microSD card - problem of writing to

Search This thread

nuhor68

Nov 20, 2009
Hello!

I have a problem to write data to external microSD card mounted to my Tab 7.7. I cannot copy/move files, create folders, etc. there when doing this using the Tab. At the same time I can do all of this from my PC when the Tab is connected to it - I can create folders on the microSD, copy or move file. Also, there is no problem to read data form the external card by the Tab (books, for example). So, the problem seems to be only with writing to the card from the Tab.

Could anyone give an advice please? Thank you.

kazuni

Aug 28, 2007
Hong Kong
Hello!

I have a problem to write data to external microSD card mounted to my Tab 7.7. I cannot copy/move files, create folders, etc. there when doing this using the Tab. At the same time I can do all of this from my PC when the Tab is connected to it - I can create folders on the microSD, copy or move file. Also, there is no problem to read data form the external card by the Tab (books, for example). So, the problem seems to be only with writing to the card from the Tab.

Could anyone give an advice please? Thank you.

You can only use the internal File Manager app built-in the tablet, OR if you have a rooted tab, then use root explorer or estrongs in root mode to do so.

Basically, the microSD card is mounted in a very awkward state - normally you cannot move or delete files from the card, but with the built in file manager app you do have the proper permissions.

nuhor68

Nov 20, 2009
You can only use the internal File Manager app built-in the tablet, OR if you have a rooted tab, then use root explorer or estrongs in root mode to do so.

Basically, the microSD card is mounted in a very awkward state - normally you cannot move or delete files from the card, but with the built in file manager app you do have the proper permissions.

Kazuni, yes, this works. Thank you very much for your help.

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
That looks like the same edit i applied to my permissions.xml file.

Sent from another Galaxy...
Tab 7.7

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts