% range as King described in the post above. I know my setcpu profile kicked in once I went over 104 F because everything slowed down a bit. It then dropped down to about 102.7F. I actually took the back of my phone off cause it was getting pretty hot...but it's still moving along with the charge. Will definitely report back with any more findings.

102F is nothing for a battey, nothing to worry about.

ive gotten my battery up to 145 F before with no side effects. (aside from the phone freezing)

Nomsy79

Aug 5, 2010
Brooklyn
102F is nothing for a battey, nothing to worry about.

ive gotten my battery up to 145 F before with no side effects. (aside from the phone freezing)

:eek: 145 F....damn that's hot.

My Batt temp just dropped down to 98 F and is still charging pretty fast still. It did slow down a tad from the initial 1-2% every minute and I'm totally fine with that.

Major improvement!

bokajay@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2010
Boca Raton, FL
only at 101F so actually its not that bad at all .. my only concern is when im charging in my car and 95 degrees outside and the sun is toasting my car. gotta wait for my a/c to kick in i guess lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.