Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Playground ICS: New Era

Tip us?

nsg86
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by itandy View Post
I'm sorry to report that Playground ICS does crash if GPU is stressed enough. I run Google maps, Temple Run and then Star Chart. It finally reboot. But definitely better than IceColdSandwich.

Sent from my Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
I'm just wondering is gingerbread will be fine if run Google maps, Temple Run and then Star Chart..??

itandy
Old
Thanks Meter 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsaw View Post
Front camera not working. Force close on me when I try to take picture of me.

Sent from my Incredible S using XDA
Have you solved your front face camera problem. I also have this problem and want to know if you can fix it.

My phone
Sony Xperia ZR | Rooted Stock ROM 4.4.2 | Stock kernel | Dual CWM/TWRP recovery | Samsung 32GB UHS-I

HTC Incredible S | Blackrose 2.02 HBOOT | 4EXT Touch | CM11 VivoKat | TESCO Kernel 3.0.101 | 3831.18.00.28 radio | SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 32GB

My work
Photo Frame&Grid Widget | Android Phone Vibrator - Xposed | Ringer & Notification Volume Unlink in ICS/JB - Xposed | Notification Direct Launcher - Xposed | Xperia Stamina LED - Xposed | Xperia/AOSP NavBar Buttons - Xposed

incrediblealex
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg86 View Post
I'm just wondering is gingerbread will be fine if run Google maps, Temple Run and then Star Chart..??
Yeah gingerbread works fine. I guess we will just have to wait for stable ics

Sent from my Incredible S using XDA
Incredible S S-OFF
The Following User Says Thank You to incrediblealex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

itandy
Old
Thanks Meter 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by itandy View Post
Have you solved your front face camera problem. I also have this problem and want to know if you can fix it.

I just tried a fresh install of Playground and still the front face camera doesn't work. I guess the current camera HAL for IncS is just broken. Hope it can be fixed in next release.
My phone
Sony Xperia ZR | Rooted Stock ROM 4.4.2 | Stock kernel | Dual CWM/TWRP recovery | Samsung 32GB UHS-I

HTC Incredible S | Blackrose 2.02 HBOOT | 4EXT Touch | CM11 VivoKat | TESCO Kernel 3.0.101 | 3831.18.00.28 radio | SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 32GB

My work
Photo Frame&Grid Widget | Android Phone Vibrator - Xposed | Ringer & Notification Volume Unlink in ICS/JB - Xposed | Notification Direct Launcher - Xposed | Xperia Stamina LED - Xposed | Xperia/AOSP NavBar Buttons - Xposed

imepv7
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default Octo Lockscreen

I noticed that the octo-lockscreen is a little bit off screen at the bottom. The icon there is totally hidden.

SM9005: X-NOTE Build 18
LG G2 (D802): Pardus HD Classic 7.3

----------------------------------------

ChewyVision
Old
Thanks Meter 0
In installed this ROM two days ago after 3 months on Virtuous Quattro as I was getting sick of the stability issues and non-working camera (other than that great ROM).

So far, loving Playground, it's very smooth and I've had no stability issues yet.

One thing, is there a way to change the notification LED to flash green instead of orange? I can't find a setting for it anywhere...

ChewyVision
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok a couple of problems, now:

1) I can't send text messages over 160 characters
2) Skype video calling doesn't work, it initializes and then hangs up (related to camcorder issue?).

The Skype problem isn't the end of the world, but the text message thing is quite annoying. Are there any fixes for this, which don't include a 3rd party sms app?

inSaN1Ty_X
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewyVision View Post
Ok a couple of problems, now:

1) I can't send text messages over 160 characters
2) Skype video calling doesn't work, it initializes and then hangs up (related to camcorder issue?).

The Skype problem isn't the end of the world, but the text message thing is quite annoying. Are there any fixes for this, which don't include a 3rd party sms app?
The SMS thing might be some sort of security thing. Heard that at least ICS does not allow you to send empty(?) Or multiple sms's in bursts.

Sooo its possibly limited to 160 so malicious apps cant spend all you sms's.
Sounds dumb, I know. And might be totally different thing/problem, but after all, the 'over 5 sms in 2min' was also dumb limitation.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA
Phone: Nexus 5 - 32Gb - Purity + Franco/Faux
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) - 32Gb - Purity + Franco/Faux

Past: HTC Incredible S, HTC One X, ASUS Transformer TF700

classnetd
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by inSaN1Ty_X View Post
The SMS thing might be some sort of security thing. Heard that at least ICS does not allow you to send empty(?) Or multiple sms's in bursts.

Sooo its possibly limited to 160 so malicious apps cant spend all you sms's.
Sounds dumb, I know. And might be totally different thing/problem, but after all, the 'over 5 sms in 2min' was also dumb limitation.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA
160 characters? I would rather call the other fella than typing so much. Anyway you could probably try whatsapp or something similar if this is indeed the limitation...

ChewyVision
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had no problems sending SMS's of over 160 chars on my previous ICS ROM, so I'd like to see this fixed on Playground, as on all other counts Playground is a brilliant ROM.

For now I've installed GoSMS, but I prefer the native Messaging app.